New Player Concurrency Record, 1.2.0c Preview and State of Exile Podcast

"
morbo wrote:
One small thing that could make the hideout a better place is raising it's difficulty level to the current difficulty the player is in.

The hideout is in normal dificulty, meaning you dont see the difficulty adjusted resistance penalties when you try to gear up. You have to jump into Merc just to see what changes swapping gear will make.

The hideout should be always situated in the current char highest difficulty level.

It's just a small convenience, quality of life improvement.

The problem with this was that lower friends weren't able to access it.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
morbo wrote:
The hideout is in normal dificulty, meaning you dont see the difficulty adjusted resistance penalties when you try to gear up. You have to jump into Merc just to see what changes swapping gear will make.

If you go to your character screen, you'll see your uncapped resistance values in brackets. Just look at those numbers in brackets and subtract 60 to work out how much resistance you'd have in Merciless. (Of course you need to know how much of a bonus to max resistance you have, but that doesn't tend to change very often, so you should be able to remember it.)
Great.

Just one little question - Is Herald of thunder coming in this patch?
Path of Exile > Diablo II > TorchLight 2 > Diablo I > Hello Kitty Online > Diablo III
deleted, question got answered by chris already
Last edited by cronus on Aug 25, 2014, 7:15:02 AM
"
Chris wrote:
"
morbo wrote:
One small thing that could make the hideout a better place is raising it's difficulty level to the current difficulty the player is in.

The hideout should be always situated in the current char highest difficulty level.

It's just a small convenience, quality of life improvement.

The problem with this was that lower friends weren't able to access it.

Can you put a map mod on the hideout which reduces resistances depending on what difficulty has been unlocked?
IRON MAN
Please drop access to the "remove ability" purchase down from level 8 to something that solo players will ever get. I don't see why it's not level 1.
"
cronus wrote:
"
Zoen wrote:
Can you make it so Masters give you their crafting benches when they reach level 2 so you don't have to cycle Masters around and lose experience getting them all?

from the game's lore point of view it's much more consistent if they offer you their crafting tools as a compensation for getting invited to your hideout and it's already a great advantage that you're able to keep the tools once you kick masters from your hideout.

is this little micromanagement already too much for you? i mean it isn't much of a loss to lose around 100 reputation points for switching one master after it leveled up.

1. So it's better for you to say "Come to my hideout and give me your tools! Ok, thanks, now get out of here." ?

2. The "micromanagement" isn't "too much" for me, but when you realize the only way to get their tools is to invite them to your hideout and all of your Masters are already at an upper level 4 (except for Zana), and RNG just doesn't want to let you encounter the two Masters you currently have stationed at your hideout...are you really going to cycle one of those Masters out for the other 4 and lose several missions worth of Reputation and not the "100" you're claiming?

If you do, you're out of your mind.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Please drop access to the "remove ability" purchase down from level 8 to something that solo players will ever get. I don't see why it's not level 1.

you already have access to remove that mod at player level 1, just use a alteration or chaos orb.

Spoiler
probably not what you wanted to know :)
"
Zoen wrote:
1. So it's better for you to say "Come to my hideout and give me your tools! Ok, thanks, now get out of here." ?

yep, that's consistent because you pay a price (reputation points) for doing so.
and you don't lose many points if you invite all masters while they're at level 2-3.

it's not really worth complaining about the higher price you have to pay in case you didn't know about the advantages of inviting masters early ingame and getting their tools because it's a one time procedure as your progress is transfered to the parent league when temp leagues end.

Last edited by cronus on Aug 25, 2014, 8:15:28 AM
"
Kagari wrote:
Quick thought : i think portals sound need to be lowered or replaced/remove. I can't chill in the hideout after doing a map because of the vOOOOooooOOOOOOOOO ;p

This. I bought a rug from Tora and tried covering the waypoint with it in an attempt to dampen the noise :D

Didn't work.

:(
IGN: Annamelia (Incursion)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info