[2.5 Video Guide] Beginner's Build: Dual Flame Totem, Blood Magic Chieftain [Atziri & HC/SC Viable]

As a note about jewels, if you're looking for damage, these are what you want.

[P] (12-16)% increased Totem Damage
[P] (14-16)% increased Spell Damage while holding a Shield
[P] (14-16)% increased Fire Damage
[S] (10-12)% increased Spell Damage
[S] (8-10)% increased Damage

So the highest possible combo on a rare gem is maxed rolls is 2 of either totem dmg/spell dmg with shield/fire damage, and then spell dmg + damage. So that's 54% maximum increase on a jewel, which is like an okay clear mind. Although it's unlikely you'll find one with all 4 that is cheap.
Also a word about helmet enchants.
There's 3 possible types of enchantment we can get (merc/uber):

1) 25/40% increased Flame Totem damage
2) 20/30% increased Flame Totem Projectile Speed
3) 1/2 additional Flame Totem Projectiles

The first is the only one that actually increases FTs damage. This will also increase your damage against single targets, like bosses.

for 2) and 3) it's important to know, that FT cannot "shotgun", one cast of 3-5 projectiles can only ever hit the same monster once. So, placing the totem close to a boss, to try and make as many projectiles hit him as possible, doesn't work.

Both of the latter enchantments however will increase your clearspeed. 2) will increases FTs range (projectiles have a "time to live" rather than a radius, they will now fly faster, thus farther, before they die. And 3) will add projectiles making them spray in a wider angle, also directly increasing area coverage.
Last edited by Cr4v3n on Oct 22, 2016, 3:37:58 AM
Yeah. But I honestly find it not worth it for getting the enchantment. Helmet enchantments are just too uncommon with the 1/100 chance or around that to roughly get something actually effecting your skill, and it requires completing the lab. And if just looking for one specific enchantment, like the flame totem damage, the like 1/300 chance. Trying to buy one doesn't end up with much luck, as they are usually very expensive or very bad, most of them being intelligence and few being armour, and even if armour they have shitty roles or just bad modifiers. Because nobody enchants armour based whites and any armour based unique they mass enchant is usually with a downside like Abyssus Ezomyte Burgonet.
"Not worth getting" and "too uncommon to hit the right enchantment" isn't the same. You're not wrong of course, there's 379 helmet enchantments per tier. So I bought a +2 projectiles Devoto's for 20 chaos. I feel that the 40% damage enchant doesn't make a huge difference, but the projectiles really help when clearing maps.

Tried them both:
Quick Question, Lifting, this may have been asked before...

Why not take Tukohama (instead of, say, Ramako)?

Fire immunity for the totems will make reflect maps easy and "Taunt on Hit" seems perfect for boss fights. Turns them into Decoy Totems, so to speak,
I finally got a 6 link inferno mantle and was wondering if I should use the empower gem lvl 2 or fire penetration lvl 20 and 20 quality.

So this is fun, it will cost you 1/4 of your dps, but you get 4 extra projectiles that are not
included in your dps. (it wil probably be better if i get it 6 linked with empower)
You also loose some defence from your shield, but then it is fun... big groups of mobs melt away like chocolat, the only negative is that your dps is 1/4 lower you will notice that with boss fights,
for the rest its fun to play with this item...

If you run in to this item.. try it and enjou...

"
Sheahay wrote:
I finally got a 6 link inferno mantle and was wondering if I should use the empower gem lvl 2 or fire penetration lvl 20 and 20 quality.

I think you always should use the fire penetration and dump iron will out of it...

I also thought i didn't need fire penetration until i started using it, it kills them way faster.
even if they don't have fire resistance you still get extra damage from that gem, its just not calculated in your dps...

I think empower will give more dps then any other gem that roughly gives you 40% extra damage course it brings your totem damage up 2 or even 3 levels before they start calculating the 40% damage in to it. I think its totem damage * bonusses looking flatly at it...

20 dps 122 to 183
21 dps 136 to 203
22 dps 150 to 225
23 dps 166 to 249
24 dps 184 to 276

( pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Flame_Totem )

an other gem gives you roughly like 40%, if you already have 200 (normal 100 + 100 from infernal mantle) you go from 200 to 240...

if you have 40% totem lv 21 : 136+203/2 is 170*240% = 406 dps
if you have emp totem lv 23 : 166+249/2 is 207 * 200 = 415 dps

This is calculated with 200% damage, you have from your inferno mantla already 100% fire damage,
that brings you on 200% damage, with your other bonusses your way over that so the empower vs 40%
makes it clear empower is the better investment corrupt it and its even better if your lucky...

Last edited by leeloo on Oct 25, 2016, 11:49:44 AM
"
Sheahay wrote:

an other gem gives you roughly like 40%, if you already have 200 (normal 100 + 100 from infernal mantle) you go from 200 to 240...

if you have 40% totem lv 21 : 136+203/2 is 170*240% = 406 dps
if you have emp totem lv 23 : 166+249/2 is 207 * 200 = 415 dps

This is calculated with 200% damage, you have from your inferno mantla already 100% fire damage,
that brings you on 200% damage, with your other bonusses your way over that so the empower vs 40%
makes it clear empower is the better investment corrupt it and its even better if your lucky...

You dont get 100% from the mantle, the modifiers are

(3 to 10)% increased Spell Damage
+1 to Level of Socketed Fire Gems
(25 to 35)% increased Fire Damage
100% increased Global Critical Strike Chance
(190 to 230)% increased Energy Shield
15% of Fire Damage Converted to Chaos Damage
100% increased Spell Damage taken when on Low Mana <-A player takes increased spell damage when on low mana while wearing the Infernal Mantle and you have no mana also no damage taken.
Last edited by TinyDragon on Oct 26, 2016, 6:58:13 AM
Looking at the mantle always makes me wonder if it's really best for us. Damage wise it might be, +1 fire gems and 35% increased fire damage is nice (plus the conversion to chaos). But only 2 gems in a 6 link setup benefit from this, Flame Totem, and Fire Penetration. Lioneye's Vision has (up to) 1600 armour, 100 life, and level 15 Pierce Support (=17% more damage).
Last edited by Cr4v3n on Oct 26, 2016, 2:07:49 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info