[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Stefacle wrote:
Sovyn, how did your test with Alpha's Howl go?

Still messing around with the general idea of running herald of ash + grace + hatred, but going a different way with it, the stats on my helmet are too good to pass up (life + high defenses + chaos res). I'm getting Sovereignty, for the 14% reduced mana reserved for 4 points as an experiment. The experiment is to see if I can run my 6-link Reave on mana with all three up at once (using blood magic support lowers dps significantly). I do suspect that 4 damage nodes instead would be better overall than herald of ash, certainly on the tooltip. Whatever overkill burning we might cause with it would be hard to quantify, but obviously not too huge here. No conclusions yet. :)
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Stefacle wrote:
Sovyn, how did your test with Alpha's Howl go?

Still messing around with the general idea of running herald of ash + grace + hatred, but going a different way with it, the stats on my helmet are too good to pass up (life + high defenses + chaos res). I'm getting Sovereignty, for the 14% reduced mana reserved for 4 points as an experiment. The experiment is to see if I can run my 6-link Reave on mana with all three up at once (using blood magic support lowers dps significantly). I do suspect that 4 damage nodes instead would be better overall than herald of ash, certainly on the tooltip. Whatever overkill burning we might cause with it would be hard to quantify, but obviously not too huge here. No conclusions yet. :)

Eager to hear your results, Sovyn, but after trying the Sovereignty 4 nodes previously (wanted to run tempest shield alongside determination and hatred), I found better investment in 4 damage nodes, like you said. I placed my four in the Fell the Weak 4 nodes with damage and life.

I'm currently aiming for the Body and Soul armor and energy shield cluster as I have an Aegis and have found it to add to the tankiness of the build, so that I can eventually drop determination and run discipline instead.

Anyway, glad to see the Lazy Pally thread still going strong. Thanks to Sovyn and his guide, I was able to get an end-game build going.
Last edited by Quixote77 on Oct 5, 2014, 12:29:19 PM
I was lucky enough to find someone selling a claw with good rolls and an open prefix at a fair price -

Once my Vagan hits 6 for the better hybrid mod, looks like I'll have a substantial DPS upgrade. (350 pdps expected result for this claw.)
"
Sovyn wrote:
I was lucky enough to find someone selling a claw with good rolls and an open prefix at a fair price -

Once my Vagan hits 6 for the better hybrid mod, looks like I'll have a substantial DPS upgrade. (350 pdps expected result for this claw.)

Best deal on services is Manly, who used to do it free, but now charges 10c for mods (on top of the orbs required to do the mod). Elreon's metamod is 150 alts for weapon but since you only have one prefix open, it would be useless.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1047720

I get why he's charging now, free would have been like honey to bees, but 10c is reasonable compared to the many exalts others are demanding...
"
Saviourself wrote:

Best deal on services is Manly, who used to do it free

Free / pay what you want service for all but Elreon metamod (10c) on Standard:

www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1071272/

I've had very good luck with him, but will be patient and do this one myself as I'm not in any hurry. :)

Only need the one mod as this has good non-hybrid % phys / flat phys / speed already. :)

Will be pretty sweet when done, dps will rise well over 20k.
Today's changelog -

"
10-07-2014 -- Improved the aura section in the guide
The new weapon turned out well --

352 pDPS

Two points shy of max on the craft, very happy with that.

Will update all of my personal current stats / gear in the guide once I settle down a bit (probably next time I level) as there are a lot of improvements.
Grats Sov! ; )
Just wanted to say hi and thanks again. This build saved my char big time as selfound. Got a bit of help as gear vice ( thanks again Dohja!) and got very lucky when 6-linked chest dropped and now im rockingandrolling like they aint tomorrow. Only looking for some minor adjustments on gear and then im golden. Thanks Sovyn for all the info!
Last edited by Wolferlmm on Oct 10, 2014, 11:41:39 PM
"
Wolferlmm wrote:
Just wanted to say hi and thanks again. This build saved my char big time as selfound. Got a bit of help as gear vice ( thanks again Dohja!) and got very lucky when 6-linked chest dropped and now im rockingandrolling like they aint tomorrow. Only looking for some minor adjustments on gear and then im golden. Thanks Sovyn for all the info!

You're welcome, Wolferlmm!

I was self found for a long time. I think the master crafting is a godsend for those that still are. :) You can take a piece of gear that drops that is missing a key feature and make it work pretty well now.

A 6-link is a very lucky drop! Almost two years of play and I have only ever seen one, solo or group. Luckily I got the one I did see drop.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info