[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

new to this build and just getting back into PoE LHC, just a little confused how certain combos work and what I should be aims for?
I'm doing a tornado build raider life just getting into merc and want to start focusing on farming maps.
if I get a lions bow and can't evade attacks is it even worth it to go the queen forest / alpha build or what bow and gear should I be aiming for in the main slots for unique items?
just dont want to waste all the evasion and should I even consider a lions bow in hardcore? just using deaths opus right now and not sure what to transition into.
any help would be much appreciated! <3
I need the leveling trees for like each 10/20 levels, I'm a beginner at this and can't really navigate through 120 points at once, thanks.
Hey :) Can someone tell me what and how can I improve my gear to be better? :) Cause I'm just wondering, should I look for something better and what exactly :) I know i should surely upgrade amu somehow and should get badass flask instead of this mana flask, but how about rest? :)

Flasks:

Current skilltree:

https://tinyurl.com/Passive-Skilltree didn't know how to post this skilltree something like in build section, so I did this
Last edited by Om3nov on May 7, 2017, 6:28:48 AM
@Sakuramoo

Lioneye's sounds like a bit of a nightmare for hardcore since my understanding is that it means that reflect damage will always hit you. To avoid this you would probably need to go pure physical and then try to get loads of physical mitigation like a legacy Lightning coil, endurance charges and probably be non-crit as well.

I would honestly just stick to a well-rolled Death's Opus or look for a nice Harbinger.

@Om3nov

Not going to to go through everything but a couple of things to look into. You have a drillneck quiver which gives you 50% proj damage for your arrow pierce chance. But then you don't use the pierce support gem or invest in pierce on the tree!! I would either invest into pierce fully, drop the drillneck for a signal fire and then look to scale ele damage as heavily as you can. Or just get a nice rare quiver with flat phys, crit and crit multi plus any other useful stats like accuracy, life, attack speed...etc

This build scales a lot of damage from adding flat physical damage. So you really need to have adds # to # phys damage to attacks everywhere you can which will primarily be on jewelry. Look to change your rings and amulets for ones that have this on them.

I would probably spec out of the heavy draw notable and use the primevil force cluster instead if you are going to focus on scaling ele damage. You probably should consider a signal fire quiver really as well.

If you are going crit based for your bow build then use a diamond flask. They are cheap and help you get to the crit cap where you start getting full benefit of the crit multi you are stacking, especially on your Death's Opus. Get a Vinktars too when you can. The leech from it is insane. You won't die with it up except to a one-shot or getting stunned.

ah, that makes sense! any idea on what type of gear / unique items I should be looking to get for hardcore as I get closer to farming maps? level 55-70
also if I only have a 5 link for TS and use a drill what do I replace for pierce? or should I not use a drill? and should I still GMP if I have a deaths opus or just lmp?
"
DrHarvey12 wrote:
@Sakuramoo

Lioneye's sounds like a bit of a nightmare for hardcore since my understanding is that it means that reflect damage will always hit you. To avoid this you would probably need to go pure physical and then try to get loads of physical mitigation like a legacy Lightning coil, endurance charges and probably be non-crit as well.

I would honestly just stick to a well-rolled Death's Opus or look for a nice Harbinger.

You need to do the exact opposite of what this guy is suggesting if you are using a Lioneye's. Mitigation is but you should definitely not focus all your damage into either physical or elemental. You should definitely not go non-crit (unless you want to build around it as a gimmick theme) and Endurance Charges are overkill since the opportunity cost involved actually generating them with a bow build is too high (generally speaking).

You should split you damage into both physical and elemental. For instance:

TS - PPAD - FA - GMP - AFD - ICS with hatred and 1 herald of your choice. If you are really scared of the physical reflect you could swap the herald for Arctic Armour.

On top of that you can add some mitigation. Lightning Coil as mentioned is a nice choice. Kaom's Heart is another fine chest piece (not technically mitigation but you get so much more hp you just "tank" the reflect damage). Taste of Hate is also fantastic since it gives you both Physical mitigation and extra cold mitigation.

This comes from someone who has played Lioneye's to lvl 98.

Also remember the strength of the Bow is the 100% hit and faster smaller attacks. You can avoid accuracy rolls completely and it scales very well of flat added damage rolls on your amulet and rings.

Final thing about reflect and Point Blank. If you know what you are doing you can use Point Blank for extra damage up close and take distance when needed (for instance vs. reflect rares). This is kind of risky if you face reflect rares with a bubble and I would not recommend it in a HC league.

Also you could do what #4 on HC legacy ladder did with Lioneye's Glare - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HK8zjy4tHa0. It's an Assassin build focusing on poison / chaos double dipping. Cheesy but effective and reflect safe.
Last edited by Frankenberry on May 7, 2017, 7:15:50 AM
"
DrHarvey12 wrote:
@Sakuramoo

@Om3nov

Not going to to go through everything but a couple of things to look into. You have a drillneck quiver which gives you 50% proj damage for your arrow pierce chance. But then you don't use the pierce support gem or invest in pierce on the tree!! I would either invest into pierce fully, drop the drillneck for a signal fire and then look to scale ele damage as heavily as you can. Or just get a nice rare quiver with flat phys, crit and crit multi plus any other useful stats like accuracy, life, attack speed...etc

This build scales a lot of damage from adding flat physical damage. So you really need to have adds # to # phys damage to attacks everywhere you can which will primarily be on jewelry. Look to change your rings and amulets for ones that have this on them.

I would probably spec out of the heavy draw notable and use the primevil force cluster instead if you are going to focus on scaling ele damage. You probably should consider a signal fire quiver really as well.

