[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

"
ZerotuL wrote:
"
Ravensfang wrote:
Hey man, I went over the skilltree and I noticed you skilled soulraker for 5 points.
Now Soul Raker gives you 1.2% lifeleech and 0.8% manaleech, also 50%increased life leech per second, which is totally irrelevant since we're running vaal pact. Now with the same amount of points you could skill the three lifeleech nodes around Vitality Void at the bottom for a total of 1.6% lifeleech, then you could get the hybridnode for 0,4 life- and manaleech and a Manaleech node (IF you need it) for another .4% manaleech, totalling at

2.0% lifeleech
and 0.8% manaleech, with no wasted points for Claw-damage and a lot of adjustability, i.e. take out the mana leech node if you're stable enough.

I'm sure you saw those nodes yourself, so why take Soul Raker?

I don't get it people. Just open few last pages with MMB, press CTRL+F and type in Soul raker to find out why it is taken. It is answered on every freaking page.

Curious as to what MMB is and hoping its something that allows me to search entire thread with multiple pages. thanks in advance.
"
iSammyJ wrote:
How can I further improve or what am I doing worng.

I feel weak. squishy. lacking...

My Tree at lvl 87

my amulet/rings could use an upgrade but hard to balance that amount of resist + int requirements. still looking.

but surely I shouldnt be struggling with tier 11+ maps

1) Get a better flask setup. You are a raider so you are immune to elemental effects, so classical setup is:

Divine flask (instant, remove bleed / curse removal)
Quicksilver (extra speed + duration, reduced charged used or increased effect).
Diamond Flask (duration, reduced charge + bleed removal / curse removal)
Vinktar (added lightning damage or lightning penetration)
Dying Sun if you can afford it. Of you can't Silver, Atziri flask or Stibnite are all good choices.

2) Poison scales of physical / chaos dmg. You are mainly doing elemental damage which means your gloves are useless. Get a new pair. Gripped Gloves (with projectile dmg implicit) and some nice rolls would be a nice upgrade.

3) Get a new pair of boots UNLESS you get a lot of resists on your gloves. I suggest looking for a new rare pair of boots with movement speed (25%+), life and resists.

4) Amulet, Rings and Jewels. These items are the finishing touches of your item setup. I would suggest you look at it this way:

Amulet: Pure DPS itemslot. Get high crit multi, flat phys (added phys is very important when using Death's Opus) and life. WED and room for crit chance enchant is also nice to have. Another important thing about amulet is that is a good slot to get some INT / STR. Agate amulet as base is prefered. If you get a get a nice INT / STR / all attributes roll that is a bonus too :)

Rings + jewels: Try to get enough resist with these items so your combined resists ends up around 140-160 (overcapped for elemental weakness maps). Besides that also get enough stat points to use gems (often you will need more int).

Besides that WED / accuracy are good dps rolls on rings (attack speed as well but it's usually overpriced). Steel Ring bases are expensive but fantastic. Especially if you are sticking with Death's Opus. Also flat phys is very good if you stick with that bow (> accuracy and WED).

Jewels: Make sure resists are good. Besides that make a search and look for increased life, dmg, projectile dmg, crit multi, attack speed, bow attack speed and so on. You decide if you think increased life is a must have stat on your jewels. I do but hey - it's softcore so you decide :)

5) Your single target dps is crap. Use barrage if you are using Death's Opus since the main attraction of your bow is the +2 additional projectiles. Blast Rain + Death's Opus sucks balls. Also don't use GMP with your TS. You should use LMP and aim for Dying Sun and +1 additional arrow on your Drillneck and then remove LMP all together and use another DPS gem (this should be ICS).

6) 4L setups:
CWDT, IM, INC DUR, VAAL GRACE
HATRED, CoH, HoI, Ass. Mark
Ice Golem, Blink Arrow, X, X. Portal, faster attack / minion life is one way to go. You could also add vaal lightning trap + increased duration.

7) Passive tree: http://poeurl.com/bitd (oak, kill all or kraityn, kraityn)

8) The point blank keystones is extremely powerful (I honestly think it could be nerfed in an upcoming patch). Try it out and see if you like it.

9) Consider switching out Drillneck for Signal Fire. It will boost your damage but it's very expensive IF you need the +1 additional arrow on it. So it goes like this for your build (not a general rule):

Signal Fire (noncorrupted)> Drillneck (noncorrupted)
Drillneck with +1 additional arrow > Signal Fire (noncorrupted)
Signal Fire with +1 additional arrow > Drillneck with +1 additional arrow

This is however only true if you are using TS. If you are using Lightning Arrow becomes the best choice again.

