[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

Well, just hit level 80. But I think I'm going to retire Agamemnon now. I think Sovyn's Lazy Pally is a great build to start with, cheap and tanky, and it can transition to having decent amounts of MF without getting completely stomped by mobile opponents and Rogue Exiles (this was why I got fed up with Flame Totem Marauder as an MFer).

I've got the currency I need to do a more expensive build now (and I plan to do Mathil's Dualwield Evasion Crit Duelist), all I need to find is someone online who will sell me a Rapier lol.

In any case,

Final Tree:

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQABLEFLQkzEPASvBRSFSAZtBo4G60byCP2J-0qTSzpNZI8LT3iPydHfkjuSn1KyExgTZJPfVFgU99W-ljbWfNeE2BLYxdlTWaeZ6Bqk2wWbmluqnKpdO1313iueu982X7ifyuAVoTZhO-HGYd2jX2QCpBVlWaZK5stm4OjiqeEqZWsqqyvr6K18rc-t9O9gb6nwA_AGsOGxLjE9sauytPRNtJN037V7dX41orXy9i93Q3iLOeR7g7yWvVG-tL7_PxL_MX-Cg==

Gear:

"
K0rrupted wrote:
Well, just hit level 80. But I think I'm going to retire Agamemnon now.

Well K0rrupted, I wish you well. I don't think lvl 80 is very high (just my personal opinion, not into high maps or anything at only 80). I understand wanting to try different things, that's the spice of a game sometimes. :) I think the lazy pally can be great at any level because you don't get one-shotted as much as other builds that have issues with reflect, thorns, or some spells in the endgame. Best wishes!
Is this build just a viable with a marauder or duelist if i take similar nodes starting out and skip the templar starting area? Never really done a melee build to high levels and I love the idea of facetanking everything to death.

EDIT: Mara seems like it could pretty good as you can get the health/armor nodes at the start. Duelist would require some more tree rearranging but you could get leather and steal and +2 melee range? Does melee range make reave reach further out or just the initial hit? I was thinking of using double strike and reave with claws on both if i chose to use them over templar.

VERY rough trees i layed out:

Mara

Duelist
Last edited by Noburu on Sep 27, 2014, 9:15:59 PM
"
Noburu wrote:
Is this build just a viable with a marauder or duelist if i take similar nodes starting out and skip the templar starting area?

The build can be adapted to any class except perhaps the shadow. I have found that the balance of stats is slightly better with the templar than any other class. What you would need to do is use a program like the offline skilltree calc with 120 point builds then compare carefully each stat from the list in the guide to the trees you make. You will find most of the time that different trees are lower in some area, like block, life, attack speed, melee damage, armor, etc.

+2 node makes no difference for reave as reave's AOE size is not linked to the base melee range in any way. Some skills like cyclone use the base melee range and so the +2 node would count for those skills.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Noburu wrote:
Is this build just a viable with a marauder or duelist if i take similar nodes starting out and skip the templar starting area?

The build can be adapted to any class except perhaps the shadow. I have found that the balance of stats is slightly better with the templar than any other class. What you would need to do is use a program like the offline skilltree calc with 120 point builds then compare carefully each stat from the list in the guide to the trees you make. You will find most of the time that different trees are lower in some area, like block, life, attack speed, melee damage, armor, etc.

+2 node makes no difference for reave as reave's AOE size is not linked to the base melee range in any way. Some skills like cyclone use the base melee range and so the +2 node would count for those skills.

Thank you sir Im thinking I will try it as a Mara
"
Sovyn wrote:

Well K0rrupted, I wish you well. I don't think lvl 80 is very high (just my personal opinion, not into high maps or anything at only 80). I understand wanting to try different things, that's the spice of a game sometimes. :) I think the lazy pally can be great at any level because you don't get one-shotted as much as other builds that have issues with reflect, thorns, or some spells in the endgame. Best wishes!

Heh thanks. I think I've been wanting to do a more volatile, Crit-based build. I'll keep Agamemnon around because he's MF-capable, unlike the Crit build.

Also been wanting to experiment with the newly buffed Freeze Pulse skill, might do that later.

And to the other guy: Spell Block is broken in this game, and the Templar is closer to the Spell Block in Witchland than any other class.

I think that if you want to preserve the versatility of the class, Templar is the clear winner.

If you want to run it as a Duelist and Marauder, it will be harder for you to get into Witchland. To get the Spell Block you need, I recommend running a Lazhwar and getting the Lust for Carnage circle. Then get one item with Life Leech and a ring with Mana Leech and you should be great. So the build and gear choices become more restrictive as a Duelist.
Last edited by K0rrupted on Sep 28, 2014, 12:42:11 PM
Well, I'm too lazy to level up the other dude at the moment, so I decided to play around with the gear for the Reaver.

My non-MF set that I recently made.

Most of it is self found or crafted. With this, I have 5100 HP and Spell Block from Lazhwar. The only minor drawback is 73 fire res and 73 cold res, which I could easily fix with equipping one of my more res-heavy rings, but I don't really need to do it.
Last edited by K0rrupted on Oct 1, 2014, 12:59:23 AM
"
K0rrupted wrote:
I have 5100 HP

Nice! I think my current life is a little lower. I don't really count the ES I have, because it's down much of the time. I'm sure Belly helps quite a lot with the life in your case, it got a nice indirect buff in 1.2. :)
Speaking of which....

Todays changelog -

"
10-02-2014 -- Added a mention of the Belly of the Beast unique chest
Sovyn, how did your test with Alpha's Howl go?

Just wondering as yesterday I got lucky in Lunaris 3, and this dropped:

I might test it with Herald of Ash and Hatred, but I haven't got a Grace yet :)
Last edited by Stefacle on Oct 3, 2014, 2:27:18 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info