[2.5 Video Guide] Beginner's Build: Dual Flame Totem, Blood Magic Chieftain [Atziri & HC/SC Viable]

Hello! just a Quick question from a new poe player:
In the gems section, if theres no specified level of the gems, is it safe to assume that they are max level?
"
Berghagen77 wrote:
Hello! just a Quick question from a new poe player:
In the gems section, if theres no specified level of the gems, is it safe to assume that they are max level?

From my understanding those gems should be maxed unless your stats cannot support it with great effort (thus any red gems should be easily maxed, in this build you should probably only have difficulties with green ones)
Underrated stats: Basic human decency, small quantum of respect, microportion of compassion
Has this thread been abandoned by the original poster (Lifting)?
Underrated stats: Basic human decency, small quantum of respect, microportion of compassion
hi, i will go start one totem build, this build is viable to end game? shaper and guardians?

thanks. (sc)
Last edited by OzzyBurn on Nov 11, 2016, 9:19:30 AM
"
OzzyBurn wrote:
hi, i will go start one totem build, this build is viable to end game? shaper and guardians?

thanks. (sc)

no.

to anyone following this build and expecting to cheese everything, gl with taking down end game content with sub 50k dps

edit:
nvm seems like 50k is some serious overestimation. his proposed tree is interestingly inefficient.
try this tree instead: poeurl.com/P7m
dual wield wand with high cast speed, spell damage, and ideally projectile speed.
6L flame totem or incinerate totem
Gem setup
Flame Totem - Controlled Destruction - Elemental Focus - Fire Penetration - Faster Casting - Empower/Pierce
or
Incinerate - Spell Totem - Controlled Destruction - Elemental Focus - Fire Penetration - Faster Casting (a Rain of Splinters will be required for incinerate)
there is no need to run arctic armour. as a totem summoner, you are never supposed to stand still so the damage reduction part is plain useless. chilled ground is only useful when melee mobs are chasing you down, but if you pick up the totem taunt ascendancy (instead of the fucking endurance charge one lmao) you will never need to worry about that once you have put down your totems.
basically AA = giving away 12.5% of your life for nothing.

use orb of storms to proc elemental overload. i have no clue why he'd not utilize EO on a non-crit build

My crit flame totem
Hideout DPS

DPS buffed with 4 power charges and onslaught

Crit flame totem vs Uber Atziri
Last edited by joeshinつ on Nov 13, 2016, 12:43:50 PM
I feel so insanely squishy when dual wielding sceptre/wands though, just under 5k hp at 78, but without a shield, I sit at 2.2k armor, with the shield though, 5.3k

I may go for a Vision and 5L it instead of Mantle, it just doesn't feel safe enough right now.

"

With a slightly different tree you can also run RF with a +3 gems bow. If you're lucky, you can also get projectile speed, which really helps your clearspeed. One benefit of using a +3 gem bow that isn't normally talked about is a significant increase to your totem health, which increases your real DPS since your totems die less often. I got about 70k DPS per totem with RF up in hideout. If you use EO you can push it up to over 100k, though I don't have it since I'm really stretched on points and you don't need it during general mapping anyway. You should be able to begin using RF somewhere in the low 80s.

I was able to kill guardians and Uber Atziri with this build, though I found my DPS was lacking for The Shaper so I respecced to Blade Vortex. Gameplay with this build was pretty comfy since I could do all map mods and I had a large amount of health.

What is your current gear like? I don't have the respecs to do much in my tree so I'll stick with it, but does the +3 bow benefit more than 2 decent sceptres? I'm on a HC char and feel a bit unsafe and still need to get my last 2 ascendancies. What would you recommend for someone in my position?

Current gear:

Last edited by Zietlogik on Nov 15, 2016, 11:24:59 AM
"

use orb of storms to proc elemental overload. i have no clue why he'd not utilize EO on a non-crit build

Hey can I ask you a newbie question about that? I'd be interested in trying youre version with EO, but ... how does that work? I thought since Totems can't proc EO, you need to cast yourself, but with that Ancestral Bond keystone, you can't do damage yourself -- so how does it work?

Thank you
"
onomastikon wrote:
"

Hey can I ask you a newbie question about that? I'd be interested in trying youre version with EO, but ... how does that work? I thought since Totems can't proc EO, you need to cast yourself, but with that Ancestral Bond keystone, you can't do damage yourself -- so how does it work?

Thank you

It is correct that totems will not proc elemental overload, however, EO can still be triggered by YOU. What I would suggest is to link increased critical strikes to an orb of storms or some other spells that can crit, use it every now and then just to proc EO.
Your flame totems will do 40% more damage when EO is active.
came too lvl 74 on hardcore and tier 4 maps without any problem before i went and suicided on malachai, easy build too learn defenetly a good starter build! i suggest firestorm while lvling before u get the 2 totem node!
"
"
onomastikon wrote:
"

Thank you

It is correct that totems will not proc elemental overload, however, EO can still be triggered by YOU. What I would suggest is to link increased critical strikes to an orb of storms or some other spells that can crit, use it every now and then just to proc EO.
Your flame totems will do 40% more damage when EO is active.

Thanks man, just to make sure I'm getting it right: are you saying that Ancestral Bond will NOT prevent me from casting spells to crit? I though that it would, because I can no longer cause non-totem damage?
Thanks for replying

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info