[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

Personal note - my gems are starting to level to 20 (only took a year or so, serves me right for testing so many different gems). :)

Since I have three level 20 faster attacks support gems now, this gets the honor of being the first to roll to 1/20q with the 1gcp vendor recipe.

level 20 gem + 1 gemcutter's prism = level 1 20 quality gem in return, for those unaware. A lot more affordable than hitting it with 20 gcp, that's for sure. Patience required, however, to level the gems up twice.
Sovyn thanks to this wonderful guide, I also like to solo and melee. When soloing you can go out alone without worrying about party members. I still have a question, did you try to solo Atziri and how did you perform?
tnx again
"
Nashezbaernon wrote:
Sovyn thanks to this wonderful guide, I also like to solo and melee. When soloing you can go out alone without worrying about party members. I still have a question, did you try to solo Atziri and how did you perform?
tnx again

Hi Nashezbaernon! I have done every map including the lvl 78 bosses, but have not tried Atziri. Not for fear, just for lack of time to sit down and do a serious 2-hour first attempt. Atziri is still relatively new content as far as I'm concerned, I tend not to be in a rush (understatement). I'm sure the build can handle it, especially with my current gear, with 78/76 block (regular/spell), + ~5k life and 30/60 evasion or so (regular/projectile). If so, it would be one of the cheaper builds capable of doing Atziri. Sure, some builds claim to be cheap but there is always a catch for endgame boss-killing capability like needing a lvl 21 gem which can realistically cost ya 50ex right there.
"
Sovyn wrote:
Personal note - my gems are starting to level to 20 (only took a year or so, serves me right for testing so many different gems). :)

Since I have three level 20 faster attacks support gems now, this gets the honor of being the first to roll to 1/20q with the 1gcp vendor recipe.

level 20 gem + 1 gemcutter's prism = level 1 20 quality gem in return, for those unaware. A lot more affordable than hitting it with 20 gcp, that's for sure. Patience required, however, to level the gems up twice.

It's bizarre how quickly it accelerates when you socket that lvl 1 gem and hit a map. I tried a few 66's first in case my DPS was godawful, but it wasn't nearly as bad as I suspected it might be as long as you don't try to do all gems at once.

I traded my reave/conc effect/multistrike about a month ago and they're back up to 17-18 now.
"
Saviourself wrote:

I traded my reave/conc effect/multistrike about a month ago and they're back up to 17-18 now.

I found it worthwhile to buy an 18 quality conc effect for a low cost and I just hit that with 2 more gcp as a bit of a shortcut. :) The only gem I'm using that is not entirely self-found..... Worthwhile for the 6-link combo, but this was before the mana cost of skills was reduced (in 1.2? don't remember exactly). Probably not as big of a deal now.
Today I updated my current gear / tree / stats section. TL;DR More damage, more life.
Hey Sovyn, I've been following this build ever since I've starting playing POE and I'm pretty happy with the results so far. Level 83 in standard and I'm doing a good amount of the lower lvl 70 maps with no problems, haven't got my hand on any of the bigger ones yet. I do around 12k DPS after some recent changed, but I think I've hit a bit of a wall, especially when it comes to survivability. I know I need more life (only got about 3800) and more energy shield (only about 180), but here's my gear I have so far. I'm using cleave since the axe is my most powerful weapon by far. Any tips to help a fellow lazy pally out? Thanks.

"
Kojack37 wrote:
Hey Sovyn, I've been following this build ever since I've starting playing POE and I'm pretty happy with the results so far. Level 83 in standard and I'm doing a good amount of the lower lvl 70 maps with no problems, haven't got my hand on any of the bigger ones yet. I do around 12k DPS after some recent changed, but I think I've hit a bit of a wall, especially when it comes to survivability.

Hi Kojack, I think you are pretty close -- just need some chaos resist (-20 in merciless is a good target) and a little more life. I have a bit higher spell block, that's an avenue you could consider as it's not expensive to try.

Don't forget you can buy a solid item without life and craft a mid-tier life roll on there with masters, no need to make do without life on items anymore. :) Have to be careful with shopping and check the spreadsheet to make sure it has an open prefix.
"
Sovyn wrote:

Hi Kojack, I think you are pretty close -- just need some chaos resist (-20 in merciless is a good target) and a little more life. I have a bit higher spell block, that's an avenue you could consider as it's not expensive to try.

Don't forget you can buy a solid item without life and craft a mid-tier life roll on there with masters, no need to make do without life on items anymore. :) Have to be careful with shopping and check the spreadsheet to make sure it has an open prefix.

Hey Sovyn, thanks for the reply. Chaos resistance is something I've been having trouble finding, I'll just have to keep looking. I have an anvil amulet also, but I like the stone of lazhuar for the spell block, which is 65%. Hoping I can find the same shield you are using, that looks like a nice one once I get my INT up.

I haven't really gotten indepth in crafting, but I think it's time now. THanks for the info, will get that life up. I'm just trying to get my main gems to 20% quality right now and I should see some big difference. Goal is to hit that 14k DPS.
"
Kojack37 wrote:
I have an anvil amulet also, but I like the stone of lazhuar for the spell block, which is 65%. Hoping I can find the same shield you are using, that looks like a nice one once I get my INT up.

Easier to find the 20-30 chaos and just buy the shield, but I understand if you want to stay self-found exclusively. The rathpith drops from level 74+ monsters in maps. This shield is the only reason I'm using Anvil, I think they make a good combo.

Yes, chaos is rarer than the other resistances. We do get 12% from the tree. You can probably trade for a ring with a little bit on it (20 perhaps). Or, you can roll one with alts and then regal (regals are somewhat common after you get to the high maps due to the vendor recipe) and add a fourth mod with the master. A 4-mod targeted stat ring is not too bad. I'd only suggest that method for the most dyed in the wool self found. Trading with others is cheaper! :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info