(Tree updated for 1.3) [1.2] Beyond Lightning Strike Crit Dagger!

So I will start off by saying that this build is quite good in terms of damage and survivability. Like the title says I'm playing on Beyond and the closest I've come to dying was not from a enemy but from a box with detonates corpses :P. I'll also say that I did play a lightning strike build back in nemesis with a 2 handed axe and this seems way better in terms of staying alive and damage believe it or not. This build also doesn't use point blank because I did not see that much of a damage increase while playing and wasn't worth the 2 points to get it.

Below I will have the build link / my current gear / current stats / Gem Links and a Gameplay video. Thanks for any feedback and discussion.

Edit 1: Have responded about my gem links on lightning strike and how I get power charges.
Edit 2: Gameplay Video is now uploaded. Will try to upload 77-78 maps when I get them.
Edit 3: Shitty lightning coil acquired.
Edit 4: Divined... no longer shitty.
Edit 5: Just tried out Added fire damage and it seems far more superior to Crit chance.
Edit 6: Now they add the ability to add accuracy + phys..... after i put on ele damage.
Edit 7: Thanks to Spazmatism I was able to use his level 8 Vagan to remove ele damage.
Edit 8: On page 4 I explain why I use Added fire over projectile physical damage.
Edit 9: Uploaded a new gameplay video of a 75 map with most annoying mobs in existence.
Edit 10: Added a updated tree for 1.3

Gameplay (Before Lightning Coil)

Easy level 70 map but I clear like this in 76's 77's. I will try to get gameplay of higher level maps when I can.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oB4XYmyFlwQ&list=UU0uKC1II9LMccI-FCBAO0KA

Gameplay (With Lightning Coil)

Easily rolled level 75 map with the most annoying mobs ever. Birdmen / Doggies / Necros and Statues.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AF4dS2ZZBBQ&feature=youtu.be

Current Gear

I Just got lightning coil at level 84 and it is not even close to being required for the build to work. The only reason I got it was to be more tanky.

Gems / Bandits

Lightning Strike 5 link : Multistrike, Faster attacks, Weapon elemental damage, Added fire.

Aura setup : Grace, Hatred (needs 2% mana leech on gear somewhere.)

Curses: Assassins Mark with blood magic to get 3 power charges up

Survivability: Cast when damage taken, Immortal call, Increased duration, Enduring cry

Movement: I dont use a quicksilver in this build. Instead I use Whirling blades with Faster attacks and blood magic. This opens up a spot for another health potion.

Bandits: Oak / Oak / Kill them all

Current Stats (With Tooltip picture)

At level 88 I'm currently at 30.2k dps / 46.9 crit chance (59.6 with 3 charges) / 5282 HP / 53% chance to evade / 95% chance to evade projectiles / 40% chance to dodge attacks / 30% chance to dodge spells / 28% chance to block.

Tooltip can be seen here : http://imgur.com/EoFytJU
IGN: ScareKrow
Last edited by scarekrow8 on Dec 22, 2014, 11:55:58 AM
why not power charge on critical?
Lightning strike + Melee damge physical + faster attack + Multi strike + Critical multiplier. Really dont understand why u go LMP and weapon element @@
"
KeTao wrote:
Lightning strike + Melee damge physical + faster attack + Multi strike + Critical multiplier. Really dont understand why u go LMP and weapon element @@

Melee physical only affects the "MELEE" hit and doesnt do anything for the projectiles. Even though the DPS tooltip goes up it doesnt affect them.

"
Resurgere wrote:
why not power charge on critical?

I get 3 power charges from assassins mark.
Last edited by scarekrow8 on Sep 5, 2014, 5:38:59 AM
I might start this build in Ramapage. Are there any questions that you would recommend for Ramapge? I.e., nodes to take instead, uniques to get etc?
Very Cool build!

Did you mean to include Enduring Cry on your CoDT or do you manually cast this?

Is there any chance of getting a gameplay video? I'm interested in how much your life fluctuates and solo clear speed on 70ish maps.

Thanks for sharing!

Edit
Great gameplay video, it's pretty quick too and looks very tanky.

I've had a few friends who use whirling blades tell me it causes quite a lot of desync. Is that ever a problem for you?
IGN : HateGolem
Last edited by Dredrith on Sep 5, 2014, 5:15:24 PM
"
Dredrith wrote:
Very Cool build!

Did you mean to include Enduring Cry on your CoDT or do you manually cast this?

