[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

Can someone explain why BR is considered that great? Which are those nodes need taking in order to make most out of it? Because in my case, BR in a 5L setup is significantly less dmg than puncture (not even trap) by far.

Using Drillneck + Blood Rage/Hatred/Herald of Ice at 7 Frenzy Charges:

Puncture 17(Q20)+ ICD 19 + SP 19 + Pierce 19 + FA 18(Q20) = 31780 paperdoll DPS

BR 17 + Conc 16 + PTL 17(Q20) + PPAD 18(Q20) + WED 17(Q20) = 23200 paperdoll DPS.

I can see getting another 3-4K at lvl20 BR/ConcEffect but that's it. Plus you don't get to use drillneck's advantage...

"
Can someone explain why BR is considered that great? Which are those nodes need taking in order to make most out of it? Because in my case, BR in a 5L setup is significantly less dmg than puncture (not even trap) by far.

BR 17 + Conc 16 + PTL 17(Q20) + PPAD 18(Q20) + WED 17(Q20) = 23200 paperdoll DPS.

I can see getting another 3-4K at lvl20 BR/ConcEffect but that's it. Plus you don't get to use drillneck's advantage...

Sheet DPS isn't everything. First off, your supports are higher level on puncture, which makes a big difference. Blast Rain damage is per hit, with 4 hits per attack. It also gives tons of knockback utility on rares/bosses, with the king of the hill notable.
"
Icaros wrote:

Sheet DPS isn't everything. First off, your supports are higher level on puncture, which makes a big difference. Blast Rain damage is per hit, with 4 hits per attack. It also gives tons of knockback utility on rares/bosses, with the king of the hill notable.

I know sheet dps isn't telling the whole story but how else are we to gauge? Anyway, if the BR damage is per hit, then hell yeah it's amazing. Haven't tested it on a boss yet so couldn't actually tell since mobs drop like flies anyway (I have to mess with socket colors on my main gear, that's why I haven't already checked).

My support gems (well apart from conc) are 20Q which even at that level makes them better than 20ilvl 0Q.

Anyway, I'll go try it now to have a more complete picture.

Thanks for the feedback though.

So just found this and i have never used a +1 arrow before. does both projectiles hit the same target? lik if its a boss fight? what single target skill benefits the most from it?

didnt mean to put 3 of those there ;)
Last edited by Urdix on Jan 14, 2016, 10:38:02 AM
"

Hi, could you please post your build? I am also using drillneck and I do not know which build to follow. More specifically, I do not know if I should take the piercing shots passive or use drillneck + pierce gem + poachers aim to get 94% pierce.

Thanks!
So I currently have a Flaring Harbinger. Whats best to do next, should I aug it & hope for a good second mod... Or should I just straight regal it?

You want to augment it then regal. If you get an undesirable aug you can always craft it away later if you hit a good prefix.
Regal it outright. If you get Phy damage %, continue crafting. Even better if you get T1 phy/accuracy mods. That way you can make it technically equal to a Tyrannical + Flaring mod.

Multimod afterwards.
"
Leguleyo wrote:

Hi, could you please post your build? I am also using drillneck and I do not know which build to follow. More specifically, I do not know if I should take the piercing shots passive or use drillneck + pierce gem + poachers aim to get 94% pierce.

Thanks!

I am using your second example (lvl20 pierce + drillneck + poacher's aim).

This is my build thus far, my plan being to regret the path with the +30STR/+30int and connect it from the outside to the blood drinker node and grab the missing 5% pierce to reach 99% while I am at it.

My reasoning is that even if you get piercing shots you'll still need the pierce gem on your link to get near 100% pierce (10% from drillneck + 40% from the nodes + 15 from jewel = 65% max without the gem.) Granted I am not 100% sure it's the correct course, but that's what I think. Plus later on, if I have the currency I might try vaal-ing drillnecks to get the "additional arrow" and grab another 5% from the piercing nodes to compensate.
Last edited by Kill_Loot_Repeat on Jan 15, 2016, 9:15:58 AM
hey I have some thoughts to discuss here,
first, blast rain by itself converts 50% of his damage to fire damage, then you only do 50% of phys damage, with phys to lightning you'll not do any phys damage at all right? then added fire damage wouldn't do any extra damage?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info