[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

"
Frankenberry wrote:
"
Om3nov wrote:
It's me again, Im 87 now and im really struggling to get past through it. My resistances are all 120%+ with 187% fire, expect chaos which is -60% and armour is 67. Still some rare/unqiue bosses manage to on shot me sometimes which is rly frustrating. What should I do with it, maybe I should get a moblity skill since I dont have one, can you reccomend something like lightning wrap or mirror arrow with some links to it? Or maybe there is a problem with something else? Still trying to save to get good flasks.

Open your profile so we can see your characters if you want help :)

Done sir :)
"
Om3nov wrote:
"
Frankenberry wrote:
"
Om3nov wrote:
It's me again, Im 87 now and im really struggling to get past through it. My resistances are all 120%+ with 187% fire, expect chaos which is -60% and armour is 67. Still some rare/unqiue bosses manage to on shot me sometimes which is rly frustrating. What should I do with it, maybe I should get a moblity skill since I dont have one, can you reccomend something like lightning wrap or mirror arrow with some links to it? Or maybe there is a problem with something else? Still trying to save to get good flasks.

Open your profile so we can see your characters if you want help :)

Done sir :)

Get your CWDT setup to lvl 1 cwdt, lvl 3 immortal call, lvl 20 increased duration and vaal grace (max lvl).

Vendor your lvl 20 gems with 1 GCP for lvl 1 / 20% quality. Your gems will be back in high level in no time so overall this improves your dps.

However - your main issue is your life which is very low. I would suggest you remove 1 frenzy node and pick up the two 5% increased life nodes you have available in the duelist area.

You want a good flat life roll on all your rare items. Right now you have good life rolls on 0 :( Also you can get increased life in your jewel slots. That potentially an extra 21% increased life right there =) You should be able to get something like 5 - 5.5k hp.

So you need to do some shopping and buy some new items :) Also drop the Wise Oak flask. It is only good if you can balance your two highest resistances. Use a Quicksilver instead. Also drop 1 life flask and use a Diamond Flask instead. It's very important to have a high crit chance with Death's Opus and the Diamond Flask helps you doing just that. Finally get 1 well rolled life flask (divine, instant, remove bleed with 20% quality).

You need to start over. You made too many mistakes with the passive setup :(

Follow a guide. It looks like you are doing an elemental build. Try this guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1319856 if you want that or Neversink's if you are trying to do a physical bow build but stick to a guide.[/quote]

yeah i followed that build, sorry got confused.

Last edited by Schaapie on May 26, 2017, 4:39:46 AM
"
Schaapie wrote:
"
Frankenberry wrote:

You need to start over. You made too many mistakes with the passive setup :(

Follow a guide. It looks like you are doing an elemental build. Try this guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1319856 if you want that or Neversink's if you are trying to do a physical bow build but stick to a guide.

I followed your build?

I haven't made a build :) I am just giving some advice in this thread from time to time. And ingame when I play.

Sadly you kind of have to start over. Your passive tree, Ascendancy choice, gem choices and gear choices are all going in different and inefficient directions :(

So I highly recommend you thoroughly read Neversink's Guide (this guide - page 1) and stick to his advice and guidelines. Then come back for more help if you need. I promise you the result will be better :)
"
Frankenberry wrote:
"
ngockhiem27 wrote:
Hello,
I'm new to this game and at lvl81 ranger, can anyone checkout my char and suggest me what do I need to run merciless lab cuz I die alot :(

In this game unique items are not necessarily the best in an itemslot. Especially not if you use too many uniques.

You also have a few funny choices with the passive tree so I would suggest you look at the passive tree in this guide and copy it.

Gear changes:
Get a new bow. Reach of the Council is very bad. Get a bow with high physical DPS. Either rare or a unique (Death's Opus, Chin Sol or Lioneye's Glare). I would suggest you buy a decent rare bow. Also the bow you are using in your off-hand has the exact opposite stats of what you are looking for. That bow has elemental dps. You are looking for physical dps.

Don't use Le Heup of All, Wurm's Molt or Atziri's Step. Use rare items instead. Also you need a new amulet.

