Beta Date and Templar Gameplay Clip

Looks awesome and yes the animations are looking so good, fluid and all! And hurray for beta starting day!
Nice video. I wants to play in beta so much! :)
http://path-of-exile.pl Polska strona

http://poestatistics.com Ladder statistics
This video is a little disappointing Chris. It looks great but the repetition of only 2 spells makes it difficult to enjoy, after seeing this I am for a slight cool down .5-2.5 seconds, I think that if you cast too much and run out of mana your shield should be taken away (it would make sense, you are sacrificing defensive mana for focused mana), also players should be rewarded with extra experience for using multiple techniques to kill an enemy (you used fireball, ice nova, leap and spark on this opponent before he died so you gain 2xp/ skill above 2 for the kill! It isn't much but it would provide a reason to use more abilities than be a spam player...
I love virtual brutality so save it for the Mobs...
"
cybrim wrote:
This video is a little disappointing Chris. It looks great but the repetition of only 2 spells makes it difficult to enjoy, after seeing this I am for a slight cool down .5-2.5 seconds, I think that if you cast too much and run out of mana your shield should be taken away (it would make sense, you are sacrificing defensive mana for focused mana), also players should be rewarded with extra experience for using multiple techniques to kill an enemy (you used fireball, ice nova, leap and spark on this opponent before he died so you gain 2xp/ skill above 2 for the kill! It isn't much but it would provide a reason to use more abilities than be a spam player...

Totally no offense...but how did you play D2? ^,^
Yeah it WAS possible to do some skill combos (and I'm sure its still possible in PoE), but in reality it was a 1 or 2 skill spamming fest :D And we loved that xD

And the artificial reward for spamming multiple skills instead of one - if that becomes a requirement (who wants to level slowly!?), then youre just limiting the choices so thats a big NO.
Oh, almost missed the cooldown thingie - thats an even bigger NO, last thing that ARPG should take from all those MMOS. Here you're free to play the way YOU want ;)

@The OP: <3 reincarnation of Necro's Bone Wall (=
Last edited by nermind on Aug 3, 2011, 4:32:46 AM
Thanks for the great news! I hope I get beta invite.
Epic news, let's do our best guys and submit all the feedback we can to improve PoE.
KnockKnock lvl67 marauder
Nermind, I did play D2 and I did enjoy it, I don't think spamming an ability proves you have much ability at all...

I only suggested the cool down to be short because I had seen only 2 moves being done through out the 90 seconds... a lot of people can do that, I love this game so far, I think they can implement abilities in a more unique and less repetitive way as their skill and ability systems are different in nature than other ARPGs, repetition of abilities would never work on a real battlefield, your enemies would adjust and try and find a weak point/vulnerable period of/in which to attack, this game is supposed to be brutal...

This is my biggest pet peeve about ARPGs in general I will love it because it is lovable but essentially it is the same core gameplay, to me ALL of the skills NEED sustenance to try, to use and to build upon, I think that is why Diablo 3 is going about their skill system the way they decided to: because players store all their points for the major ones (I like the way the skill system in PoE works better) but if players are going to just spam their 2 most powerful techniques why not only have 12 techniques? Why should the developers "waste" their time developing techniques that won't be used by a vast majority of ARPG/MMO fiends?

I remember playing Final Fantasy VII... the materia was incredible the Limit Breakers were fascinating, they just made sense, but now imagine a game where every attack is a limit breaker... yeah it became less special just now didn't it, that surge of power's level of aw inspiring awesomeness just plummeted because you were doing the same thing over and over. Yeah you could cast the same spell repeatedly in most games... but at what cost, I don't want to cherish my abilities any less than anyone else which is why limitations aren't such a bad thing in fact if you invest in a skill by working at it your cool down should diminish because you get used to using it, Titan Quest had cool downs for abilities and it was a GREAT ARPG.
Last edited by cybrim on Aug 3, 2011, 5:06:22 AM
great news!

wish i am lucky.
I was sceptic if the devs will start CB as they stated befere starting in August and i se they kep theyr words about it and i am so glad that i se some companies are serious about wat they do.
This news bring a breath of frash air and hope for many gamers out ther loving this tipe of game(old scool gamers anyone?:P).
I am realy glad things are moving.
Altough i may not be that lucky to get in CB i am stil happy that this game get close to realese.
Gl to thouse hoping to get in CB!Maibe i will get lucky for a change and get an invite to test the best game in his genere after a long time.
I look forward to playing with you guys, I will invest in the skills I find... I will rock myself to sleep... got stuff to do tomorrow!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info