Herald of Ash

Paging anyone who would know. Elemental Focus gives % more Elemental damage, if I were to support Herald of Ash with it would it increase the burn?

The tooltip says can only be affected by modifiers to damage over time so I'm gonna assume it won't work despite showing up on the skill bar.

I was thinking that maybe it could work because it's supporting the skill and it's not a "global" stat like increased elemental damage in the skill tree or otherwise would be.
Whether a modifier is global or not doesn't matter, and similarly, whether a Support links up or not has no bearing on whether it has a benefit. :) Elemental Focus grants neither Burn Damage nor DoT, it doesn't apply.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Mar 14, 2018, 7:08:40 AM
I'd like you to add a "on kill" sound effect as like for shatter sound of herald of ice , thank .
Last edited by Elf_97 on Aug 9, 2018, 7:10:14 AM
Herald of Ash should get the new On-Hit Chance they gave the New Purity and Agony Heralds so you can still get some additional use for it when fighting Bosses. Cooldowns could be added for this specific On-Hit Effects to limit it from being too powerful.
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.
Are more spell dmg and burning dmg part of the buff from Herald of Ash and will therefore also be increased by the 25% increased effect of heralds from Mastermind of Discord from Elementalist ascendency resulting in 15% more spell dmg and 47% more burning dmg at lvl 20?
"
erohakase wrote:
Paging anyone who would know. Elemental Focus gives % more Elemental damage, if I were to support Herald of Ash with it would it increase the burn?

The tooltip says can only be affected by modifiers to damage over time so I'm gonna assume it won't work despite showing up on the skill bar.

I was thinking that maybe it could work because it's supporting the skill and it's not a "global" stat like increased elemental damage in the skill tree or otherwise would be.

Yes.

Even in POE tooltip when you hover over Elemental Focus, there is a green tick at it for Herald of Ash.

My current Herald of Ash setup (Fireball Ignite) is
+ Elemental Focus
+ Burning Damage

The expensive 3rd Support is lvl4 Enhance.
The alternative is +2 level of socketed (fire) gems.

What I am on the fence about is Deadly Ailments. The skill gem says "more damage with Ailments". The whole monster pack is ignited, burning. Why does Deadly Ailments not work? Because it itself can not proc ignite through the Overkill Burn damage?

The POE in-game tooltip says it's not a suitable support (red cross). But technically it should work, on the condition, the enemy is ignited (ailment, Fireball + Ignite Proliferation). And I know, to include such a fine technical detail, is too much to ask.

But I have yet to come across something official that Deadly Ailments is a working support gem, on the condition that the Overkill Burn Damage hits an ignited (ailment) monster.

POB is also not helping.
A lot of things need addressed from this past post...

"
RPGNoobANKA wrote:
Even in POE tooltip when you hover over Elemental Focus, there is a green tick at it for Herald of Ash.

My current Herald of Ash setup (Fireball Ignite) is
+ Elemental Focus
+ Burning Damage

You're right it can be supported. However, I'm not certain what it does, and expect it shouldn't be doing that. Taking a look at the stats sheet in game, it has an X-X flat damage value for Herald of Ash. However, that doesn't make sense by the mechanics of the skill. I suspect this bugged display has something to do with the strange support allowance.

That said, + Elemental Damage should not be working with Herald of Ash, same reason + Fire Damage shouldn't be. Reason is that back when they reworked it (along with ailments), they removed all sources of double-dipping they could. They did not want + Fire Damage from your blow multiplying your overkill damage, and then creating another multiplier on top of the burn. For that reason, literally only Damage Over Time (and Burning Damage) are supposed to apply, because those are the only ones that won't apply to the hit before it. However, I'm sure there's spaghetti all over this skill.

Maybe there's been some change since then, but I haven't seen anything on it.

"
What I am on the fence about is Deadly Ailments. The skill gem says "more damage with Ailments". The whole monster pack is ignited, burning. Why does Deadly Ailments not work? Because it itself can not proc ignite through the Overkill Burn damage?

The POE in-game tooltip says it's not a suitable support (red cross). But technically it should work, on the condition, the enemy is ignited (ailment, Fireball + Ignite Proliferation). And I know, to include such a fine technical detail, is too much to ask.

But I have yet to come across something official that Deadly Ailments is a working support gem, on the condition that the Overkill Burn Damage hits an ignited (ailment) monster.

POB is also not helping.

I didn't follow all of that, but the big thing to note is that the overkill burn is not an ailment, only the Ignite effect is. It should not work with Deadly Ailments. The overkill damage should not be interacting with Ignite in any way. Another similar example is Fire Trap. It can support Deadly Ailments, but does nothing unless the flat damage (not the Burning Ground) happens to Ignite the enemy. If it Ignites the enemy, your Ignite will be stronger from Deadly Ailments, but your Burning Ground will be left unchanged.

All that aside, I did have my own concern on HoA. It has been said in many places I look that the Burning Damage on the gem is local, will not effect anything else. If that's the case, instead of being a 25% Overkill Damage multiplier with 0-38% increased Burning Damage, can we get this changed to be a 25-34% Overkill Damage multiplier? It's literally the same thing, but doesn't hold the confusion on whether it's global or not. Unless I'm missing something?
In 3.16 many gems related with burning damage has been improved.
GGG plan improve also Herald of ash secondary effect burning damage?
HoA also lose bonus from EE and EO.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info