The stats you want are:

Boots = movement speed, life, resistance
Belt = Either a Rustic Sash or a Leather Belt as item base. Look for +life and a mix of decent suffixes - resistance or flask such as flask duration, reduced flask charged uses or increased flask charges gained.
Ring = at the moment your gear isn't that good so get some rings with life and resistance on them. If you can get your hands on some good accuracy rolls (200+) that would also be very nice.
Amulet = Flat added physical damage and crit multiplier is what you are looking for. Also the higher life the better. Besides that the rest of the stats you want on your amulet should be stats that helps you deal more damage (WED, accuracy, crit chance, etc). Finally STR / INT are kind of important on the amulet. Try to use either an Agate, Onyx or Lapis as the item base.

Flasks:
Very important part of your items.
You should not use any of the flasks you are currently using.

Get:
Atziri's Promise unique flask. Very cheap and very good.
1 Divine flask with instant life and remove bleeding.
1 Quicksilver flask with extra speed (25+%) and either extra flask charges or reduced flask charges used or increased maximum flask charges
1 Diamond flask with freeze immunity and and either extra flask charges or reduced flask charges used or increased maximum flask charges

The last slot I will leave to you. You should try to learn to play with only 1 life flask (or even 0) but you can use a second life flask if you don't like it. Especially if you are running labyrinth.

If not use a Basalt Flask with Immunity to Shock and Duration.

Gem Links:
Hatred - Herald of Ice - Curse on Hit - Assassins Mark
CWDT - Immortal Call - Increased Duration - Blood Rage (don't use blood rage if you respecc into Vaal Pact)
Ice Golem - Blink Arrow - Increased Duration - Vaal Grace

TS links are fine as they are
Blast Rain - Concentrated Effect - PPAD (or elemental focus if you have the colours for it) - WED - Physical to Lightning.

Passive tree 1 with Vaal Pact: http://poeurl.com/bj7w
Passive tree 2 - read this guide
Passive tree 3 - http://poeurl.com/bj7x (more hit points)

Finally - Deadeye is actually kind of weak :( I know it's a bit late and maybe too expensive but consider switching to Raider instead (go for Avatar of the Slaughter with your first 4 points and Avatar of the Veil with your last 4).

Big tks to you sir, finally got through the lab :)
Great build but is there a skill tree with progression? (i.e. 27 points, 47 points, etc). I'm kind of lost into where to put my passives early on and I'm not wading through an ocean of 800+ pages just to find out if someone had the same question.

Thanks.

link to my current passive tree
猿も木から落ちる。
원숭이도 나무에서 떨어질 때가 있다.
Even monkeys fall from trees.

Started playing beta in March 2013, quit in March 2014, came back in March 2017, and is addicted ever since. (inb4 I quit in March 2018 (lol didn't happen yay))
Last edited by NnK_Oliver on May 26, 2017, 4:33:32 PM
"
Frankenberry wrote:

Get your CWDT setup to lvl 1 cwdt, lvl 3 immortal call, lvl 20 increased duration and vaal grace (max lvl).

Vendor your lvl 20 gems with 1 GCP for lvl 1 / 20% quality. Your gems will be back in high level in no time so overall this improves your dps.

However - your main issue is your life which is very low. I would suggest you remove 1 frenzy node and pick up the two 5% increased life nodes you have available in the duelist area.

You want a good flat life roll on all your rare items. Right now you have good life rolls on 0 :( Also you can get increased life in your jewel slots. That potentially an extra 21% increased life right there =) You should be able to get something like 5 - 5.5k hp.

So you need to do some shopping and buy some new items :) Also drop the Wise Oak flask. It is only good if you can balance your two highest resistances. Use a Quicksilver instead. Also drop 1 life flask and use a Diamond Flask instead. It's very important to have a high crit chance with Death's Opus and the Diamond Flask helps you doing just that. Finally get 1 well rolled life flask (divine, instant, remove bleed with 20% quality).

This is gonna be expensive shopping :<
Last edited by Om3nov on May 27, 2017, 3:40:06 AM
Live search on poe trade is your everything
"
Frankenberry wrote:

Oh btw CWDT isnt working with vaal grace? :S
Last edited by Om3nov on May 27, 2017, 4:19:12 AM
"
Om3nov wrote:
"
Frankenberry wrote:

Oh btw CWDT isnt working with vaal grace? :S

True. But increased duration does which is all you need. You could also use enfeeble if you don't need Vaal Grace. Vaal Grace is really good though.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info