[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

"
Mispleled wrote:
Hi Frankenberry,

Can I use Make_Way_Villainy as my guide for Legacy league ?
Or does that build needs some explaining before I can use it.

Thanks for your great support in this thread!

I played with these two items instead of Rat's Nest and Drillneck until lvl 95

Also I had a different passive setup that looked something like this:
http://poeurl.com/bjDe

I also used Vaal Burning Arrow instead of Barrage for a long time (VNA nukes bosses but Barrage has a bit more utility against some bosses).

I still use those items if I feel like playing a map or two.

The Drillneck and Rat's Nest Quiver + respecc was made for boss killing.

My current passive setup is a 100% glass canon made for having fun and farming Uber Atziri / Shaper / Guardians. You will most likely not make it past level with that specc but you will have a ton of fun and do a ton of dmg.

Besides that it's a fairly standard Doomfletch Prism setup. Just scale flat added phys on items besides your bow and you will do a ton of damage.

The main idea of the build is to make TS do a lot of AoE damage. It's worth noting the build actually works quite well without insanely expensive gear (mine is probably on the expensive side).

For more info just import the character into pathofbuilder and fool around with items / passives / skills / etc.
Last edited by Frankenberry on May 18, 2017, 3:05:13 AM
"
Frankenberry wrote:

Thanks for your quick and in-depth reply :-)

Sounds exactly what I was looking for. I'm planning to farm shaped strands till the end of the league was going for LA but TS with AOE sounds pretty sweet as well.

Will look up the trees you suggested. Thanks!
"
xXSylarXx wrote:
Can you update the Windripper-Tornado Skilltree's (Balanced)?
It didnt work anymore (The build you are trying to load is using an old version of the passive tree and will not work."

Would be cool! Thanks!

+1
Im just wondering cause Im sticking with maligaro's gloves for a long time, are there any better unique DPS gloves for Death's Opus with Tornado Shot? Someone suggested me Wind of Changes, but im not sure if projectile dmg and speed outcomes high crits
Last edited by Om3nov on May 20, 2017, 4:45:54 PM
"
Om3nov wrote:
Im just wondering cause Im sticking with maligaro's gloves for a long time, are there any better unique DPS gloves for Death's Opus with Tornado Shot? Someone suggested me Wind of Changes, but im not sure if projectile dmg and speed outcomes high crits

Use pathofbuilder to calculate it which gloves are the best.

Also take into account the opportunity cost of using an item in a specific item slot. Also take into account which build you are using. Crit multiplier doesn't scale as well with Death's Opus as it does with other bows because Death's Opus already has a high crit multiplier (Not saying crit multi is bad stat with Death's Opus - just that i scales better with other bows).

In this case you use Maligaro Gloves. They give you crit chance, multiplier and and some attack speed but 0 hp, resist and less attack speed than a rare pair of gloves would.

So imagine you had a rare pair with 2 resists, life and crafted 12% attack speed (maybe even with a flat damage modifier) instead of Maligaro's. This means you would need less resistance on your other items. So for instance instead of having resistance on your rings you would have them on your gloves. So now you have the freedom to utilize rings with worse defensive stats and better offensive stats. So the rare pair of gloves might not be as high dps as the Maligaro gloves but if you take into account more offensive rings the rare gloves might actually be better dps.

The concept of opportunity cost goes for all item slots. It's worth thinking carefully about :)
"
Frankenberry wrote:
"
Om3nov wrote:

Use pathofbuilder to calculate it which gloves are the best.

Also take into account the opportunity cost of using an item in a specific item slot. Also take into account which build you are using. Crit multiplier doesn't scale as well with Death's Opus as it does with other bows because Death's Opus already has a high crit multiplier (Not saying crit multi is bad stat with Death's Opus - just that i scales better with other bows).

In this case you use Maligaro Gloves. They give you crit chance, multiplier and and some attack speed but 0 hp, resist and less attack speed than a rare pair of gloves would.

