FoxTactic's - [1.2] Pledge Of Arc 26k dps Updated: 2014-09-08

Hi Foxtactis! I have a question... For leveling passive tree how should I proceed?
IGN: iSteven_K
Same question as above.

To be a bit more specific, I am lvl 61, 7 more levels to pledge and 9 points unallocated. This is my skill tree:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAuMFQgceB6UOSBBYEQ8RlhOeKPosnC0fNj06WEGHQZZFnUlRSbJMs1AwU1JVS1XGXfJfKmHiYqxsjHRVdhF-M4IQgh6Cx4hCjDaPRo_6lSCVLprgm6GdqqSRpwismK6ztz64k8HFwfPQ9di92wvbXt-K37DjhOvu7Bjw1ffX-ej-Cg==

How should I proceed from here? VP? Crit nodes? More nodes from the scion life wheel? Haven't taken Dual curse nodes yet, since i'm using a Tabula and useless gear.

Please advice me Fox :)
Hello got a question too, not realy related to the build thought,

your Arc gem has 23% quality, does that mean you used a vaal orb on a Q20% Arc, taking the risk of it screwing your gem ?
"
Allexiel67 wrote:

your Arc gem has 23% quality, does that mean you used a vaal orb on a Q20% Arc, taking the risk of it screwing your gem ?

yes, you can vaal orb a gem and risk it becoming useless, but what you are really looking for is the +1 level vaal effect to get arc to level 21.
I've lvled my Arcer in Beyond based on this guide, atm lvl 86 Shadow

Tooltip dps is 16.5k with 6pc and Crit Multi instead of PCOC in 6L (about 18k with conduit support running Vaal Haste)

Gear

I took Vaal Pact at lvl 82, right after i got like 5th close call against reflect beyonders which popped up :D

My lvling trees was like this (shadow-based):
20 PTS | 30 PTS | 40 PTS | 50 PTS | 60 PTS | 70 PTS | 80 PTS | 90 PTS

Witch vs Shadow:
As Witch you go up in tree, then go to Shadow area for damage and some life, ignore left branch to scion for a while.
Overall Witch is just 1 point better than Shadow imo, this mana regen + flat es... :)

Lvling gear i used is Goldrim, 2 x Lifesprig, Goldwyrm, Aurseize and bunch of hp+resist rares
Picked up 2 x Moonsorrow and Atziri's foible at lvl 50+

For further progress:
I would drop CoD if i find Pledge of Hands or BBBBBR Lightning Coil (don't crush my dreams, pls)
Last edited by ekunholy on Sep 11, 2014, 7:20:41 AM
"
Beholdd wrote:
"
Allexiel67 wrote:

yes, you can vaal orb a gem and risk it becoming useless, but what you are really looking for is the +1 level vaal effect to get arc to level 21.

newb question here. some corrupted gems have + 1 to 3 to the lvl. some goes to quality. is it just random chances? or is there a way to do it that makes it different?
Ign: Zanosaur
"
zanosaur wrote:

newb question here. some corrupted gems have + 1 to 3 to the lvl. some goes to quality. is it just random chances? or is there a way to do it that makes it different?

when you vaal orb a gem you can get a variety of effects. it's completely random which you get. there's nothing you can do to influence the outcome and it's suspected that the best effect, +1 level, has the lowest chance of any of them from occurring.

1. add 1 level to the current level of the skill gem. you can go over the normal maximum this way.
2. subtract 1 level to the current level of the skill gem. you can not go below level 1.
3. add 1-10% quality (up to a maximum of 23%)
4. subtract 1-10% quality (to a minimum of 0%)
5. turn the gem into its vaal counterpart, will retain the quality and level (actually the only way to get +20% quality vaal gems)
6. nothing will happen

you can only corrupt a gem once. note that after you corrupt a gem you can't flip the gem AKA turn in a level 20 gem and a gcp for a level 1 20% quality gem
Last edited by Beholdd on Sep 11, 2014, 7:35:46 AM
"
Beholdd wrote:
"
zanosaur wrote:

when you vaal orb a gem you can get a variety of effects. it's completely random which you get. there's nothing you can do to influence the outcome and it's suspected that the best effect, +1 level, has the lowest chance of any of them from occurring.

1. add 1 level to the current level of the skill gem. you can go over the normal maximum this way.
2. subtract 1 level to the current level of the skill gem. you can not go below level 1.
5. turn the gem into its vaal counterpart, will retain the quality and level (actually the only way to get +20% quality vaal gems)
6. nothing will happen

you can only corrupt a gem once. note that after you corrupt a gem you can't flip the gem AKA turn in a level 20 gem and a gcp for a level 1 20% quality gem

sweet! thx for the info
Ign: Zanosaur
"
Beholdd wrote:

6. nothing will happen

I never fully understood WHEN you want to attempt to corrupt a gem for the +1.

I have seen people waiting until level 20 but what is the purpose? Can you not level it anymore once it has the +1 corruption on it? What about getting it to level 20, then vendor recipe it to get a level 1 20% quality gem and then do it? Can you use GCP on a corrupted gem?

Or is having a 20% quality level 21 Arc gem not really all that important to the build.
"
Techneeq wrote:
"
Beholdd wrote:

6. nothing will happen

I never fully understood WHEN you want to attempt to corrupt a gem for the +1.

I have seen people waiting until level 20 but what is the purpose? Can you not level it anymore once it has the +1 corruption on it? What about getting it to level 20, then vendor recipe it to get a level 1 20% quality gem and then do it? Can you use GCP on a corrupted gem?

Or is having a 20% quality level 21 Arc gem not really all that important to the build.

You can only level a gem to 20 and you can't change it in any way if its corrupted. So you have to corrupt 20/20 or its a waste unless its reduced mana or auras where u dont need quality.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info