[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

Hi,

I have a quick question regarding the skilltree.

In the Guide 5 nodes are investet into the Claw tree with the payoff of getting Soulraker (50% increased Leach per Second + Attack Damage Mana and Life Leech). All the others Benefits are exclusive to Claws. Are the 5 nodes worth the investement?

If you want Leech you could invest into Vitality of the Void or Spirit Void.
Follow up questinon if you don't invest into the claw tree would it be better to connect the Skilltree through Fangs of the Viper? Maybe you can Pickup Depth perception

Thank You !
"
_TeuTonic_ wrote:
Hi,

In the Guide 5 nodes are investet into the Claw tree with the payoff of getting Soulraker (50% increased Leach per Second + Attack Damage Mana and Life Leech). All the others Benefits are exclusive to Claws. Are the 5 nodes worth the investement?

You are supposed to take the Lioneye's Fall jewel and socket it into the jewel node above acrobatics turning the claw nodes into bow nodes. The first claw node is missed as it falls outside of the jewel's radius but the other 3 leading up to Soulraker are all transformed to apply to bows instead of claws.
Last edited by DrHarvey12 on May 10, 2017, 3:11:44 AM
"
_TeuTonic_ wrote:
Hi,

As Neversink says, that section of the Passive Tree requires a Lioneye's Fall Jewel in order to be viable.

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Lioneye%27s_Fall

If you don't have a Lioneye's Fall, then no, you should NOT take those nodes. Put those points somewhere else instead.

'A Balrog,' muttered Gandalf. 'Now I understand.' He faltered and leaned heavily on his staff. 'What an evil fortune! And I am already weary.'
Hello,

I tried to build some kind of a Windripper Char with scaling Elemental Damage and ES. I noticed that my Damage falls off at maps higher than t6 or t7. Also I have a very small pool of Energy shield compared to numbers I see in video guides with over 7k shield.

I would appreciate any kind of hint how I can achieve higher DPS or manage to build up higher survivability. Rats Nest isn't optimal for ES but I do like the Stats for a Bow Build, that's why I don't have an ES based helmet.

Passive Tree:

Items:
Spoiler

Thank you in advance

Kaudderwelsch
"
Unquietheart wrote:

As Neversink says, that section of the Passive Tree requires a Lioneye's Fall Jewel in order to be viable.

If you don't have a Lioneye's Fall, then no, you should NOT take those nodes. Put those points somewhere else instead.

Ok Thanks, i didn't read the gearing section quite aswell, because i am not there yet.

edit: But in this version, he is writing in the gem section:

"
NeverSink wrote:

There are also a few unique jewels that are worth running. Currently the "Lionseye" jewel is NOT one of them.

Is this still applying and should i not move into the claw tree or has it changed?
Last edited by _TeuTonic_ on May 10, 2017, 2:56:12 PM
"
Kaudderwelsch wrote:
Hello,

I tried to build some kind of a Windripper Char with scaling Elemental Damage and ES. I noticed that my Damage falls off at maps higher than t6 or t7. Also I have a very small pool of Energy shield compared to numbers I see in video guides with over 7k shield.

I would appreciate any kind of hint how I can achieve higher DPS or manage to build up higher survivability. Rats Nest isn't optimal for ES but I do like the Stats for a Bow Build, that's why I don't have an ES based helmet.

Passive Tree:

Items:
Spoiler

Thank you in advance

Kaudderwelsch

Passive tree:

Core passive tree for ES based elemental dmg with lightning damage as main source of damage. The wast majority of your damage should be lightning so Arcing Blows is a very good node.

http://poeurl.com/bjbd (bandits = passive, passive or attack speed, frenzy) (107 points spend). Buy a lvl 3 enlighten. They are very cheap.

Gems:

Current Blast Rain setup is fine. Use lightning pen or faster attack as 6th link.

TS or LA + GMP, PIERCE, WED, ADD LIGHTNING and Lightning pen / faster attack / add cold as your 6th link.

lvl 1 CWDT, lvl 3 Immortal Call, lvl 20 Increased Duration, lvl 20 Vaal Haste / Vaal Discipline / Vaal Grace (I would encourage you to throw away vaal haste and choose a defensive option instead)

Herald of Ice, CoH, Assassins Mark, Blink Arrow

Enlighten lvl 3, Wrath, Discipline, Ice Golem

Gear:

Top priority #1: Actually put some effort into your flasks. Flasks are an absolutely crucial part of any build. Buy Vinktar (added lightning damage or lightning pen version). Use a well rolled Quicksilver and a well rolled Diamond flask. Atziri Flask is okay but Wise Oak is better if you have the right resistances for it. Basalt should most likely be your final flask for now. It's very cheap and will take your character from zero -> hero.

Suggested flask Setup (assuming you are using Death's Door and got all 8 Ascendancy points and going for Elemental Raider route instead of the Onslaught route):
Vinktar (lightning pen or added lightning damage)
The Wise Oak (light res as highest resist or lightning + cold = balanced highest resist)
Quicksilver (30% speed + reduced flasks charges used OR increased duration OR increased effect&reduced duration)
Diamond Flask (Remove Curse and Duration OR reduced flask charges used)
Basalt Flask (X + Increased Effect&reduced Duration or Duration or Reduced charges used.)

Drop Rat's Nest and get one with ES. The Vertex (http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Vertex) is actually an okay choice if you put your Wrath, Enlighten and Discipline in that helmet. The +1 gem level is kind of good with the suggested + to aura effect. They are cheap - even with a good roll.

