Herald of Ash

Mark, how does the 'overkill' concept interacts with culling strike?
Visit my shop!

〆〆〆 ( ( ( THE BALROG'S BAZAAR ) ) ) 〆〆〆
Culling is not Damage, it simply sets the target's Life to zero (or something functionally the same). You deal zero overkill Damage.
I haven't had a chance to play around with this skill yet, but how does the overkill scale with things like spell damage, if it scales at all?

For example, if I overkill for 100 damage, and I have it linked to Iron Will with 300 strength, will Herald of Ash ignite mobs for 160 damage?
IGN: TornAIDSo
Time Zone: EST
Damage over Time cannot ever be Spell or Attack Damage, they are mutually exclusive. Iron Will grants Increased Spell Damage, so it won't apply to the Burning Damage.

Fire/Elemental/Burning/DoT/AoE/untyped Damage multipliers should all apply as per usual.
That's a good point, I didn't even think of that.
IGN: TornAIDSo
Time Zone: EST
Maybe a dev could clarify which modifiers apply to the overkill damage of the skill. Do the burning modifiers affect this? Burn damage, ignite duration, increased burning damage gem?

I would image they do, but asking just to be sure.
It appears that mobs bleeding out from Puncture do not proc this skill. Is that intentional?
The more you depend on forces outside yourself, the more you are dominated by them.
--Harold Sherman
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
azamantes wrote:
has anyone tested if increased effect of auras works on herald of ash ?
the skill does not have the "aura" tag.....

You just answered your own question.

sometimes i'm so smart i hate myself.......sigh
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1462987
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Culling is not Damage, it simply sets the target's Life to zero (or something functionally the same). You deal zero overkill Damage.

It seems logical, but could we have a dev's confirmation?
IGN: MoxajPewPew
I would presme that

"Each ignite effect remains present on the target until it runs its course, but only the one with the highest damage per second will cause damage at any given moment."

Remains true for this form of ignite? I would imagine it would, wouldn't want it overriding stronger ignites, but wanted to know for sure.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info