Is there any chance of getting a gameplay video? I'm interested in how much your life fluctuates and solo clear speed on 70ish maps.

Thanks for sharing!

Edit
Great gameplay video, it's pretty quick too and looks very tanky.

I've had a few friends who use whirling blades tell me it causes quite a lot of desync. Is that ever a problem for you?

You have to play around the desync. What I mean by that is to not use it while close to a wall or a rock etc.. and if you think you are desync'd just press your oos macro.
Hello!

First I would like to say you have a nice tree there with a great route and great nodes taken.
In Invasion I did a lightning strike Marauder cause I got a 19% LS drop and I thought why not try a build with a 20% quality gem(used a GCP to get 20%).
I was 1-handed and shield, same as you, but I went for resolute technique and had an axe/1-h mace/1-h hammer, whatever i could get my hands on. The build, up till lvl 48 was really strong and I never was close to dying. At lvl 48 I died because my net crashed in the middle of an Invasion boss fight(the RNG right there). I never played POE in Invasion after that.

Introductions aside, let me put here my biggest concern for this build and please tell me how you approach it.
1. You take Acrobatics/Phase Acrobatics(I'm a big fan of those skills and I love them). Problem is, you are kinda forced to take all evasion gear or very few armour gear because armour really does mostly jack for you. Some energy shield is good in order to have the 50% chance to avoid stuns while u have your ES up. The build, like most melee builds requires mostly Red sockets.
How do you manage to get mostly Red sockets in your gear? I see that you have went Armour/Evasion on those pieces but I assume gearing for this kind of build is very expensive because you need an uncommon colour on a certain type of armour.
Also, finding leveling gear is very hard as well because you sacrifice basically like 10-20% evasion for up to 5-10% damage reduction from armour. I think this is a lot.
Also, you need your red sockets in your 6L which is your most defensive piece of gear so you lose a lot of defenses going Ar/Ev on an Acrobatics character. Any thoughts on this? Of course, lightning coil is a saver, and if you have it, you just drop a lot of croms to make it RRRRGB but what if you don't have a coil and what do you do while leveling.

Please share your thoughts.
Last edited by fingerrr on Sep 6, 2014, 8:04:23 PM
"
fingerrr wrote:
Hello!

First I would like to say you have a nice tree there with a great route and great nodes taken.
In Invasion I did a lightning strike Marauder cause I got a 19% LS drop and I thought why not try a build with a 20% quality gem(used a GCP to get 20%).
I was 1-handed and shield, same as you, but I went for resolute technique and had an axe/1-h mace/1-h hammer, whatever i could get my hands on. The build, up till lvl 48 was really strong and I never was close to dying. At lvl 48 I died because my net crashed in the middle of an Invasion boss fight(the RNG right there). I never played POE in Invasion after that.

Introductions aside, let me put here my biggest concern for this build and please tell me how you approach it.
1. You take Acrobatics/Phase Acrobatics(I'm a big fan of those skills and I love them). Problem is, you are kinda forced to take all evasion gear or very few armour gear because armour really does mostly jack for you. Some energy shield is good in order to have the 50% chance to avoid stuns while u have your ES up. The build, like most melee builds requires mostly Red sockets.
How do you manage to get mostly Red sockets in your gear? I see that you have went Armour/Evasion on those pieces but I assume gearing for this kind of build is very expensive because you need an uncommon colour on a certain type of armour.
Also, finding leveling gear is very hard as well because you sacrifice basically like 10-20% evasion for up to 5-10% damage reduction from armour. I think this is a lot.
Also, you need your red sockets in your 6L which is your most defensive piece of gear so you lose a lot of defenses going Ar/Ev on an Acrobatics character. Any thoughts on this? Of course, lightning coil is a saver, and if you have it, you just drop a lot of croms to make it RRRRGB but what if you don't have a coil and what do you do while leveling.

Please share your thoughts.

My main goal for my evasion % was to be at 50% when I had grace up. You will need about 11k evasion rating to achieve this. What I did before I got lightning Coil was get a really high evasion helmet and shield (the ones I'm wearing under current gear). This allowed me to use Armour/Evasion rating gear to get the colors easily. I also thought I would have really low evasion without pure evasion gear but to my surprise its really easy to achieve 11k+ evasion even with Armour/Evasion gear. I think you underestimate the power of the evasion % nodes in the tree (124%) is more than enough in my opinion.

I really thank you for the reply and hope my answer helped a little.
Now that you've leveled this are there any particular keystones you recommend we should shoot for first?

Thanks man

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info