Herald of Ash

Way overpowered skill. You can stack damage supports on your attack, and then have a separate 4 link for conc effect, iaoe and whatever else on the herald. Two four links essentially giving you something close to a 6+ link.
Last edited by boof on Aug 29, 2014, 4:05:14 PM
HoA gives to all my attacks 15% fire dmg based on my phys dmg.....and overkill dmg based on gem level

since i use lightning strike as my main attack i look for a very high amount of phys dmg on my gear anyway

now my question: can i increase these 15% from HoA in anyway by linking any supportgems to HoA?

since it has spell dmg as keyword iron will comes to mind

or since i deal lightning dmg(with LS) anyway maybe added lightning?

if none of the above applies, can i at least link inc burning dmg and ele prolif to it so i can inflict more mobs with more dmg through overkill?
Any Physical, Elemental or Fire Damage modifier on Lightning Strike will improve the 15% Physical Added as Fire damage from Herald of Fire. Melee-specific modifiers will improve it for the Melee strike, Projectile modifiers for the Projectiles.

Modifiers on Herald of Ash do nothing to modify the extra Fire Damage - they only apply to the Ignite.

You can link EP/Burn Damage to Herald to improve the Overkill effect, yes.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Aug 29, 2014, 10:33:03 PM
How would it interact with The Goddess Scorned?
After all, it is an ignite that doesn't require any prior damage to occur, so it should work.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
I'm gonna try tomorrow somewhere. Actually found a Goddess Bound in Rampage today, totes ecstatic. Should work though - Herald of Ash is described as Ignite, and Scorned kills everything except her own Damage and Ignite.

If nobody else chimes in, I'll get back to you soonish with confirmation.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Any Physical, Elemental or Fire Damage modifier on Lightning Strike will improve the 15% Physical Added as Fire damage from Herald of Fire. Melee-specific modifiers will improve it for the Melee strike, Projectile modifiers for the Projectiles.

Modifiers on Herald of Ash do nothing to modify the extra Fire Damage - they only apply to the Ignite.

You can link EP/Burn Damage to Herald to improve the Overkill effect, yes.

mehhhh, you only confirmed what i already thought.....but i hoped for a different answer....one with more dmg potential :P ....thanks for the quick response though
"
UnDeaD_CyBorG wrote:
How would it interact with The Goddess Scorned?
After all, it is an ignite that doesn't require any prior damage to occur, so it should work.

Shit burns quick. Holy crap.
Damn it, now I need to save up to buy that blade.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
i think Herald of Ash is somehow bugged, i use powersiphon single target and sometimes (sometimes even a few times in a row) the Herald of Ash doesnt appear, only the powersiphon effect occurs. maybe you could look into that at some time.
otherwise a lovely new skill!
That would be due to Culling.

Culling instantly slays the target if a Hit leaves the monster below 10% Max Life. You didn't deal enough Damage to kill it in the first place, so you deal zero Overkill Damage. No Overkill, no Ignite.

Not a bug. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info