New Player Concurrency Record, 1.2.0c Preview and State of Exile Podcast

chris: while you're working at additional fm features:

can you please implement that if i start from the hideout's waypoint, a opened portal in the next instance is bringing me back there?
Looking forward to the group related hideout changes. Awesome!
\(o_o)/ *** Path of Exile *** \(o_o)/
"
Zoen wrote:
Can you make it so Masters give you their crafting benches when they reach level 2 so you don't have to cycle Masters around and lose experience getting them all?

from the game's lore point of view it's much more consistent if they offer you their crafting tools as a compensation for getting invited to your hideout and it's already a great advantage that you're able to keep the tools once you kick masters from your hideout.

is this little micromanagement already too much for you? i mean it isn't much of a loss to lose around 100 reputation points for switching one master after it leveled up.
Let me be so free to share my little notes on hideout:

1) While it makes sense in a lore-kinda way, is it intended that you are unable to browse public parties from your hideout? (and I think if you create one in your hideout it's not even listed in the public parties).

2) Also as some suggested elsewhere: While it makes sense to have Masters only giving you daily quests if you invited them, I really wish that purchasing decorations from them didn't require them being at your place.

3) Any possibility to preview the decoration-variations (scrolling in buy-window) or the ability to sell back the stuff you don't like anymore. Once you go from an outside hideout to an inside one your purchased decorations might not make as much sense there. The possibity to sell them back (or even have the Deco-stashes sorted by vendor) would help here.

4) I'm pretty sure you fixed this, but this includes a fix for the double-click hideout bug? :)

5) Small thing: having mapportals open in your hideout, and then changing character makes you unable to overwrite the portals, so you have to run them out first.

6) Is the defaulting of the HO-waypoint to A1n intended? Will this "increase" with leveling my masters? Or can it have the same behaviour as the other ones (remembering the last one)

7) Edit: NVM you have to confirm if you dismiss a master
Last edited by DJ_Anubis on Aug 25, 2014, 12:28:56 PM
"
Kagari wrote:
Quick thought : i think portals sound need to be lowered or replaced/remove. I can't chill in the hideout after doing a map because of the vOOOOooooOOOOOOOOO ;p

Lol. So true. Found the hum quite soothing at first but it starts to grate after a while.
There has to be a low point where some people stop complaining because it's just not worth it, and I have yet to see it. - Squeakypaw, 2013
Please give me an option to make town portals default to my hideout. It's really becoming an all-in-one place (as I think is the intent) and it'd be great if I didn't have to deal with an extra loading screen (or using the default towns) if I'm farming, say, the docks.
Aura Reservation Calculator: https://poe.mikelat.com/
Chromatic Calculator: http://siveran.github.io/calc.html
Tired of using GGG's crappy skill planner? Tell them here: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1555283
God work GGG I really love this masters stuff :)

"
MosesXIII wrote:
Please give me an option to make town portals default to my hideout. It's really becoming an all-in-one place (as I think is the intent) and it'd be great if I didn't have to deal with an extra loading screen (or using the default towns) if I'm farming, say, the docks.

This +1
I hope this can be added in near future..

edit: Why is there no shop daily deal? o.O
Last edited by de4th4mphet4mine on Aug 25, 2014, 4:36:11 AM
"
MosesXIII wrote:
While this would be convenient, it might also cause all normal towns to become ghost towns. Having populated towns helps make the world feel larger and more lively. Additionally, towns are also a great place for people to show off their race rewards and microtransactions. Basically, there might be less incentive for people to throw cash at GGG if there are less places for people to see your awesome looking character.
will we ever see a discount on Ice Crown MTX again?
IGN: CyganuHipsterDischarge
"
Wisdom wrote:
"
MosesXIII wrote:
While this would be convenient, it might also cause all normal towns to become ghost towns. Having populated towns helps make the world feel larger and more lively. Additionally, towns are also a great place for people to show off their race rewards and microtransactions. Basically, there might be less incentive for people to throw cash at GGG if there are less places for people to see your awesome looking character.

that's an important fact indeed. but i really would like to be able to return to my hideout because the distance to the master to sell stuff is much shorter.

maybe ggg can invent some additional incentive to visit towns regularily. beside the daily visit to masters for their offered goods.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info