[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

"
returnofsnow wrote:
What do you put on 6 link on Split arrow instead of Puncture? Imma get a Drillneck soon, just gotta see.

This build uses tornado shot 99% of the time. Also tornadoshot benefits greatly from the 6th link.
Please don't PM me ingame with filter/guide questions, post them on the forum, after reading the FAQ.
Hey. Nice Guide. I love playing the ranger like this.

But 1 Question. Why do you skip Master fletcher?

3 point 42% physdmg with bow + 2 % increased attack speed

I would give uo Constitution on the left side.

So you could get some extra passive maybe to skill Fury Bolts for example.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIBAF4DHgW1BiMILgiJCpsVIBa_GY4fQSF2IuIj9iT9JpUqCypNKlss6TBxMHwx-jIBNj051DpCPydDNkfiSn1KyEt4TZJRR1FMUuxVS1b6W69daGHiZ6BsjG1sb55v8nBSdvd3B3fXeOt59n1bfXV_K4MJhs6HE4d2jDaNfY2_lQWa8Zsmm42cpJ2qoJ-kOaxHr-uyGbVIwTPC7MpKyqnPetCB037UI9aK3Q3dqOcK51TndOjW7YPvevPq_MX-uv_e2o2r0iU_ytMZtPqx6mLexg==

I know survibilaty is important but maybe THe massive more dmg is it worth?

Plx tell me what you think
Last edited by Blutspakt on Sep 8, 2014, 7:56:53 AM
Very detailed guide, I like it.
I hope you're going to level that increased duration gem because it's not affected by the CWDT cap.
IGN: NNQQ, Sporkay, Rands_
"
"
returnofsnow wrote:
What do you put on 6 link on Split arrow instead of Puncture? Imma get a Drillneck soon, just gotta see.

This build uses tornado shot 99% of the time. Also tornadoshot benefits greatly from the 6th link.

Lol I'm so sorry, I meant Pierce instead of Puncture. But got a Drillneck so it doesn't matter. I respecced fully into this build with the current gear:

Spoiler

Will try to 6L a Belly of the Beast sometime soon. Right now I got 3.5k life with very shitty life on gear. 26k on both Puncture and Split Arrow. Gonna level Tornado Shot and try it out too. The damage-defense balance is perfect.
This build can be used with split arrow? I am too lazy to aim.
"
This build can be used with split arrow? I am too lazy to aim.

Yes, replace GMP with Fire damage / Life leech / Life on hit. Split arrow is still good.

"
I hope you're going to level that increased duration gem because it's not affected by the CWDT cap.

Really? Thank you, that's very valuable information I somehow missed out on.

"
Hey. Nice Guide. I love playing the ranger like this.

But 1 Question. Why do you skip Master fletcher?

3 point 42% physdmg with bow + 2 % increased attack speed

I would give uo Constitution on the left side.

So you could get some extra passive maybe to skill Fury Bolts for example.

Master fletcher is not bad in my opinion, however it's simply weaker than other bow-clusters. If you feel like you can survive a lot, I recommend investing in the "Depth perception" cluster (+accuracy and crit next to the shadow). It will provide a much bigger DPS boost.

Also don't use fury bolts. You spend 2 nodes just to get there. Not worth it.

However, in 78-79 maps I feel like you really want the all the defense you can get. Death is costly even on softcore, since experience is slow after level 85. And the clear-speed of this build is very high anyway.

"
Lol I'm so sorry, I meant Pierce instead of Puncture. But got a Drillneck so it doesn't matter. I respecced fully into this build with the current gear:

I'm still not exactly sure what you mean. If you refer to TornadoShot-Pierce, that's because the secondary form of the shot does NOT pierce and deals the most damage. Once it start piercing, the AOE clear of it becomes much stronger.
Please don't PM me ingame with filter/guide questions, post them on the forum, after reading the FAQ.
Haha, no, I meant what would you link Split Arrow as main skill with.

But I'm using Tornado Shot now, so far it seems way better and for some reason reflect doesn't hit me so hard. So far it looks really good and it goes through the Undying Evangelists shield which makes it a better option than Split Arrow. Still need to learn how to aim it though.
Currently lvl 70, just killed Merciless Dominus with this build.

Dominus is a joke, magic and rare lvl 66-68 maps are joke, everything else is even more pathetic.

Only died once in Fractured + Vulnerability map (it was unidentified rare map, so there were some other modes too). The Nemesis monster had Soul Conduit, but I blindly headbashed into a room with it and 10+ other monsters and never read the rare. So it died last after couple of Tornado Shots and made 30 spectres all around me.

Other than that mistake of mine, I was not even close to death despite having only 54% Fire res. My playstyle is realy far from safe and cautious, so for now I think survivability of this build is great.

Here is my gear (was good for lvl 60, but i guess it is still not bad at lvl70):
Spoiler

As you can see, I wear Armor boots because 4R is almost impossible to roll on pure Eva gear. Hybrid Armor/Eva helm/gloves/boots are harder roll than pure Armor, but still very affordable.
This little gearing advise should be added to the guide.
Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way.
Last edited by Sarganis87 on Sep 8, 2014, 12:48:02 PM
"
Trevasotilo wrote:
[Removed by Support]

I'm not sure if you can blame the build for it.

1) The VOD was not taken on beyond. I would have different flasks, different itemization on beyond...
2) ...and most importantly I would not attempt to do a distracted live-stream commentary on beyond, since it increases your latency and distracts you a lot
3) I'm the biggest airhead you can find, I would not usually recommend face-tanking bosses and groups of charging magic roahs in high level maps.

---------------------------

For whoever requested the Atziri kill video, here's an unedited version, I'll cut it and post it on youtube later:

http://www.twitch.tv/neversink/b/566497747

EDIT:

Youtube edition: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZqdmSZvrSc
Last edited by Support on Sep 8, 2014, 7:37:01 PM
"
Trevasotilo wrote:
[Removed by Support]

You should definitely find another build. Your snap judgement doesn't take into account that the op plays loose and careless at times (which he admits more than once). You also missed his budget gearing which could be upgraded in many ways to top tier.

[Removed by Support]
IGN: Grave_Intentions
$$$ Grave Intentions Flame Totem MFarmer: I'm Cheap 'n' Easy $$$
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/979802
Last edited by Support on Sep 8, 2014, 7:37:32 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info