So imagine you had a rare pair with 2 resists, life and crafted 12% attack speed (maybe even with a flat damage modifier) instead of Maligaro's. This means you would need less resistance on your other items. So for instance instead of having resistance on your rings you would have them on your gloves. So now you have the freedom to utilize rings with worse defensive stats and better offensive stats. So the rare pair of gloves might not be as high dps as the Maligaro gloves but if you take into account more offensive rings the rare gloves might actually be better dps.

The concept of opportunity cost goes for all item slots. It's worth thinking carefully about :)

I just bought this rare pair of gloves, I lost 1k (9% speed not 12%) of dps but now I may buy cheaper steel ring cuase these without 2 resistances are cheaper, double flat dmg, crit chance and attack speed should do the thing and give me much more :)
Last edited by Om3nov on May 20, 2017, 6:03:08 PM
The links for passive skilltrees are not working, please could somebody fix them?

They throws an error saying the passive skill tree is an older version.

thx for all!

"
The links for passive skilltrees are not working, please could somebody fix them?

They throws an error saying the passive skill tree is an older version.

thx for all!

Hm... not sure what your problem is there, because the default Passive tree link is working fine for me.
Default_Passive_Tree
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIAAQBeAx4FLQW1CC4IiREvFHUV_Ra_GY4ajR9BIXYi6iP2JP0mlSo4LlMwcTB8MfoyATKUNj031DnUOkI-z0MxR35KfUt4TP9Nkk4qUUdVS1WFVvpaGlsmW69daGHiYqxlTWegbIxvV3BSdO11y3X9dvd313gZeu99dX8Cfyt_-4RvhMWGzod2idOMNo19jX6NgY2_lQWa8ZuNm7WdqqCfpcum4LIZtMW1SLvjvTa95r6nwTPBoMLswzPDOsSiyqnNmM9602_TftQj1ELZxtrB3ajjn-dU6NbqYutj7T_tg-4O73r-uv_e

However, just in case I'll post a version of that tree on PoE Planner:
PoE_Planner_version_of_default_tree
http://poeplanner.com/AAcAAOsCKwBzm40ILu2DGY4AXtN-fXX-urvjxKLveu4OVvp_KznUdvcx-qCfMHyNfSP2TZJRR5UFCIma8V1oyqnZxjKUfwKm4D7PveY31O0_51Qk_f_ejb_UIzBx3ahLeDpCBbUajVsmf_vC7LTFFf2NgcGgeBlvV2KsbIydqjY9VYWly-jWIuoyAbIZz3rDOio4m7WExetjES8DHh9BtUjUQoRvdf0WvyaVYeJVS4w2idNwUvzFDY2Hdkp9Yet6U1uvIXaGzsEzTipM_0MxjX7NmOpidcu-p2VNvTZHfsMzWhrawXTtBS167y5T028AAAAAAA==

Important: Please note that this tree requires a Lioneye's Fall Jewel: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Lioneye%27s_Fall
If you do not have a Lioneye's Fall Jewel then do not take Soul Raker (or the other claw skills).

Note also that I've modified this version of the tree slightly. I've forgone the two extra minor Life nodes in the Thick Skin cluster and instead taken the two extra minor nodes in the Revenge of the Hunted cluster. This yields the same amount of Life, but also grants an additional 16% boost to Evasion.

An alternative build that does not use the Soul Raker cluster would look something like this:
Default_tree_without_Soul_Raker
http://poeplanner.com/AAcAAOsCKwBzm40ILu2DGY4AXtN-fXX-urvjxKLveu4OVvp_KznUdvcx-qCfMHyNfSP2TZJRR5UFCIma8V1oyqnZxjKUfwKm4D7PveY31O0_51Qk_f_ejb_UIzBx3ahLeDpCBbXC7LTFYqxsjJ2qNj1VhaXL6NYi6jIBshnPesM6KjibtYTF62MRLwMeH0G1SNRChG91_Ra_JpVh4lVLjDaJ03BS_MUNjYd2Sn1h63pTW68hdobOwTNOKkz_QzGNfs2Y6mJ1y76nZU29Nkd-wzNaGtrBdO0FLXrvLlPTb6fU_sihpOHbBiN7FL_VU7sAAAAAAA==

