[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

You can save one point in your passiv tree since "Pierce cannot exceed 100%, therefore the maximum increased projectile damage obtainable from Drillneck is 100%." so you dont really need the 2x5% nodes on the tree over the 8% dmg node. Even if you could go over 100%, 12% inc dmg is not really worth a node.
IGN: eLdiLdoRadO
Last edited by takeme on Sep 11, 2014, 10:09:21 PM
"
hankinsohl wrote:
Neversink, thanks for this extremely detailed and useful guide. I'm playing a TS/Puncture ranger based on Mathil's guide and your write up is a very useful adjunct to the information Mathil provides.

Some questions:

1) How much evasion should I aim for? Currently I'm at only 35% evasion or so which seems pretty low.

2) Just wondering... how did you manage to get 4 red sockets on your Shadows and Dust? Did you use the crafting table red socket option or did you simply roll it on your own? And how many chromes did you spend?

3) Looking at your Offense tab, it appears that your chance to hit is 86%. Do you have any plans to increase your accuracy (accuracy on gear and/or accuracy nodes from the tree)?

1) I think 35%-40% is ideal really. You'll probably get to 37.5-40% from rat's nest, atziri's step and a decent chest as well as the passive nodes. With Ondar's, that puts you at 75% evasion for projectiles/reflect (85% after dodge). Any more than this will take an insane chest, or more investment in the tree.

2) Luck. Shadows & Dust also has a low dex/int requirement, so it shouldn't be difficult to get RRRR.

3) 85-90% is generally good for an evasion build. You need to take into account that your accuracy works in opposition to your evasion when it comes to reflect, which is why bows like Lioneye's Glare (cannot miss/100% accuracy) shouldn't really be used for evasion builds, especially not evasion/crit builds.
The Build is good and fuctional with every single league available now but the thing is....if you want to cap your resistences + 2% mana leech + 108 / 109 INT / STR ...you cant use all best in slots at once... you can't use Rat's nest + Queens + Maligaros + Atziri's steps + Drillneck... cause you will not have enough resistences and you will die with 2~3 elemental hits... so the thing is...there's no really BiS in this build since you have to either spend skill tree points in STR / INT / Mana / Life ... or either leave one or two BiS items and replace them with Rare ones.

My Current Gear:

Spoiler

"
RidoBoss wrote:
The Build is good and fuctional with every single league available now but the thing is....if you want to cap your resistences + 2% mana leech + 108 / 109 INT / STR ...you cant use all best in slots at once... you can't use Rat's nest + Queens + Maligaros + Atziri's steps + Drillneck... cause you will not have enough resistences and you will die with 2~3 elemental hits... so the thing is...there's no really BiS in this build since you have to either spend skill tree points in STR / INT / Mana / Life ... or either leave one or two BiS items and replace them with Rare ones.

My Current Gear:

Spoiler

You can do this. But it's not easy.

You need to cap your resists with your Doryani's+Jewerly+Chest armor, while getting some HP and at least a bit mana leech from one item.

Ideally you also want to cover the STR / INT there. I chose to get 2 int nodes instead to allow myself to wear jewlry with more HP.

The PERFECT solution would be Atziri's Acuity, which is BiS and also would cover the intelligence requirements.

"
You can save one point in your passiv tree since "Pierce cannot exceed 100%, therefore the maximum increased projectile damage obtainable from Drillneck is 100%." so you dont really need the 2x5% nodes on the tree over the 8% dmg node. Even if you could go over 100%, 12% inc dmg is not really worth a node.

This is true, I'll add it, but imo the nodes are still not worth it, with a quality pierce.

"
Neversink, thanks for this extremely detailed and useful guide. I'm playing a TS/Puncture ranger based on Mathil's guide and your write up is a very useful adjunct to the information Mathil provides.

Some questions:

1) How much evasion should I aim for? Currently I'm at only 35% evasion or so which seems pretty low.

2) Just wondering... how did you manage to get 4 red sockets on your Shadows and Dust? Did you use the crafting table red socket option or did you simply roll it on your own? And how many chromes did you spend?

3) Looking at your Offense tab, it appears that your chance to hit is 86%. Do you have any plans to increase your accuracy (accuracy on gear and/or accuracy nodes from the tree)?

1) 40-50% practical evasion is OK. More is good.

2) The chances to get 4Reds with shadow and dust is around 1:750. I was just lucky, I'd stop at 3.

3) 86% hit chance is not too bad. Getting more is a priority - but is only possibly by upgrading my bow, jewlry or getting a higher level, but as Umbral pointed out, it's actually enough AND it also saves you from some reflected hits

----------------

Thanks everyone for the kind comments.
I'm going to rework sections of the guide this evening
Please don't PM me ingame with filter/guide questions, post them on the forum, after reading the FAQ.
i would like ot know where you are getting the extra 40 strength please, i did that math, you get about 73 from your gear, and you get 20 from your skills i believe(its not open right now) thats not 133.
"
Ciderick wrote:
i would like ot know where you are getting the extra 40 strength please, i did that math, you get about 73 from your gear, and you get 20 from your skills i believe(its not open right now) thats not 133.

I'm getting:

+15 from amulet
+29 from ring
+34 from doryiani's IIRC
+20 from the 2 strength nodes on the way to the scion life cluster
+20 from blood syphon (shadow life node)
+14 from ranger start
---------------------
132 total strength

You also don't need that much strength. As I told before 109 strength is what you want to aim for to use level 20 reduced mana.
Please don't PM me ingame with filter/guide questions, post them on the forum, after reading the FAQ.
Last edited by NeverSink on Sep 13, 2014, 7:26:01 AM
Finally get to 68 lvl and equipped my harb, thinking about buying Doryani's Inv then Atziri's Steps maybe :P What you think, what would you change ? Or should I save for Drillneck ? Sad thing - I have only 84% Acc, still feeling like a beast :P

LVL 68
Spoiler
Awesome guide!
As a self found player I always look at guides that work without very rare uniques. I never played a bow character before. But after watching your videos I got excited to try it for once.
And I'm glad I did.

Just killed Dominus with ease with my crappy self found stuff. Chaos'ed a pretty good bow though

Did my first 66 maps with it, but I feel like I could easily start with 70 maps instead XD.
Lots of fun though, raping shit with just a level 64 character.

Thanks for the guide and the very thorough explanation on everything!
Started basically today, already almost level 70. First ranger build, best shit ever. Started maps after killed piety and could do level 70 maps with no good uniques. 5/5

Fantastic guide. Just hit level 53 so I bought a nice Infractem, looking for 4L it. When I hit 6 sockets in just 30 jewellers I thought, well, I've got 110 fuses, I'll try to 5L it (which I've never done before).

Holy crap, got my first ever 6L in just 80 fuses. Took me a while to calm my heart. Went and bought a Thief's Torment ring and now everything is just being destroyed.

Spoiler

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info