[2.5 Video Guide] Beginner's Build: Dual Flame Totem, Blood Magic Chieftain [Atziri & HC/SC Viable]

I have a question: Do I need a Wand with # to # Fire Damage to Spells or it can be lightning damage to spells? thanks
"
MarceloMacedo wrote:
I have a question: Do I need a Wand with # to # Fire Damage to Spells or it can be lightning damage to spells? thanks

I'm fairly sure lightning damage to spells does nothing in this build.
This has been a great guide. First character I have had that has finished Merciless, currently level 79. It is amazing how people that know what they are doing can put builds together where everything fits together. Thanks!

The one change I have made to the build is putting in searing totem (additional burning and elemental focus) instead of vaal haste (additional duration) and arctic armour in the build description. I didn't have a vaal haste when I set it up, and didn't want to lose the life from arctic armour on reserve. The searing totem has seemed really useful to do extra damage, to actually put damage where I want it, and to kill off stragglers attacking me when my flame totems are shooting something else. It seems to be a good idea, but I am wondering if this is some kind of mistake as I move through the end game (just starting yellow maps now).

Comments welcome.
"
captdrain wrote:
"
MarceloMacedo wrote:

I'm fairly sure lightning damage to spells does nothing in this build.

It adds to the damage just like cold or fire damage, as long as it's "added to spells". However, it doesn't scale as much as fire damage from our passives. If you need a wand to start out any # damage is okay, but eventually you'll want # fire damage.
"
Bwandir wrote:
The one change I have made to the build is putting in searing totem (additional burning and elemental focus) instead of vaal haste (additional duration) and arctic armour in the build description.

Arctic Armour is huge in many boss fights or when running vulnerability mod, or maps with high damage flame sentinels, and pretty much mandatory if you want to run uber lab more than just once for the points. I suggest fitting it in your setup somewhere. I use an Essence Worm Unset Ring for this.
"
Cr4v3n wrote:
"
Bwandir wrote:
The one change I have made to the build is putting in searing totem (additional burning and elemental focus) instead of vaal haste (additional duration) and arctic armour in the build description.

Arctic Armour is huge in many boss fights or when running vulnerability mod, or maps with high damage flame sentinels, and pretty much mandatory if you want to run uber lab more than just once for the points. I suggest fitting it in your setup somewhere. I use an Essence Worm Unset Ring for this.

OK thanks. I'll try and trade for an Essence Worm - get the one buff without losing any life.
Last edited by Bwandir on Oct 19, 2016, 7:06:20 PM
Half way to 85 now on EHC, the build works great.

How do I increase my DPS more? I'm at about 11.5k per totem right now (running fire pen instead of iron will), with a level 20 corrupted flame totem. Working on leveling my original flame totem gem to 20, hopefully get +1 from vaal orb, but chances are, not gonna happen. I'm using a 5L infernal. Should I try and go for a 6L?
"We believe - so we're misled, we assume - so we're played, we confide - so we're deceived, we trust - so we're betrayed"
double post
"We believe - so we're misled, we assume - so we're played, we confide - so we're deceived, we trust - so we're betrayed"
Last edited by silidons on Oct 21, 2016, 7:43:40 AM
Hey guys I am wondering wich gems are you using? I'm lvl 77 doing t7 maps easily with 11k dmg. Is fevered cobalt jewel good?
"
silidons wrote:
Half way to 85 now on EHC, the build works great.

How do I increase my DPS more? I'm at about 11.5k per totem right now (running fire pen instead of iron will), with a level 20 corrupted flame totem. Working on leveling my original flame totem gem to 20, hopefully get +1 from vaal orb, but chances are, not gonna happen. I'm using a 5L infernal. Should I try and go for a 6L?

A level 21 Flame Totem might help, but a 6th link will improve dps a lot. Though, this build as it is, will only go so far. 18k (20k when running Anger) is pretty much the cap, for 1h/shield. If you want more you'll need to go for 3+ fire gem gear (staff, bow) and use Empower.

"
MarceloMacedo wrote:
Hey guys I am wondering wich gems are you using? I'm lvl 77 doing t7 maps easily with 11k dmg. Is fevered cobalt jewel good?

You mean jewels, not gems? Look for %life, and then what you need to cap resists (hard cap is 169%) or reach dex/int requirements. If you're all set with these, look for damage mods, like spell/fire damage, or spell damage while wielding shield etc. We don't crit a lot, so %crit/multi doesn't do a lot for us.

---

On a personal note. I've never really reached end game with any build before, let alone late end game. Pre Atlas I never even touched a Tier 14 map, and only occasionally played a Tier 13. Today I went into a (white) Minotaur map, and managed to chew at his health bar for like 15 minutes, and actually took him down. Couldn't reliably repeat that though, I used 5 portals.

I'm not gonna try the others, as the Minotaur is said to be by far the easiest. So I'll just leave it at that. But I'm kinda happy, that's a new peronal best. :o)
Last edited by Cr4v3n on Oct 21, 2016, 1:39:44 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info