[2.5 Video Guide] Beginner's Build: Dual Flame Totem, Blood Magic Chieftain [Atziri & HC/SC Viable]

"
Kodiak97 wrote:
Ok cool, also why in your crit totem set up do you run controlled destruction? Doesn't it have only a 5% crit permanently with CD?

Not sure what you mean by that.
Yes I do lose 6.9% crit chance because of it (the base crit of flame totem got raised from 5% to 6.9% by Increased Critical Strikes gem) but I also gain 44% MORE damage. The damage modifier just completely outweighs the crit chance penalty.
Last edited by joeshinつ on Nov 20, 2016, 2:12:43 PM
"
"
gargantua0 wrote:
working fine (i'm stuck du t8 map, cause i don't have higher yet, but it's easyly done).

DPS per totem?

It's about 11,5k per totem.
Not much, so i think i will stuck at t11/t12 map when i can find some of it.
So when i look at your screenshot, i got some star in the eyes !

But the survivability is really good for my current map level.
Got full resist, 9k armour, 5,5k hp.

i guess i will continu to farm until i can get my 6L mantle, and i need to do the final lab.
Thanks for the build man! I'm very new and about to give this a go.

Are there any tips for levelling this build? Just a grind until you unlock the ability to have the two totems? (Am playing HC).

Thanks!
Could this build be used with spell totem + Scorching ray ?
I was wondering how you suggest keeping your int and dex high enough to use the items? The build's working really well for me so far, but I'm running into big int and bigger dex requirement roadblocks. Do I just not level up my dex gems?

(I'm currently level 79, and am unable to level Chain and GMP past 10, or Vaal Haste past 6)
"
"
OzzyBurn wrote:
hi, i will go start one totem build, this build is viable to end game? shaper and guardians?

thanks. (sc)

no.

to anyone following this build and expecting to cheese everything, gl with taking down end game content with sub 50k dps

edit:
nvm seems like 50k is some serious overestimation. his proposed tree is interestingly inefficient.
try this tree instead: poeurl.com/P7m
dual wield wand with high cast speed, spell damage, and ideally projectile speed.
6L flame totem or incinerate totem
Gem setup
Flame Totem - Controlled Destruction - Elemental Focus - Fire Penetration - Faster Casting - Empower/Pierce
or
Incinerate - Spell Totem - Controlled Destruction - Elemental Focus - Fire Penetration - Faster Casting (a Rain of Splinters will be required for incinerate)
there is no need to run arctic armour. as a totem summoner, you are never supposed to stand still so the damage reduction part is plain useless. chilled ground is only useful when melee mobs are chasing you down, but if you pick up the totem taunt ascendancy (instead of the fucking endurance charge one lmao) you will never need to worry about that once you have put down your totems.
basically AA = giving away 12.5% of your life for nothing.

use orb of storms to proc elemental overload. i have no clue why he'd not utilize EO on a non-crit build

My crit flame totem
Hideout DPS

DPS buffed with 4 power charges and onslaught

Crit flame totem vs Uber Atziri

Thx man for your post!I started this build without crit, tried everything (wands,doon sceptres,wand-shield, everything) but without crit, this build wont last higher then t10-t11.Atm im doin t14maps, with the staff-kaoms heart combo and the only problem what i have is the mobility.Sometimes im stucking in the middle of the fight if some really fast mob rush at me.And one more question, how da hell do u have so much dps? :D Can u pls check my profile for some advice?I would appreciate it.Thx!

And for quantumjump:when i went with that build what u try now, i used amulet with dex or used jewels with dex.I had even one dex node (+30dex) on the tree.U cant afford so much dexterity otherwise...
Last edited by slicchabib on Nov 27, 2016, 5:23:10 AM
"
slicchabib wrote:
Thx man for your post!I started this build without crit, tried everything (wands,doon sceptres,wand-shield, everything) but without crit, this build wont last higher then t10-t11.Atm im doin t14maps, with the staff-kaoms heart combo and the only problem what i have is the mobility.Sometimes im stucking in the middle of the fight if some really fast mob rush at me.And one more question, how da hell do u have so much dps? :D Can u pls check my profile for some advice?I would appreciate it.Thx!

You are welcome :)

Looks like your tooltip per totem with 4 power charges is around 59k?
  • Pick up the staff crit nodes next to Avatar of Fire. Expect 59k -> 68k.
  • Believe it or not, using a 20/20 Controlled Destruction instead of lv3 Empower will give you more DPS. Expect 59k -> 66k (without picking up the staff crit nodes I mentioned in the first point).
  • Run a silver flask. Onslaught is nice. Expect 59k -> 65k.
  • If you did follow my three suggestions above, you should be getting 85k dps per totem with 4 power charges and onslaught.

"
slicchabib wrote:
And for quantumjump:when i went with that build what u try now, i used amulet with dex or used jewels with dex.I had even one dex node (+30dex) on the tree.U cant afford so much dexterity otherwise...

To run a high level Vaal haste is the only reason to get more dexterity that I can think of. Yes Vaal Haste is nice, but I am just too lazy to adjust my gears. Go ahead and squeeze some dexterity for a Vaal Haste if you want to get some extra damage.
First:Thx for your help!

Second:Unfortunately my ingame dps is just 49k with power charges.I dont know if ingame dps is correct.If i get the staff-crit node i have 51k dps and if i change from empower to controlled destruction then i have 59k ingame dps.Its already much better then before but still lower what u calculated.Or tooltip dps and ingame dps is not the same?Sorry im still newbie in poe, i was a "hardcore" diablo fan before poe, i started poe 2-3 months ago.
Let's face it, for Crit FT, the Templar is a far better choice. I have played an Inquisitor a while back (with Three Dragons and light to spell dmg on daggers for good measure), it is way superior to this build. Fully buffed the tooltip DPS was around 125k per totem and thanks to the Inquisitor ascendancy crit strikes completely ignore monster resistances. Freeze, shock, shatter... helluva build. ;)

I did play this build after the original build guide (as a Witch, before Ascendancy) and while it is always a good choice for a budget friendly toon to start a new league it does have it's limitations when it comes to endgame content, even "upgrading" to Incinerate Totems helped very little in the end. :(
Last edited by tomay on Nov 28, 2016, 11:14:34 AM
"
tomay wrote:
Let's face it, for Crit FT, the Templar is a far better choice. I have played an Inquisitor a while back (with Three Dragons and light to spell dmg on daggers for good measure), it is way superior to this build. Fully buffed the tooltip DPS was around 125k per totem and thanks to the Inquisitor ascendancy crit strikes completely ignore monster resistances. Freeze, shock, shatter... helluva build. ;)

I did play this build after the original build guide (as a Witch, before Ascendancy) and while it is always a good choice for a budget friendly toon to start a new league it does have it's limitations when it comes to endgame content, even "upgrading" to Incinerate Totems helped very little in the end. :(

If i know that 2 months ago i make a templar for sure. :) But dunno why, i found this build first.As i read about his crit build i saw that he mentioned that the 4 guardians are still beatable.It was enough for me. :) Doesnt matter, the league is already over.Next time i will make an ancestral warchief but until that happen i want to play with this marauder on higher lvl.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info