(Tree updated for 1.3) [1.2] Beyond Lightning Strike Crit Dagger!

im using this build and its awesome!

I have a question though.

would you suggest using LMP/fork or both to improve clear speed? or do you feel it clears fast enough without it.

Thanks!
"
coreyvuong wrote:

would you suggest using LMP/fork or both to improve clear speed? or do you feel it clears fast enough without it.

Thanks!

I used LMP for a while thinking this same thing but once you get a high quality lightning strike and you attack very fast the multistrike will lock on for you fast enough.
IGN: ScareKrow
"
coreyvuong wrote:

Thanks!

LS has enough aoe and pierce, fork is not needed and lmp is a matter of opinion but I dont like it. lmp / fork = less damage on hit, and both would be too much reduced damage. Attacks do not shotgun, so there is no scenario in which lmp will increase damage. Maybe if the screen is really packed with mobs, it will increase your 'overall pack dps' but thats it.

@OP: Try PPD instead of FA. It scales both the physical and lightning portion, 40%+ *more* damage. Reason is your attack speed without FA is 1.63 x 2.06 x 1.48 = 4.96 aps with FA is x 2.06 x 2.06 x 1.48 = 6.28 aps, 26% more dps though in reality you only hit about an extra attack per second from about 5 aps to around 6aps, while PPD gives 40-50% more per hit damage.
"
ancalagon3000 wrote:
"
coreyvuong wrote:

Thanks!

LS has enough aoe and pierce, fork is not needed and lmp is a matter of opinion but I dont like it. lmp / fork = less damage on hit, and both would be too much reduced damage. Attacks do not shotgun, so there is no scenario in which lmp will increase damage. Maybe if the screen is really packed with mobs, it will increase your 'overall pack dps' but thats it.

@OP: Try PPD instead of FA. It scales both the physical and lightning portion, 40%+ *more* damage. Reason is your attack speed without FA is 1.63 x 2.06 x 1.48 = 4.96 aps with FA is x 2.06 x 2.06 x 1.48 = 6.28 aps, 26% more dps though in reality you only hit about an extra attack per second from about 5 aps to around 6aps, while PPD gives 40-50% more per hit damage.

Thank you for the advice on PPD. I never gave it any thought. The only problem I have with it is when I melee something I wont do as much damage because that only scales the projectiles and not the melee part.
"
scarekrow8 wrote:
"
ancalagon3000 wrote:
"
coreyvuong wrote:

Thanks!

Thank you for the advice on PPD. I never gave it any thought. The only problem I have with it is when I melee something I wont do as much damage because that only scales the projectiles and not the melee part.

shift attack at range should work :)
"
ancalagon3000 wrote:
"
coreyvuong wrote:

Thanks!

actually LMP might give you more dmg, think about it, you dont miss as many mobs that way, so against a group of enemies you actually deal more dmg+when you get a really good dagger dmg becomes less and less of an issue and you only want as much clear speed as possible
How much more sketch is it if you were dual-wielding daggers for more dps versus having the shield?

and would you use power charge on critical in the 5L? or drop it for something else.
"
coreyvuong wrote:
How much more sketch is it if you were dual-wielding daggers for more dps versus having the shield?

and would you use power charge on critical in the 5L? or drop it for something else.

I wouldn't advise going dual wield as the damage is good enough and since you can only get 3 power charges I dont think power charge on crit is worth it over added fire damage. Added fire adds 335-884 tooltip fire damage which is a crazy amount. Its about a 4th of the damage if you compare it to the others physical / lightning / and cold. You will also get power charges from your curse.
Last edited by scarekrow8 on Sep 16, 2014, 2:09:11 AM
"
noobdw wrote:
"
ancalagon3000 wrote:
"
coreyvuong wrote:

Thanks!

actually LMP might give you more dmg, think about it, you dont miss as many mobs that way, so against a group of enemies you actually deal more dmg+when you get a really good dagger dmg becomes less and less of an issue and you only want as much clear speed as possible

Had tried lmp, never seen much difference, the extra aoe is offset by the huge reduction. And your single target is gimped for it.
"
ancalagon3000 wrote:

Had tried lmp, never seen much difference, the extra aoe is offset by the huge reduction. And your single target is gimped for it.

by single target you mean using LS again 1v1? I think Viperstrike is too strong now to not use it as a single target.
I'll have to test both as well eventually, but really, just getting a better dagger will mean that even with much less dmg you'll still 1shot
Last edited by noobdw on Sep 16, 2014, 2:21:09 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info