A Cold Crit Witch Guide 2.0 (RE-DONE!) Check it out!

So should i take the passive of merciless act 2 instead of the frenzy?
"
Lachis wrote:
Frenzy charges wont be worth it. A quality gem is better to obtain while taking more defensive, or dmg nodes.

I agree that spending nodes just to to gain 1 charge is not a good idea.
However, if the +1 Frenzy charge is on your path...

It's 5% Castspeed per charge. The only thing you haev to do is put one button before starting farming an area. For 15% (+5% for the merciless quest) with no drawback, it seems legit for me.
Last edited by Felkor on Feb 14, 2013, 4:40:47 PM
"
Felkor wrote:
"
Lachis wrote:
Frenzy charges wont be worth it. A quality gem is better to obtain while taking more defensive, or dmg nodes.

It's 5% Castspeed per charge. The only thing you haev to do is put one button before starting farming an area. For 15% (+5% for the merciless quest) with no drawback, it seems legit for me.

It should never be in your path as a cold crit witch.
reserving space for a massive edit post to OP.

Good work man I agree with 85% of your stuff. Thanks for helping out. Its hard answering everyones questions :(
"
Lachis wrote:
reserving space for a massive edit post to OP.

Good work man I agree with 85% of your stuff. Thanks for helping out. Its hard answering everyones questions :(

85%, want to hear about the other 15%, hopefully help out the guide.

With the questions, imagine how I feel. Post gets buried, I think it's done, 3-4 days later its back up with another 1-2 pages of questions :P.

I feel, that some people don't even bother reading the common question sections. Sigh, but what can you do?
IGN-Shibloble

Got some spare time? Come check out my youtube channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/Shibloble?feature=mhee
Last edited by shibloble on Feb 14, 2013, 10:42:22 PM
Alright so here we go:

1. Dont get throatseeker, DO get blood thirst. Get crit multi from shadow and arcane potency from templar. The reason is that if you want to use the Increased Critical Damage gem then you don't want to have a lot of crit multi already so it will be much more effective to use. For the same amount of points as throatseeker you can get both bloodthirsts.

2. Get body and soul if you are a hybrid, nullification if you are CI. Hybrids who wear armor gear will benefit hugely from Body and Soul, and the resists are worth it.

3. Armor: I don't think your opinion on armor is the best one. Dmg Reduction does diminish with greater hits, but against the bosses in this game you should never get hit. The things that are going to 1 shot you are chaos dmg, alchemists, explosions, stun locked chargers. You should stack armor regardless because not stacking armor as a non-ci character means that you could get killed by the "white" monsters AS WELL AS the spike dmg. The diminishing return is worth it. Something that is gonna 1 shot you will 1 shot you regardless (as you noted in your guide).

4: Support gems:
LMP is a must. There is a huge argument between this and GMP and which is better for Freezing pulse. GMP is harder to shock stack and if you dont have a big pack of mobs it does less dmg.

Faster Casting - if you have cast speed on gear and in your talent tree don't use this.

Cold pen - Use this if you aren't using faster casting.

Added chaos vs added lightning: You get more flat damage from added chaos. In order to do more dmg with added lightning you need to spec into static blows and have some cast speed.

Life leech vs mana leech - have both of them leveled and switch accordingly

Blood magic - Late game option when you want to maximize auras, must run life leech with this.

Iron will - if you are going a str build this would work

Faster projectiles - useless gem. Get a qual freezing pulse.

I don't like crit dmg or crit chance honestly since you are investing in your talent tree heavily in these areas.

5: I think the sample builds you posted are really squishy. Even in softcore at high levels people might still die and not gain any traction experience wise.

Here is another version of a hybrid build: The damage is slightly less, but the survivability is through the roof. Hybrid

I don't really like CI so I wont post a CI build.

Hopefully this helps some people get a different look :)
Skimmed through the first post, nothing else. Very well done, just one thing.

Fork doesn't work on any projectile spell. Projectiles only fork if they don't pierce and FP pierces all the time. So no fork (or chain) with FP.
CliveHowlitzer wrote:

I am now too addicted to that feeling of being kicked in the nuts when you die.
I finally went CI and it has been working out decently but chaos monsters only show up a few times during map runs. In retrospect, it was the far better option than going life/es mix in addition to getting chaos resists on gear.

This is essentially my final version of the build. I took your advice and avoided the upper left bloodthirst series of nodes(which in retrospect would have been a grave mistake) but ended up going for body and soul and the adjacent ES/Armor nodes seeing as its more efficient than going to the group of 5 ES nodes towards the center.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBAv4FQgVbB2MOSBBpES8RUBGWFr8XVBpsHdkfAiKBKU8snCy_MJc2xTmKOtg74UGWQsNDVEbXTdhPv1ZKVytdxl3yYG1tGXBScNV1in1Tf8aBb4IQgpuH24hCi3qLjIw2jHaOPI5klQSZmp2AnaOdrp48nqGiLqKjpwinK66zr5u0OLb3tvq71sHFwfPDbdQF1U_YJNrd3QXd895334TfsOFz4vfkIuUZ5oHrY-wY7DjtIPId8-r3pvv1_Ks=

At this point im going 2% cast , 2 % cast , 6 % cast and the rest into 5% spell power near witch starting point. Any advice on what i should spend these last 6 points on otherwise?
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Feb 15, 2013, 3:11:20 AM
"
Lachis wrote:
"
Felkor wrote:
"
Lachis wrote:

It should never be in your path as a cold crit witch.

I don't agree here, i'd like to know why that is.
IGN: Gahrlaag
Wiki - http://en.pathofexilewiki.com/wiki/Path_of_Exile_Wiki

Move de sync from de bathroom to de kitchen for better flow!
crisis solved.
TO deal with some squishyness endgame, do you think its perhaps worth it to sacrifice 40% mana regen, 30% ES cooldown recovery, and 8% cold damage to gain the extra 40% to energy shield from the other half of the circle under witch start like so?

Spoiler

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBAv4FQgVbDH0PxBBpEH8RLREvEVAWvxdUHNwigSycLKYsvy0fLUcwlzLRN2Y3gzmKO3w74UGWQsNEq0VHRtdQQlWuVkpXK1qmXcZd8mBtbRlwUnDVdYp8g31Tf8aCEIKbh9uIQot6i4yMNo48jmSOvo-mkyeVBJmanYCio6brpyuus6-btQS2hrb3tvq4k7jKu9bAUcHFwfPDbcaezfrUBdzH3fPfhN-w4XPi9-Qi6rrrY-wY7SDyHfPq96br7oRIPI4Bb1fJNAo=

By pure numbers it seems its not, but I guess it depends how much the es cooldown and mana regen is at say 60+.

I guess I am most annoyed right now (finishing act3 regular) by how hard it is to find and/or roll gear with good stats for a ci witch. Finding pure es gear is rare enough, every time I find a decent white with sockets I need or a wand ect, it rolls out with completely useless stats like hp regen str and armor...

My rangers gear is sick for her lvl and shes had great gear since 32 or so, but she can use pure evasion, pure armor, and a mix, and all I have to avoid is mana related bonuses as she is bm. Its not a problem with the build, I think its more a problem of the stats that can roll on pure es gear. ES gear is rare enough already ggg, giving it all kinds of non-witch bonuses on rolls is really really annoying...
Last edited by kuromahou on Feb 15, 2013, 3:25:29 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info