LA + PTL + Drillneck = nice AoE but a bit weaker single target because barrage does not have full elemental conversion this way.
TS + PTL + Signal Fire and Barrage with PTL and Signal Fire would be a solid single target choice :)
Last edited by Frankenberry on May 1, 2017, 12:50:28 PM
"
Shinro28 wrote:
Hi thanks for the build. which ascendancy should I follow if I want the best map clear speed ? I'm not really interested in doing shaper, minautor...

Raider or Pathfinder.
"
Kape220682 wrote:

Hi, i was wondering, you reckomend both the Raider and the Pathfinder ascendency Classes, but how would you place the ascendency points in these? This is my first char, so i am a little lost there😊
Have followed your guide so far..

Use Raider for your first character. Pathfinder is very powerful but imho not the best choice for a new player.
"
Frankenberry wrote:
"
Kape220682 wrote:

Hi, i was wondering, you reckomend both the Raider and the Pathfinder ascendency Classes, but how would you place the ascendency points in these? This is my first char, so i am a little lost there😊

Use Raider for your first character. Pathfinder is very powerful but imho not the best choice for a new player.

I agree use Raider first, but like Kape220682 I am not sure which points to put into first? Which order would you recommend placing points in first for the raider class?

Thanks!!
"
SanguineSleet wrote:
"
Frankenberry wrote:
"
Kape220682 wrote:

I agree use Raider first, but like Kape220682 I am not sure which points to put into first? Which order would you recommend placing points in first for the raider class?

Thanks!!

Quartz Infusion if feel squishy
Way of the Poacher if you feel def is ok.
"
SanguineSleet wrote:
"
Frankenberry wrote:
"
Kape220682 wrote:

Thanks!!

Your first 6 points should be fairly easy to obtain. It shouldn't more than a 10 hours to get from lvl 1 -> 70 and get all 6 points so the order you pick them up doesn't matter much tbh. I prefer Way of the Poacher for my very first 2 points for leveling just because it's a nice dmg boost.

If you are mainly doing physical damage (no physical -> elemental conversion) I would go for Avatar of the Slaughter and Rapid Assault with your first 6 points.

If you are mainly doing elemental damage (either through conversion or just scaling of flat elemental dmg) you have two options:

1) Avatar of the Slaughter + Quartz Infusion.

or

2) Avatar of the Veil + Way of the Poacher.

I personally prefer the second because it gives you better movement speed, some dmg (allthough not quite as much as the first option) and immunity to freeze and shock. The first option is a bit stronger when it comes to damage :)
Last edited by Frankenberry on May 1, 2017, 12:52:32 PM
"
2) Poison scales of physical / chaos dmg. You are mainly doing elemental damage which means your gloves are useless. Get a new pair. Gripped Gloves (with projectile dmg implicit) and some nice rolls would be a nice upgrade.

3) Get a new pair of boots UNLESS you get a lot of resists on your gloves. I suggest looking for a new rare pair of boots with movement speed (25%+), life and resists.

Would Rares be better than the other Unique options available? Maligaros and Shadows and Dust?

and is it worth giving up the Spell dodge?

"
4) Amulet, Rings and Jewels.

the problem im having here is the massive lightning resist requirement to replace rings
and the 50+ int requirement from amulet
:(

I have no jewel sockets atm as i continue to level ill grab a few

I will try out barrage. so far every other ST skill seems weaker than TS

Im using HoA with AM 4 linked to a LA. would it be better to have AM linked to HoI?

Ill grab point blank next level :D was curious about that but you just convinced me haha

and time to look for a Signal fire. without drillneck i wouldnt be using the pierce cluster or gem correct? Altho looking at the price i could get a drillneck with +1 but not a signal

What do you link to barrage?

All good and very helpful thank you so much

Last edited by iSammyJ on May 1, 2017, 10:42:05 PM
"
Would Rares be better than the other Unique options available? Maligaros and Shadows and Dust?

and is it worth giving up the Spell dodge?

the problem im having here is the massive lightning resist requirement to replace rings
and the 50+ int requirement from amulet

Rare gloves with attack speed, life, double resist is nice choice

"
Im using HoA with AM 4 linked to a LA. would it be better to have AM linked to HoI?

HoA doesn't spread curses.Use HoI or HoT instead.

"
Ill grab point blank next level :D was curious about that but you just convinced me haha

I wouldn't recommend taking it since it requires being close to boss to deal additional damage and thus oneshot is more possible. Also offscreen clearing loses some speed.But you are free to try it.

"
and time to look for a Signal fire. without drillneck i wouldnt be using the pierce cluster or gem correct? Altho looking at the price i could get a drillneck with +1 but not a signal

No need in pierce cluster if you get a signal fire.
Very nice guide. I'm thinking of trying it in Standard with Legacy ends.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info