[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

"
ZerotuL wrote:
"
4. Im a big fan of Lioneye's glare. Its my endgame bow which im happy with. A 6l glare is only like 3ex now.

Only best rolled Lionseye's glare,6L is capable of endgame, but still any harbinger 370+ dps is better

Cost effectiveness you're getting a +10% DPS upgrade at like 5x the cost
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
"
_Saranghaeyo_ wrote:
"
ZerotuL wrote:
"
4. Im a big fan of Lioneye's glare. Its my endgame bow which im happy with. A 6l glare is only like 3ex now.

Only best rolled Lionseye's glare,6L is capable of endgame, but still any harbinger 370+ dps is better

why are we ignoring critical chance factor so hard?
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
"
Rupenus wrote:
"
_Saranghaeyo_ wrote:

why are we ignoring critical chance factor so hard?

Didn't say that we are, but even if we did, gear situational ofc, effective Crit with goes down ∼7-8% by going to Lioneye only because Accuracy then goes to 100%, which is where the DPS discrepancy comes from. I took a well rolled LG in the 75th percentile of rolls vs 370, 8.7% base.

Lmk your gear set you are testing with. I'm using gear pieces I have I know ring bases will change things up but haven't imported those on POB yet
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Last edited by _Saranghaeyo_ on Apr 24, 2017, 9:02:35 AM
"
ZerotuL wrote:
If you are going to use HoI to spread a curse you need CoH support.
Automatic curse spreader-HoI-GMP-COH-AM. Pros:automatic Cons:Too random and solo target unfriendly
Manual- LA-GMP-COH-AM Pros:covers more targets, more precise and single target friendly Cons:manual thus time consuming but with good AS almost impactless.

So is there a real benefit from linking a GMP to Herald of Ice to spread the curse? Does this increase the chance of getting a power charge? I've not really seen anyone recommend linking a Herald to a GMP or an LMP. So this is a "thing" then?
"
DrHarvey12 wrote:
"
ZerotuL wrote:
If you are going to use HoI to spread a curse you need CoH support.
Automatic curse spreader-HoI-GMP-COH-AM. Pros:automatic Cons:Too random and solo target unfriendly
Manual- LA-GMP-COH-AM Pros:covers more targets, more precise and single target friendly Cons:manual thus time consuming but with good AS almost impactless.

So is there a real benefit from linking a GMP to Herald of Ice to spread the curse? Does this increase the chance of getting a power charge? I've not really seen anyone recommend linking a Herald to a GMP or an LMP. So this is a "thing" then?

Up to you,gmp gives more targets frozen, more explosions, more nearest targets get cursed, good against packs, breaches and beyond. Still i tend more to manual curse spreading especially on boss where you need a lesser monster to stay next to the boss to curse it with HoI+CoH, but as always-up to you, try all options and choose one that suits you better.
HoA is better since it boost your damage based on your Phys damage that we have a lot from skill tree and % fire damage that scales well with Signal fire. HoI simply adds some flat cold damage that doesn't scale at all.

PS:
Hoa: Overkill damage refers to total excess damage of the killing hit, including non-fire damage.[1]
Last edited by ZerotuL on Apr 24, 2017, 10:36:12 AM
Thanks Zerotul.

I'll swap out my vaal haste for a bit and try the HoI + CoH + Ass Mk with GMP and Hatred going into the Vaal Haste slot. See how it feels.

Appreciate the advice and quick response!
Last edited by DrHarvey12 on Apr 24, 2017, 10:26:31 AM
skill tree doesnt load, it says its outdated?
"
I am newbie-casual PoE player. For the first time I tried to reach end game. I choose
Little life on gear. Less uniques more rares with life rolls.
Quality on flasks and gear.
Signal fire quiver is a must or good physical damage quiver with double crit, multiplier and elemetal damage.
Tornado shot for aoe, barrage for single target. Blast rain has a delay and targeting issues
Get rid of Blood rage since you have a vaal pact and thus can kill you. Blood rage is good with decent life regeneration and fast movement speed.
Don't see hatred and herald of ash.If you are going to use HoI to spread a curse you need CoH support.
Take a quartz flask with +evasion roll. Stibnite with +evasion roll is a good choice as well

Thanks for advices. As you said. I removed blood rage skill from armor. Changes LA to Tornado Shot and change support skill for it as guide says. Changed Blast Rain to barrage for single target dps. I also bought quiver that you mentioned and added CoH to my HoI.
Now my DPS is 2x higher than before. At tier 4 I even do not have to use Barrow to kill bosses.

What I've changes in my equipment:
Spoiler

I will look for equipment with HP while clearing maps. Thank you very much for advices!
"
DrHarvey12 wrote:
Thanks Zerotul.

I'll swap out my vaal haste for a bit and try the HoI + CoH + Ass Mk with GMP and Hatred going into the Vaal Haste slot. See how it feels.

Appreciate the advice and quick response!

Sorry, since i wrote one total bull*, my bad.
Seems like i start analyzing gem setups as double legacy Reach of the council owner and thus can build 4 gem curse spreader without GMP since bow provides it and i use manual way to spread it.In my case LA+COH+AM and gmp from bow
In case of any other bow HoI-CoH-AM is enough.No need in GMP here.
Last edited by ZerotuL on Apr 24, 2017, 1:24:14 PM
"
ZerotuL wrote:

In case of any other bow HoI-CoH-AM is enough.No need in GMP here.

Ok, I am using Death's Opus so I assume that I shouldn't bother with GMP? Sorry, didn't quite follow what you were saying.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info