If you are going crit based for your bow build then use a diamond flask. They are cheap and help you get to the crit cap where you start getting full benefit of the crit multi you are stacking, especially on your Death's Opus. Get a Vinktars too when you can. The leech from it is insane. You won't die with it up except to a one-shot or getting stunned.

Haha ok with this Signal Fire, bought it today and probably I edited my post when you were replying to me, so its done :D So basiclly I need to upgrade jewellery and flask, so better I will start saving for jewellery cause these shiny are rly expensive.

And I would like to know, how ppl at high lvl hit so high DPS numbers, 100, 150k etc is it obtained mostly through path of building or is it some insane gear? 0o Cause tooltip says that with my current buffs etc. my TS is doing 22k DPS
"
Om3nov wrote:
Hey :) Can someone tell me what and how can I improve my gear to be better? :) Cause I'm just wondering, should I look for something better and what exactly :) I know i should surely upgrade amu somehow and should get badass flask instead of this mana flask, but how about rest? :)

Flasks:

Current skilltree:

https://tinyurl.com/Passive-Skilltree didn't know how to post this skilltree something like in build section, so I did this

If you want to go for elemental damage try a passive setup looking something like this:
http://poeurl.com/biVC

with this being your lvl 91 goal (or if you helped kraityn in cruel 92):
http://poeurl.com/biVD (you can swap the jewel slot right above for Heartseeker and a +30 INT node. This uses one additional passive point).

Single target skill: Blast + Death's Opus is a big nono. One of the main attractions of Death's Opus is the two additional projectiles. Therefore you should use barrage instead of Blast Rain as your single target skill (Barrage - WED - PPAD - PTL - ICS - ELEMENTAL FOCUS). If you want to stick with Blast Rain you should get a new bow without additional projectiles.

AoE Gem Setup:
You are currently not using ICS in your AoE setup. Besides the extra projectiles Death's Opus has one big advantage: The Crit Multiplier. Your Crit chance is low. Therefore you are not making the most of your bow. I Suggest one of the following:

(1) TS - PTL - WED - ICS - PPAD - LMP (or faster attacks / slower projectiles when you have Dying Sun in your Flask Setup).

(2) LA - WED - ICS - PPAD - FA - LMP (or slower projectiles when you have Dying Sun in your Flask Setup)

As a sidenote: You don't really have any AoE "boosters" such as Chain or Pierce. I really don't like playing without those but if you find it okay you could stick with your current setup.

Finally you could (crazy idea incoming) use Shrapnel Shot as your Main Skill for both AoE and Single Target. It's actually quite okay with Death's Opus. It has 50% elemental conversion build in and a high damage modifier. With single target you wouldn't utilize the extra projectiles but you would when using the skill as an AoE attack. Worth looking into imho (remember the Shrapnel Shot jewels if you wanna try this). I have never tried this but you could give it a go if you wanted to try it :)

Get a pair of rare boots with resists, movement speed and life. If you want to use Rat's Nest and Maligaro's Gloves you more or less cannot use those boots. The opportunity cost is too high (too many items without resists -> needing resists on amulets and rings which should be dps item slots -> much lower damage).

How to scale damage of Death's Opus:
Crit multiplier has bigger diminishing returns with that bow compared to other bows. Therefore crit multi is not as important as with other bows (it's not a bad stat and you shouldn't avoid it but just remember it's not as important as with other bows).

Utilize those extra projectiles with your skills (Typically Barrage and TS / LA). That means don't use GMP (or LMP if you have the Dying Sun flask) and make sure you use a skill that actually benefits from those extra projectiles.

Remember Accuracy to secure a high effective crit % + ICS in your gem setup.

Flat damage rolls (physical or elemental) both adds a lot of damage with a bow that has fairly low flat damage.

Finally Flask Setup. Flask setup is an incredibly important part of your gear and often overlooked players. It's a beginner mistake. Don't make it :D

1 instant Healing Divine Flask with bleed removal.
1 Diamond Flask with either curse immunity (or bleed removal if you don't wanna rely on an instant effect for this) and duration / reduced charges used (This requires the last two Ascendancy points from uber lab. Until you get those points get freeze immunity).
1 Quicksilver with Extra speed and increased effect + reduced duration or reduced charges used or increased duration.

Last two item slots varies a lot but in your case I would suggest you get a Vinktar with added flat lightning damage (NOT the penetration one. It's worse if you are not 100% lightning Conversion) and Dying Sun. If you cannot afford there are plenty of other options:

Atziri Flask for extra damage and leech
Basalt Flask for Physical damage reduction
Taste of Hate for extra damage and physical damage reduction.
Stibnite Flask for blind and evasion (works best with point blank)
Last edited by Frankenberry on May 7, 2017, 8:33:08 AM
"
Frankenberry wrote:

You need to do the exact opposite of what this guy is suggesting if you are using a Lioneye's.

This guy is obviously way more experienced than me so I would definitely follow his guidance on the subject.

That being said I still think that assuming you are newish to the game and hardcore in particular having a bow that makes reflect potentially more of an issue isn't a great bow to start on. A Death's Opus should be safer. Once you learn mob types and can spot reflect really easily then you just play safer overall.

For anybody likely to be asking questions with low level characters in this thread in particular going with the safest option would be what I advise.

That being said if you want to persevere with the Lioneye's glare splitting the damage you do does sound like a very sensible suggestion. I honestly just like having at least one type of reflect immunity if possible but then I don't play hardcore so the odd death isn't a big deal.

GL with your build Sak :)
Thenk you Frankenberry! You rly helped me out with it! :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info