[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

"
Blutspakt wrote:
Hey. Me again.

Where did you get 109 int? 15 on your amu. 20 from trickery. 14 from your char. = 49.

I dont get it.

Atziri's gloves
Sixth link for Puncture could be Culling Strike.
As far as I know, Increased Damage applies on both initial hit and bleeding.

Or actually Power Charge on Critical.
I think a puncture or two to support charges is not a problem given decent base crit chance, hugh attack speed, oveall mobility and possible offscreen fire.
If that works, then for just one skillpoint (Meciless Bandits) you can get 50% Crit Chance.
Then maybe for other 3 point you could get another charge near Shadow.

The final tree in that case would be the following:
96 level
I removed 2 life/evasion nodes after Revenge of the Hunted and changed Piercing Shots cluster as Umbral_Sky suggested at previous page
Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way.
Last edited by Sarganis87 on Sep 10, 2014, 4:43:53 PM
So far, so good :)

Have very important question to ask.

Which Zodiac Leather is better to have:

2,2k EVA
+30~~ to all res

or the one with

900 EVA
+30~~ to all res
+75 life
"
Bildukas wrote:

37% which adds to bleeding damage. For puncture i want increase single target damage other options have own downsides too. Added fire only increses initial hit, but not bleeding. Pierce only helps to hit boss target if he surrounded by minions (situational). Increased crits looks decent to hit hard first strike and more crits on dot if they can crit, but on high levels you have 40-50% anyway. Even for 4link i think Puncture+increades physical projectile dmg+slower projectiles+faster atacks(helps to nuke target) For 5 slot i should consider one of your mentioned gems. But noone ever recomend this. Slower prjectiles negated from Deadly draw+Balistic mastery+Sniper. Must be another reason imho

It was probably noted somewhere, but you use pierce on puncture when you have drillneck. It's an extra 50% projectile damage (from 50% - tree + quiver - to 100%)

Faster attacks is a faster animation leading to more mobility, and getting more hits off in the same amount of time will also lead to more crits (and puncture crit is what you want).

Point with increased crits is, 20/20 gives you +125% crit chance. With the type of bow in question, that's 10-12% crit. Taking you from 50% to 60% crit. Regardless of slower projectiles or not, you will likely have a 400%+ crit mult, so why not make more use of this? Same goes for PCoC (though I run that in tornado shot).

Last edited by DySeaL on Sep 10, 2014, 7:04:59 PM
"
returnofsnow wrote:
"
Blutspakt wrote:
Hey. Me again.

Where did you get 109 int? 15 on your amu. 20 from trickery. 14 from your char. = 49.

I dont get it.

Atziri's gloves

Nope, don't have those in the new leagues (yet). Im using 2 +30 int nodes, but I decided to not put it in the general skill tree, since int/str requierements change with level and items.

"
...about the puncture/slower projectiles/pocs discussion

"
One question... Why You dont ust Power charge on critical? Its not perfect to This build?

1) PCoC - we dont have the links for it in a Tornado shot (imo). It's viable in puncture. Also we have assassins mark already (quality helps a lot)
2) Why use slower projectiles over faster projectiles anyway?
3) I'd honestly just go for life leech in puncture as the last link. Other options include trap/point blank setups, faster projectiles, critical chance or enhance level 3-4. Especially if you have a +1 to gems bow/item.

"
Hey, noticed your build and gave it a look, i'll probably update this with some more later.

You appear to have your new HP flasks mixed up. Seething divine is 979 hp instantly, while Catalysed eternal is 2496 over 2.7 seconds

Yep, I fixed my instant flask by now. However, usings divine flasks with faster recovery is not a bad idea, though I agree that they were not optimized

"
But I have one little question: in the build tree, is going for Quickstep really needed? Not sure if the 3 movement/attack speed are worth compared with other nodes we can find...
And on the right of the tree, why eventually take the path of Deadly Draw instead of Heavy Draw? Just for the speed?

Quickstep is not that awesome, but movementspeed is not bad, the few attack speed does not hurt and there is no easier path to all important nodes we need. The 1 saved node is not worth it, since we invest the rest in random dex nodes.

I actually updated the leveling tree. I suggest picking up heavy draw in the beginning now and deadly draw slightly later.

---------------

Thanks everyone for the feedback and the opinions
Please don't PM me ingame with filter/guide questions, post them on the forum, after reading the FAQ.
Last edited by NeverSink on Sep 10, 2014, 7:10:44 PM
"
Maxelek wrote:
So far, so good :)

Have very important question to ask.

Which Zodiac Leather is better to have:

2,2k EVA
+30~~ to all res

or the one with

900 EVA
+30~~ to all res
+75 life

I'd recommend the one with 75 life.

You can usually get 45%+ evasion with a 1k chest, which is sufficient. But it might be personal preference.

Please don't PM me ingame with filter/guide questions, post them on the forum, after reading the FAQ.
"

I actually updated the leveling tree. I suggest picking up heavy draw in the beginning now and deadly draw slightly later.

I think he means in the end (104 points and finished build). There you seem to have dropped heavy draw and only went with deadly.
"
Piejie wrote:
"

I think he means in the end (104 points and finished build). There you seem to have dropped heavy draw and only went with deadly.

Some rough math tells me there's a ~9% DPS increase going with Deadly Draw over Heavy Draw, at the cost of stun chance/stun duration. Considering how often you crit anyway, maybe it's worth it?
Last edited by slowhanded on Sep 11, 2014, 11:42:49 AM
"
Piejie wrote:
"

Deadly draw is better than heavy draw later on according to my calculations.

In my old build I was using Deadly Draw+Pierce without the drillneck and was pretty pleased with it compared with heavy draw.

However the difference was not-quantifiable and somewhat random-ish. Also it requiered you to refund multiple points over time.

To simple up the process I decided to suggest Heavy Draw over pierce in the guide. I guess I forgot to edit 1 build.

Also good news:

I defeated uber-atziri with 3 portals left today (2 deaths at Vaal, very unpredictable and unlucky encounter, 1 death at Atziri)

Neversink, thanks for this extremely detailed and useful guide. I'm playing a TS/Puncture ranger based on Mathil's guide and your write up is a very useful adjunct to the information Mathil provides.

Some questions:

1) How much evasion should I aim for? Currently I'm at only 35% evasion or so which seems pretty low.

2) Just wondering... how did you manage to get 4 red sockets on your Shadows and Dust? Did you use the crafting table red socket option or did you simply roll it on your own? And how many chromes did you spend?

3) Looking at your Offense tab, it appears that your chance to hit is 86%. Do you have any plans to increase your accuracy (accuracy on gear and/or accuracy nodes from the tree)?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info