[2.5 Video Guide] Beginner's Build: Dual Flame Totem, Blood Magic Chieftain [Atziri & HC/SC Viable]

Build Viable on patch 2.4.2 ?
"
onomastikon wrote:
Thanks man, just to make sure I'm getting it right: are you saying that Ancestral Bond will NOT prevent me from casting spells to crit? I though that it would, because I can no longer cause non-totem damage?
Thanks for replying

You are welcome and you can still crit while doing no damage with AB allocated.
"
c00llph0ne wrote:
Build Viable on patch 2.4.2 ?

Yes as far as I can tell. Playing it now. However some of the
CWDT skilld will no longer trigger. Summon Skeletons and
Summon Fire Golem for certain.
Just dropped this baby

Would it work for this build with a good staff ?
I think i saw a staff few page back, with + x projectile.

can"t afort 6l infernal mantle atm (well, i'm closer now with this loot, it's sold around 1,5 exalt).

By current items

working fine (i'm stuck du t8 map, cause i don't have higher yet, but it's easyly done).
"

to anyone following this build and expecting to cheese everything, gl with taking down end game content with sub 50k dps

edit:
nvm seems like 50k is some serious overestimation. his proposed tree is interestingly inefficient.
try this tree instead: poeurl.com/P7m
dual wield wand with high cast speed, spell damage, and ideally projectile speed.
6L flame totem or incinerate totem
there is no need to run arctic armour. as a totem summoner, you are never supposed to stand still so the damage reduction part is plain useless. chilled ground is only useful when melee mobs are chasing you down, but if you pick up the totem taunt ascendancy (instead of the fucking endurance charge one lmao) you will never need to worry about that once you have put down your totems.
basically AA = giving away 12.5% of your life for nothing.

use orb of storms to proc elemental overload. i have no clue why he'd not utilize EO on a non-crit build

How about making a new build guide ?

dup post. ignore pls
Last edited by joeshinつ on Nov 19, 2016, 6:01:49 PM
"
gargantua0 wrote:
working fine (i'm stuck du t8 map, cause i don't have higher yet, but it's easyly done).

DPS per totem?

"
gargantua0 wrote:

How about making a new build guide ?

Writing a guide is too much effort.

Check my build showcase thread if you are really interested in what I am playing - and sadly it is different from the non-crit version I previously suggested.
It's not a guide but you can see my character setup there.
"
"
onomastikon wrote:
"

use orb of storms to proc elemental overload. i have no clue why he'd not utilize EO on a non-crit build

Hey can I ask you a newbie question about that? I'd be interested in trying youre version with EO, but ... how does that work? I thought since Totems can't proc EO, you need to cast yourself, but with that Ancestral Bond keystone, you can't do damage yourself -- so how does it work?

Thank you

It is correct that totems will not proc elemental overload, however, EO can still be triggered by YOU. What I would suggest is to link increased critical strikes to an orb of storms or some other spells that can crit, use it every now and then just to proc EO.
Your flame totems will do 40% more damage when EO is active.

Have you ever tried Righteous fire totems? Was wondering if you thought dual flame totems or RF totems were superior for higher tier maps?
"
Kodiak97 wrote:
Have you ever tried Righteous fire totems? Was wondering if you thought dual flame totems or RF totems were superior for higher tier maps?

Yes I have. Damage is ok but the overall gameplay is simply unbearable.
  • Monsters have no reason to stay next to your totem and will run straight towards you every single time. I tried to run decoy totem along with RF totem by placing two totems together but it was nowhere near reliable.
  • Damage from multiple RF totems do not stack so you are always doing damage with one totem only regardless if you take Ancestral Bonds or not.

Maybe someone has got RF totems to work nicely (by nicely I mean clearing maps without feeling like scraping their hair off) but sorry I am not that person.
"
"
Kodiak97 wrote:

Yes I have. Damage is ok but the overall gameplay is simply unbearable.
  • Monsters have no reason to stay next to your totem and will run straight towards you every single time. I tried to run decoy totem along with RF totem by placing two totems together but it was nowhere near reliable.
  • Damage from multiple RF totems do not stack so you are always doing damage with one totem only regardless if you take Ancestral Bonds or not.

Maybe someone has got RF totems to work nicely (by nicely I mean clearing maps without feeling like scraping their hair off) but sorry I am not that person.

Ok cool, also why in your crit totem set up do you run controlled destruction? Doesn't it have only a 5% crit permanently with CD?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info