[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

Hey,

could someone please add a new Version of the Windripper Skilltree?
I would like to try it for maybe a starte Build in 3.0.

Thank u :-)
Guys.. i've just started to play this game 2 weeks ago and i've choose to play this character.
This is my current build/gear:

Is there something to upgrade? I'm doing good or totally wrong?
I'm Lv. 80
I'm now lvl 74, my area damage is ok but my single dps is crap and I get one shot all the time...

Can I get some advices please

Thanks !
Hi Shinro,

A few things that you could look into.

You are using a drillneck which increases damage based upon pierce chance but then you don't use the pierce support gem in your LA setup or take pierce nodes on the tree. Consider swapping the drillneck for a signal fire and look to scale lots of weapon ele damage or change it for a good rare quiver with lots of crit and crit multi.

With regards to your skilltree consider speccing out of heavy draw and not getting the 2 4% life nodes below Thick skin. Just route from the top and grab one 4% and then the 10% node. Get the 4%'s last if not at all. You haven't gone into the herbalist cluster which would be an extra 20% life for 3 points. Primevil force is a brilliant cluster if you are scaling weapon ele damage at all. I would go into that along the top of it. Grab golems blood when you can along with the 2 point jewels. Consider arrow dancing as you have fully specced into acrobatics. Apsect of the Eagle tends to be an efficient 2 pointer.

A lot of damage comes from flasks. Look to get a diamond flask to hopefully get you close to the crit cap if you are not there now. An Atziri's Promise is a great cheap flask as it gives you DPS and some life leech for survival. A vinktars flask will give you a lot of extra damage and insane life leech. Try to get one that adds lightning damage to attacks or has lighning penetration. The leach from vinktars is so insane you are basically immortal providing you are not one-shot or stunned. You shouldn't need a mana flask as you have a fair amount of mana leech. Consider getting a basalt flask or jade flask to boost defenses if you still need to.

For single target try to get a 5-link up and running. Consider a barrage setup. It is definitely the best single target damage skill for bows with the disadvantage that it works best when you are close to the target. For bosses ideally try to have vinktars and atziri's up so you can leech through any damage you take.

If you are not resist capped at merciless GET RESIST CAPPED!

Be careful what map mods you roll. -max resistances will wreck you. Elemental weakness and damage mods can also increase one-shots if you are not over capped on your resistances.

Lastly if you are not using Path of Building give it a go and import your character into it. It will let you simulate gear upgrades. Tells you what your dps increase or decrease will be by changing passives on your tree for all your different skills. Let you change skill gems around so you can see what setups work best. In short it allows you to play around with your build to maximise it without having to blow any ccy ingame. It's really good!!!!!

Last edited by DrHarvey12 on May 4, 2017, 3:53:55 PM
I'm confused (and relatively new player.)

If I want to play pahtfinder as CI, do I have any good options to get frenzy charges?

If I go life, and don't have the leech gloves and instead pick up vaal pact, will bloodrage work sufficiently?
"
Corppi wrote:
I'm confused (and relatively new player.)

If I want to play pahtfinder as CI, do I have any good options to get frenzy charges?

If I go life, and don't have the leech gloves and instead pick up vaal pact, will bloodrage work sufficiently?

If you go Pathfinder CI, your options for frenzy charges are limited. You can run Blood Rage, but it can be uncomfortable and you should get used to it first. Your other option is Poacher's Mark in a Curse on Hit setup, which stops you running assassin's mark and is only really viable if you're running Skyforth. Or you can use the Green Dream unique jewel and socket it in the jewel socket above the Ranger Frenzy charge, and pick up Survivalist which will give you chance to gain Frenzy Charge on kill.

Again running VP + Blood Rage can be uncomfortable, just make sure you're able to unsocket the gem quickly if you find yourself in trouble.
"
DrHarvey12 wrote:
Hi Shinro,

A few things that you could look into.

You are using a drillneck which increases damage based upon pierce chance but then you don't use the pierce support gem in your LA setup or take pierce nodes on the tree. Consider swapping the drillneck for a signal fire and look to scale lots of weapon ele damage or change it for a good rare quiver with lots of crit and crit multi.

With regards to your skilltree consider speccing out of heavy draw and not getting the 2 4% life nodes below Thick skin. Just route from the top and grab one 4% and then the 10% node. Get the 4%'s last if not at all. You haven't gone into the herbalist cluster which would be an extra 20% life for 3 points. Primevil force is a brilliant cluster if you are scaling weapon ele damage at all. I would go into that along the top of it. Grab golems blood when you can along with the 2 point jewels. Consider arrow dancing as you have fully specced into acrobatics. Apsect of the Eagle tends to be an efficient 2 pointer.

A lot of damage comes from flasks. Look to get a diamond flask to hopefully get you close to the crit cap if you are not there now. An Atziri's Promise is a great cheap flask as it gives you DPS and some life leech for survival. A vinktars flask will give you a lot of extra damage and insane life leech. Try to get one that adds lightning damage to attacks or has lighning penetration. The leach from vinktars is so insane you are basically immortal providing you are not one-shot or stunned. You shouldn't need a mana flask as you have a fair amount of mana leech. Consider getting a basalt flask or jade flask to boost defenses if you still need to.

For single target try to get a 5-link up and running. Consider a barrage setup. It is definitely the best single target damage skill for bows with the disadvantage that it works best when you are close to the target. For bosses ideally try to have vinktars and atziri's up so you can leech through any damage you take.

If you are not resist capped at merciless GET RESIST CAPPED!

Be careful what map mods you roll. -max resistances will wreck you. Elemental weakness and damage mods can also increase one-shots if you are not over capped on your resistances.

Lastly if you are not using Path of Building give it a go and import your character into it. It will let you simulate gear upgrades. Tells you what your dps increase or decrease will be by changing passives on your tree for all your different skills. Let you change skill gems around so you can see what setups work best. In short it allows you to play around with your build to maximise it without having to blow any ccy ingame. It's really good!!!!!

Thanks a lot Doc !! I will follow your advices :)
@Shinro - np - glad you found it helpful.

@corppi

As Morelike mentions there are a few ways to automate generating frenzy charges as a CI pathfinder. However possibly the simplest way is just running a frenzy + GMP setup. That will see you hit max frenzy charges pretty quickly and with some frenzy duration stuff on the tree you shouldn't have to use frenzy too often, just when it is about to fall off.

It does have it's drawbacks of losing 2 gem slots for the setup and having to fire it off every 10 seconds or so but you may find you prefer it to the alternatives.
@DrHarvey12 and @Morelikeew

Thanks for the input, I appreciate it.

I have a lvl92 raider and I'm contenplating if I should reroll or just respec: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Corppi/characters -> Karski

I'd like to run Lightning arrow + blast rain.

When I check the "experimental pathfinder CI tree" from OP there are some things I dont get, like the claw nodes, are they for the leech in the end?
"
Corppi wrote:

When I check the "experimental pathfinder CI tree" from OP there are some things I dont get, like the claw nodes, are they for the leech in the end?

Similarly to the "normal" tree you are intended to use the Lioneye's Fall jewel in the jewel socket above the Acrobatics keystone. This turns all melee modifiers to become bow modifiers. So you will get the benefit of the increased crit chance and crit multi passives leading up to the leech. The very first point won't be converted since it sits outside the range of the Lioneye's Fall jewel.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info