[2.5 Video Guide] Beginner's Build: Dual Flame Totem, Blood Magic Chieftain [Atziri & HC/SC Viable]

"
leeloo wrote:
How do you link our item

Start writing a reply and then click on your character at the top.
Shift-click the item you want to link and close the character panel.
"
Cr4v3n wrote:
"
leeloo wrote:
How do you link our item

Start writing a reply and then click on your character at the top.
Shift-click the item you want to link and close the character panel.

Lets see....

Amazing... thank you....

I was wondering whats better a bow like that or my staff....
One last question -- in case I don't have a good wand, would a decent elemental sceptre also do the trick? (Which could also let us keep Leap Slam?) Thank you for your time
Underrated stats: Basic human decency, small quantum of respect, microportion of compassion
Doing a build roughly based on this, dual curse ele weak/flammability, big armor pool... atziri and uber lab down no sweat, doing t8 maps without even looking at mods. It's a winner. Thanks for the ideas!
"
onomastikon wrote:
One last question -- in case I don't have a good wand, would a decent elemental sceptre also do the trick? (Which could also let us keep Leap Slam?) Thank you for your time

Dual sceptres is what I'm currently using, working great. Wands can have waaay higher %increased fire spell damage, but for this, cast speed and flat damage are king, and Deafening Essence of Anguish's guaranteed T0 flat fire doesn't know the difference between wands and sceptres.

Took down atziri with these:
"
mephi6163 wrote:
I'm currently at Lvl 80 with this build and it's really an enjoyable playstyle. I really like it so far. The only thing that bothers me is Movement Speed. Mine is currently at -18. Mainly because of Winds of Change and Lioneye's Remorse. That's the only reason i got a Rotgut and a Quicksilver Flask in my build :D
Is there any way to counterbalance this disadvantage apart from specific Flasks?
Movement Speed on Boots are hardly an option because i need Resistances and Attributes on them.

This is one of the problems with the build, which I've also absolutely experienced. Whenever I group with friends I find myself lagging behind nearly any other build.

In my view, you are too quick to dismiss the movement speed on boots. Movement speed on boots is a MUST-HAVE. 25-30% is absolutely critical, especially for this build which, as you pointed out, is laden down with -MS. In my mind, clear speed is far more important than stats.

Resists-wise, I find that the build has an innately high resist already (you can easily pick up diamond skin near the Marauder starting area for just 1 pt. Insane value.) This gives you quite a bit of flexibility in gearing. My resists come from Helm/Ring/Belt/Boots slots. MS can ONLY come from boots so that's a priority stat selection for the boot slot. Get 1 or 2 resists on boots, get the rest from the other slots.

Other ways I've tried to get around the movement problem: 2 quicksilver flasks. Ample or Chemist prefixs will give you 3 uses of the flask. Great for movement between packs. Not so great when you're backtracking (you'll likely run dry fast). For backtracking and covering larger distances, I use a pair of Brightbeak in my weapon switch, with Leapslam-Faster Attack.

TLDR:
1. 25-30% movement speed on boots
2. Quicksilver flasks (Ample or Chemist), maybe 2
3. LeapSlam-FasterAttacks on Brightbeak in weapon switch
instead of going down to get devotion(the life node under the jewel socket near the ancestral bond), why not go up and get life with purity of flesh and get some extra chaos resist?
"
souljayd wrote:
instead of going down to get devotion(the life node under the jewel socket near the ancestral bond), why not go up and get life with purity of flesh and get some extra chaos resist?

To grab the Devotion cluster is 20% increased life and 30 strength(+15 flat health and 6% Iron Will damage) for 4 nodes- better value than the life wheel. If you're hurting from chaos, and can find the points, Purity of Flesh isn't bad. But definitely DON'T cut devotion for it, cut something else!
Is this still a viable late game build for current patch?

I am using it as my FIRST CHARACTER and am level 38, loving it so far!

Edit: I am also a little confused why a lot of the gear wants AOE increasing stuff when it seems my main damage is coming from Flame Totem which is NOT AOE.

Edit2: What should we do for skill tree jewels?
Last edited by CrimsonWoe on Oct 15, 2016, 1:08:07 AM
"
CrimsonWoe wrote:
Is this still a viable late game build for current patch?

I am using it as my FIRST CHARACTER and am level 38, loving it so far!

Edit: I am also a little confused why a lot of the gear wants AOE increasing stuff when it seems my main damage is coming from Flame Totem which is NOT AOE.

Edit2: What should we do for skill tree jewels?

What gear uses any AOE stats?
Maybe you mixed some threads up, looked at gear in the wrong thread?

For jewels you want one "Clear Mind", the rest is up to you, but recommended is %life + 2-3 damage mods, or projectile speed, which increases the range of Flame Totem (clear speed).

End game viability:
In the current version of this guide, remember this is meant to be affordable and easy to gear for a beginner, you can get at least into T13 maps. That's where I am with this build ATM, following the guide almost to the point (with a 5 link Infernal Mantle).

However, a few pages back someone posted a version using a +3 fire gem staff (empower lvl 4 as 6th link), and Belly of the Beast armour.

Also there's ppl using a 6 link +3 fire gem Crude Bow to shoot totems (not sure how that works) and a Rearguard, providing some defenses.

Both of the latter build versions are very expensive at their full potential, but deal a LOT more damage.
Last edited by Cr4v3n on Oct 15, 2016, 5:52:55 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info