[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

Have to say, so far it's most fun and best build I played. Well done sir. Currently 34 lvl, and thanks for the answer about uniques. You're a genius man :)
Hmm, my only problem is mana/mana regen tho :(
Last edited by Maxelek on Sep 8, 2014, 3:27:38 PM
"
Maxelek wrote:
Have to say, so far it's most fun and best build I played. Well done sir. Currently 34 lvl, and thanks for the answer about uniques. You're a genius man :)
Hmm, my only problem is mana/mana regen tho :(

Thanks, I'm glad you're enjoying the build.

Mana regen will become less of a problem on higher levels as your mana pool will grow and you will leech more mana from your physical damage.

I can recommend using mana-leech uniques such a wurms bolt/shadow and dust for now.
A hybrid flask also does wonders while leveling.

A slightly expensive and strange alternative is Thief's torment. You can also combine it with an infractem bow later (which is pretty cheap).

"
Haha, no, I meant what would you link Split Arrow as main skill with.

Without drillneck: definitely chain.
With drillneck: likely added fire damage or life on hit/leech.

Otherwise use the same links, just replace GMP

----------

updated the guide a bit, fixed some spelling mistakes added a few notes.

"
As you can see, I wear Armor boots because 4R is almost impossible to roll on pure Eva gear. Hybrid Armor/Eva helm/gloves/boots are harder roll than pure Armor, but still very affordable.
This little gearing advise should be added to the guide.

I added it to a more visible spot, thank you.
Please don't PM me ingame with filter/guide questions, post them on the forum, after reading the FAQ.
Last edited by NeverSink on Sep 8, 2014, 4:55:23 PM
Cant wait to try it out !!! :D

Klassno.
IGN : Kyrelliiaa
As far as i´m concerned this seems like a nice alternative to my Groundslam Marauder.
Was searching for something a bit more "challenging" to play.
Just started recently and haven´t been able to play a lot. Nevermind.
Onwards to my question.
Whats your recommendation for leveling Gear. Looking for pure Armour or Gear with Evasion rating?
If i get this right, higher ER means i get hit less by enemies? Right? :)
Nice guide.

I'm doing tornado shot ranger myself. Using LMP because it's 20/20 while I level a GMP. Very nice clear speeds at 23k dps with a mediocre bow.

By far the best and most fun character I've had. Quite tanky too with pure eva.

Have you tried the following ?

- No herald of ice, but have HoA supported by ele prolif.
- Link puncture to trap & point blank. Takes some getting used to, but oneshots map bosses & exiles
How do you think Lightning Coil would be with this build? I would probably have to drop rats nest or drillneck to run it probably? Is that worth? Also what do you think of Windripper?
Bro, I am leveling with facebreakers. Should I skip the bow nodes and go straight for life at early levels ?
(30-50)
"
schnitzelman wrote:
As far as i´m concerned this seems like a nice alternative to my Groundslam Marauder.
Was searching for something a bit more "challenging" to play.
Just started recently and haven´t been able to play a lot. Nevermind.
Onwards to my question.
Whats your recommendation for leveling Gear. Looking for pure Armour or Gear with Evasion rating?
If i get this right, higher ER means i get hit less by enemies? Right? :)

Evasion early on is pretty good already once you have access to ondars guide. This will make several enemies that usually cause a lot of troubles early on a walk in the park.

Other than that good rares usually are better than most uniques while leveling.

Still wurms bolt, meginords, maligaros, shadow and dust, craghead are just some of the good uniques you can consider to use while leveling.

"

Have you tried the following ?

- No herald of ice, but have HoA supported by ele prolif.
- Link puncture to trap & point blank. Takes some getting used to, but oneshots map bosses & exiles

I tried both. HoA with ele prolif is amazing. However most kills this build does are executed with tornado shot, which consists out of a lot of small shots. This reduces the overkill burn quite a bit. I am considering giving it another try. I'm leveling a ele prolif in my offslot atm.

Yes, the trap/pb interaction is very strong. I might use it in my uber-atziri attempt. However, puncture already one shots most things for me. (also leveling gems)

"
How do you think Lightning Coil would be with this build? I would probably have to drop rats nest or drillneck to run it probably? Is that worth? Also what do you think of Windripper?

Lightning coil got a bit of a nerf this league now that resists are harder to overcap. However, it is worth using it. And yes you'll likely have to drop at the very least 1 item for it. Also you'll have to run the purity.

Windripper is an amazing bow. I'm currently tinkering around a new build (likely COC/Bloodmagic/SRS, but still working on details) and I'm considering basing it on windripper. However, for this build specifically it's not exactly what you want/need. Too much elemental damage, no physical damage.

"
Bro, I am leveling with facebreakers. Should I skip the bow nodes and go straight for life at early levels ?
(30-50)

Yep, get life, life-leech and mana leech, HP nodes, crit nodes. Invest into bow nodes later.

Though imho bow leveling is fast enough already.

------------------------

Updated the guide a bit more, added a section for similar guide for comparison and perspective sake.
Please don't PM me ingame with filter/guide questions, post them on the forum, after reading the FAQ.
Last edited by NeverSink on Sep 9, 2014, 7:23:43 AM

what do u guys think about that bow? viable for this build?
"
juseq wrote:

what do u guys think about that bow? viable for this build?

Crit chance 8%+ is necessary for Crit builds.

So far this guide is awesome and works great. 17k Tornado with charges up. Its lvl 16 and non-quality, lol.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info