[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

Heh, well, I couldn't stay away :)

I found this useful ring in a 75 map.

With this set of gear, I get 5516 health at level 81 :)

Last edited by K0rrupted on Oct 22, 2014, 8:42:14 AM
"
K0rrupted wrote:
Heh, well, I couldn't stay away :)

I found this useful ring in a 75 map.

Nice ring sir!
Looking for some Templar love as an advice on master crafting stuff. I got this atm
and looking to upgrade it a bit as damage vice. Can i remove the crafted add psy damage mod and replace it with 60-79% Increased Physical Damage? I dont have Vagan at level 8 to remove but is it possible in theory?
"
Wolferlmm wrote:
Looking for some Templar love as an advice on master crafting stuff. I got this atm
and looking to upgrade it a bit as damage vice. Can i remove the crafted add psy damage mod and replace it with 60-79% Increased Physical Damage? I dont have Vagan at level 8 to remove but is it possible in theory?

That's it for that weapon I'm afraid my friend. You have three prefixes which is the limit, the % physical, hybrid % physical + accuracy, and the flat physical you added.

I'd guess the weapon would carry you through most maps as-is. May not be as fast as a 350+ pdps weapon, but it's good.
Thanks for the info. Better one will drop later or never.. gotta keep on trying and lvl up the masters as i go. Take care!
Liking Herald of Ash so far, it does get everything burning, but not for a lot of damage obviously since we are basic non-crit 1H. More in the "can't hurt" category. Have not regretted out of Sovereignty to pop the four points into dps nodes for comparison yet, but it's on the to-do list.
Hi Mr. Sovyn! Just gotta say that I love your guide. I went looking for a nice, noob-friendly guide when I started playing a few months ago, and thus far yours has yet to serve me wrong and is quite fun to play. I'm level 75 now and I play with a roommate who plays as a summoner witch, and it is hilarious how I can stand in the center of giant crowds and face-tank most bosses while he gets randomly one-shot by your standard mob all the time (his build is kinda terrible since he invested everything into damage but no survivability, but I'm doing my best to help him fix that problem using guidance from your guide).

My gear:
Spoiler

But, I need additional advice. First, when I was in my mid 40s, I found my first exalt and managed to buy the anvil, rathpith, and rainbowstride with it (everything else above was self-found, including that beauty of a claw), along with a five-slot belly of the beast that I have been trying to turn into a five link for a while now (probably downed 60-70 fuse orbs on it). Now, once I get my belly to it's proper form, I was thinking of regretting out of the two life/flask nodes on the bottom-right of the tree, along with the two life/chaos resist in the top-left, and using those four to invest in the four aura nodes so I can run herald of ash along with grace and hatred. I think with the belly, the -27% is more than covered (my belly is +33%), as is the flask recharge rate (I run bubbling flasks since the belly makes them take only 1.5 seconds to heal the full amount). Chaos resist is the only thing I'm missing, but I figure I can just get that elsewhere, since I only need about 60% more resists to hit cap with each resist, and that is easily covered with two tri-res/three dual-res rings/belt/armor pieces, leaving a piece to focus on chaos. I also managed to get my hands on an atziri's promise flask, so I can use that for the resists and extra damage (herald of ash, added fire damage, and hatred damage is boosted by the 15%)

Do you think that is a good idea, or should I forget all of that and just get a good roll astral plate and regret into the health nodes and ignore herald of ash completely?
Last edited by Zata700 on Nov 3, 2014, 3:31:49 PM
"
Zata700 wrote:

But, I need additional advice.

Now, once I get my belly to it's proper form, I was thinking of regretting out of the two life/flask nodes on the bottom-right of the tree, along with the two life/chaos resist in the top-left, and using those four to invest in the four aura nodes so I can run herald of ash along with grace and hatred.

I think adding herald of ash is only doable with a level 20 reduced mana. It will be a while until yours levels to 20. In the meanwhile I would keep the life nodes. I did not spec into the aura nodes until my 90s and even then I'm not sure I'll keep them as the main benefit from herald of ash is just the 15% of phys damage as fire, and as you know fire is resisted a bit more often than physical. So I'm still thinking some ordinary damage nodes (per the guide build) are a good choice. It's an experiment, not something I'm advocating yet.
Ah, okay. Thanks for the input!

By the way, do you know how much I'm looking to spend to buy a 350+ dps claw? The one I have is 290-something (and it dropped less than 24 hours after I broke my second exalt to buy a 250dps weapon...).
Last edited by Zata700 on Nov 3, 2014, 8:05:26 PM
"
Zata700 wrote:
Ah, okay. Thanks for the input!

By the way, do you know how much I'm looking to spend to buy a 350+ dps claw? The one I have is 290-something (and it dropped less than 24 hours after I broke my second exalt to buy a 250dps weapon...).

If you don't get creative, 30 ex and up. I recommend looking for something with strong mods that has space for a master mod to make it 'great.' That's what I did. Any build has a certain cost of entry if you want the 'best' gear for it. :) At least we don't need level 4 empower, for example.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info