'A Balrog,' muttered Gandalf. 'Now I understand.' He faltered and leaned heavily on his staff. 'What an evil fortune! And I am already weary.'
Last edited by Unquietheart on May 22, 2017, 8:49:31 PM
can someone lend me a helping hand? I am running to major survivability issues in tier 10+ maps where some crazy rare / boss would 1 shot me.
here are my gears:
Spoiler

Passive tree:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIDAABeAx4FtQX5CC4IiQzyD6sRLxR1Fr8XlhmKGY4fQSF2I9Mj9iSLJP0mlSo4KlsrCjB8MfoylDfUOdQ-z0M2Sn1Nkk4qUUdS7FVLVvpbr11oYeJirGegbIxvJ3BSdf1293fXePl59n11ft1_An8rf4CEb4TFhs6HdonTjDaNfY25jb-PYJUFlwaaaprxmyabjZu1naqet6Cfpcum4KfUtMW1SLvjvebBM8FJwuzDOsSiyNzKqc3q037UI9RC2cbjn-dU6NbpmOsU62PtP-2D8W39bv4d_rr-yP8Q_94=?accountName=twnori&characterName=Cakefield

I was originally doing LA build but now I'm considering switching to tornado.
Also, should I re-color my armor so I can replace critical chance support with pierce support?
"
twnori wrote:
can someone lend me a helping hand? I am running to major survivability issues in tier 10+ maps where some crazy rare / boss would 1 shot me.
here are my gears:
Spoiler

Passive tree:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIDAABeAx4FtQX5CC4IiQzyD6sRLxR1Fr8XlhmKGY4fQSF2I9Mj9iSLJP0mlSo4KlsrCjB8MfoylDfUOdQ-z0M2Sn1Nkk4qUUdS7FVLVvpbr11oYeJirGegbIxvJ3BSdf1293fXePl59n11ft1_An8rf4CEb4TFhs6HdonTjDaNfY25jb-PYJUFlwaaaprxmyabjZu1naqet6Cfpcum4KfUtMW1SLvjvebBM8FJwuzDOsSiyNzKqc3q037UI9RC2cbjn-dU6NbpmOsU62PtP-2D8W39bv4d_rr-yP8Q_94=?accountName=twnori&characterName=Cakefield

I was originally doing LA build but now I'm considering switching to tornado.
Also, should I re-color my armor so I can replace critical chance support with pierce support?

Your life is way to low. Start by respeccing into something like this. It doesn’t have to be exactly like this but the passive tree I am linking you has 161% which is also quite low.
Try something like this: http://poeurl.com/bjZZ (remember to use Lioneye's Fall Jewel above Acrobatics to make the claw nodes worth it).

You gloves are very bad. They are meant for a physical / chaos dealing build. You are almost purely elemental so your poison damage is almost non-existant. So all they really do is making it harder for you to sustain Frenzy Charges. Likewise your boots are quite bad and you should get rid of them.

Replace them with a rare pair of gloves and boots.

Try to get a new amulet. Flat phys / crit multi should be what you are looking for. WED is also nice and of course get it on a good base (like Agate) with life on it (or room for +44 life enchant).

+increased life on your jewels is also good. If you get 7% on all 3 that's another 21% life right there.

Herald of Ice is more reliable for generating Power Charges imho. Give it a go. If you don’t like it switch to Thunder. Also consider switching out Assassins Mark for Poachers Mark if you want Frenzy Charges instead of Power Charges.

Enduring Cry does not work with CWDT since CWDT casts spells and Enduring Cry is not a spell but a Warcry. Use Increased Duration Instead. Also lower the lvl of your CWDT and immortal call to lvl 1 and lvl 3 (or some other low lvl combination).

Don't switch pierce for ICS. The damage will be higher but your AoE clearspeed will be much lower with only 50% pierce.

Finally get a Quicksilver flask. You gotta grind those maps faster and currently your movement speed is way to low without that flask. And get Uber Lab for those last 2 points. Same thing really - more attack speed and movement speed = more clearspeed = more loot and currency :)
Last edited by Frankenberry on May 23, 2017, 5:29:57 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info