Try to keep your Quiver and Amulet as offensive as possible. That means WED, Crit multiplier and flat lightning / cold damage. Crit chance and attributes (strength) is also a bonus. If you really need extra ES use the Soulstrike Quiver with a high ES roll + attack speed roll. A corrupted version shouldn't be that expensive. I would recommend Soulstrike.

Rings: Get resists and possibly WED / flat lightning damage and accuracy. ES is nice as well.

Jewels: Final touch but for starters look for lightning damage, elemental crit multiplier (especially nice if you are using LA), bow attack speed and %ES. Resists are also nice imho but overcapping resistances is less important when using the Wise Oak with 30% flask effectiveness.

Stun resist: Eye of Chayula is an option but on bow builds I prefer the 80% stun resist uber lab enchant. Look for boots with that enchant. It's not that expensive either. The reason I like boots > Eye of Chayula is that the amulet is a very important for your damage. Especially with crit builds.

The Death's Door (http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Death%27s_Door) with stun resist is a very popular choice. Especially as Raider since you are immune to elemental ailments and the STR, all resist, movement speed and ES and immunity to bleeding! are all nice stats to have (notice that immunity to bleeding makes flask choices even more interesting if you want more unique flasks - For instance you could either have your lightning res as your highest resistance and use the Wise Oak or aim for both Frost and Lightning at the same level so you could benefit from both the cold and lightning penetration).

Finally - it shouldn't be that expensive to get the upgrades I just described. After that you should rush for a 6L Vaal Regalia (http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Ethereal) which isn't that expensive and chaos spam it for a decent ES roll.

Also - your Windripper kind of sucks. You might wanna buy one with better stats down the road.
Last edited by Frankenberry on May 10, 2017, 6:20:27 PM
"
_TeuTonic_ wrote:
"
Unquietheart wrote:

Ok Thanks, i didn't read the gearing section quite aswell, because i am not there yet.

edit: But in this version, he is writing in the gem section:

"
NeverSink wrote:

There are also a few unique jewels that are worth running. Currently the "Lionseye" jewel is NOT one of them.

Is this still applying and should i not move into the claw tree or has it changed?

This is an old build, Neversink has been using it for quite a while, and different sections of the guide were written at different times. The Passive build that uses Soul Raker was added for 2.6 (meaning the patch we're playing right now), whereas the other sections of the guide you're looking at may pre-date 2.6.

Also, be aware, Gems and Jewels are not the same thing. Gems are modular skills (both primary and support) which fit into sockets on weapons and armor and give you your main attack skills.

Jewels on the other hand are modular Passive nodes which fit into special slots on the Passive tree and can alter how your build works quite dramatically (in the case of epic Jewels like Lioneye's Fall; or not so much in the case of Magic or Rare Jewels).

In this case, the Lioneye's Fall Jewel changes every Claw modifier into a Bow modifier. It repurposes a very powerful node to be useful for Bow users. Without it, neither the main node nor the minor ones will have any positive impact on a Bow users. If you want to look at my Passive tree you can see an example of a very similar build that doesn't use the Soul Raker node:

Kefeara's_Passive_Tree
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIBAQBeAx4FLQYjCC4IiQ2ND6sRLxa_FyYZihmOH0EhdiLqI_YkiySdJpUwfDH6MgEylDY9N9Q51DqzPs9DMUp9TP9Nkk4qUUdU_lVLVYVbr11oX3Bh4mHrYlpirGyMbmlwUnTtdct1_Xb3elN6hHsUfXV_An8rg22Eb4TFhs6HdonTjDaNfY1-jb-QCpUFlwaa8ZuNm7WdqqCfoaSjiqXLpuCn1LIZtUi3trvjvea-p8EzwzrEosqpz3rTftQj1ELV-NnG2sHh2-pi62PtP-2D7g7vevzF_rr-yA==

Note also: My tree is hardly perfect. Bravery, Cloth-and-Chain, Savagery, Heart Seeker, and Phase Acrobatics are all things I'd really like to squeeze in (but probably won't be able too). Alternatively, picking up Vaal Pact, Spirit Void and Vitality Void would also be worth thinking about.

Note also: while leveling I used either Quick Step or Celerity.

I also should really dump Primal Spirit, Wisdom of the Glade and Beef, however, I still need the stats and the Mana regen. If I were playing the normal League, I could just purchase gear that would allow me to eliminate those, but I'm doing SSF, which means I have to make do with the gear I find or craft myself.

'A Balrog,' muttered Gandalf. 'Now I understand.' He faltered and leaned heavily on his staff. 'What an evil fortune! And I am already weary.'
Last edited by Unquietheart on May 10, 2017, 6:55:24 PM
usefull build thx man
Wow this are a lot of advices. Thank you very much!
I will give this a try. Should I prefer Pathfinder over Raider?
"
Kaudderwelsch wrote:
Wow this are a lot of advices. Thank you very much!
I will give this a try. Should I prefer Pathfinder over Raider?

Both are viable. I prefer Raider since it makes Frenzy Charge generation so much easier.
If you go with Pathfinder you can experiment with Poachers Mark instead of Assassins mark. Poachers Mark is really great =)

Pathfinder is really strong - especially combined with Alchemist which gives you 50% increased flask effect. That is straight up OP :) If you have decent clearspeed you will have all 5 flasks active most of the time with 50% effect instead of just the 30% which is great!
Last edited by Frankenberry on May 11, 2017, 5:26:10 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info