(Tree updated for 1.3) [1.2] Beyond Lightning Strike Crit Dagger!

Nvm point blank doesnt work with ls.
Last edited by NagiSoi on Sep 16, 2014, 2:57:34 PM
"
noobdw wrote:
"
ancalagon3000 wrote:

Had tried lmp, never seen much difference, the extra aoe is offset by the huge reduction. And your single target is gimped for it.

by single target you mean using LS again 1v1? I think Viperstrike is too strong now to not use it as a single target.
I'll have to test both as well eventually, but really, just getting a better dagger will mean that even with much less dmg you'll still 1shot

probably, but I cant be bothered with VS or just multiple attack skills much personally. And I think going from 3 to 5 projectiles with LS and its pierce chance is not much difference. But thats just me.
Physical Projectile Attack Damage works with LS without reducing attack speed. I guarantee its better than WED or added fire.
IGN = pibDeath
Nice build man, at this moment I'm leleveling a char with this build. How you deal with bandits ? (sorry about may bad english).
"
Baumes wrote:
Nice build man, at this moment I'm leleveling a char with this build. How you deal with bandits ? (sorry about may bad english).

For the bandits quest I did them in this order : Oak / Oak / Kill them all
IGN: ScareKrow
Last edited by scarekrow8 on Sep 17, 2014, 1:45:21 AM
"
scarekrow8 wrote:
"
Baumes wrote:

For the bandits quest I did them in this order : Oak / Oak / Kill them all

Big thanks man !
"
Physical Projectile Attack Damage works with LS without reducing attack speed. I guarantee its better than WED or added fire.

I'm looking at the skill and it states 10% less projectile attack speed? doesn't that mean it lowers it? so would you link Added Fire or PPD
"
coreyvuong wrote:
"

I'm looking at the skill and it states 10% less projectile attack speed? doesn't that mean it lowers it? so would you link Added Fire or PPD

The attack speed reduction is not a big deal. PPD is 45%ish more to the overall lightning and physical dmg, while added fire is 35%ish more *added as* fire. In reality, 45% more from PPD is also added as, 'added as more 50/50 lightning / physical'. Added as is simply a quantification word, since it is still converted damage, but above the usual 100%. The former is kinda better because it is a bit more tooltip (and effective) dps and half of it is physical so not prone to resists. And a green slot might be easier to fetch than red depending on your chest.

So if you have 100 damage, ie 50 physical and 50 lightning damage from LS before PPD and added fire, the results will be:

Say 45% more from PPD ---> 45% of 100, and divided again 50/50 as 22.5 physical and 22.5 lightning damage (it converts the physical damage before LS converts 50% of it to lightning, same with hatred and herald of fire and added fire and any conversion)

35% more from added fire ---> 35 fire damage

So PPD 72.5 phys, 72.5 ltng (145 total)
and added fire 50 phys, 50 ltng, 35 fire (135 total)
Last edited by ancalagon3000 on Sep 17, 2014, 3:48:43 AM
"
ancalagon3000 wrote:
"
coreyvuong wrote:
"

The attack speed reduction is not a big deal. PPD is 45%ish more to the overall lightning and physical dmg, while added fire is 35%ish more *added as* fire. In reality, 45% more from PPD is also added as, 'added as more 50/50 lightning / physical'. Added as is simply a quantification word, since it is still converted damage, but above the usual 100%. The former is kinda better because it is a bit more tooltip (and effective) dps and half of it is physical so not prone to resists. And a green slot might be easier to fetch than red depending on your chest.

So if you have 100 damage, ie 50 physical and 50 lightning damage from LS before PPD and added fire, the results will be:

Say 45% more from PPD ---> 45% of 100, and divided again 50/50 as 22.5 physical and 22.5 lightning damage (it converts the physical damage before LS converts 50% of it to lightning, same with hatred and herald of fire and added fire and any conversion)

35% more from added fire ---> 35 fire damage

So PPD 72.5 phys, 72.5 ltng (145 total)
and added fire 50 phys, 50 ltng, 35 fire (135 total)

While PPD might be better when shift attacking and kiting it is a lot less damage for single target when compared to added fire because it does nothing for the melee portion of lightning strike. This is the main reason I use added fire over PPD. I want to be able to burst something down in melee as fast as possible if I need to. The projectiles from lightning strike only do 70% of the base damage when compared to the melee portion. So in my mind added fire is better all around.
IGN: ScareKrow
Last edited by scarekrow8 on Sep 17, 2014, 4:25:32 AM
"
scarekrow8 wrote:

While PPD might be better when shift attacking and kiting it is a lot less damage for single target when compared to added fire because it does nothing for the melee portion of lightning strike. This is the main reason I use added fire over PPD. I want to be able to burst something down in melee as fast as possible if I need to. The projectiles from lightning strike only do 70% of the base damage when compared to the melee portion. So in my mind added fire is better all around.

I just dont melee anything with LS. It's easy. But its just a matter of preference. It doesnt matter, crit ls still kills fast. A 6 link with PPD or crit damage would be great, in an ideal world. Plus I thought this was originally FA vs PPD because of the green slot, now its added fire vs ppd :/
Last edited by ancalagon3000 on Sep 17, 2014, 7:08:43 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info