A Cold Crit Witch Guide 2.0 (RE-DONE!) Check it out!

"
shibloble wrote:

CI's tool tip used to read roughly "Your maximum life becomes one. You are immune to chaos damage. 50% maximum energy shield"
Now CI's tool tip reads "Your maximum life becomes one, you are immune to chaos damage"

This should say "+50% maximum energy shield" as it used to add 50%, not change it to 50%, which would have meant cutting it in half.
Invited to Beta 2012-03-18 / Supporter since 2012-04-08
"
VideoGeemer wrote:
"
shibloble wrote:

CI's tool tip used to read roughly "Your maximum life becomes one. You are immune to chaos damage. 50% maximum energy shield"
Now CI's tool tip reads "Your maximum life becomes one, you are immune to chaos damage"

This should say "+50% maximum energy shield" as it used to add 50%, not change it to 50%, which would have meant cutting it in half.

Thank you, amazed no one else said anything about that typo
IGN-Shibloble

Got some spare time? Come check out my youtube channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/Shibloble?feature=mhee
"
Nephalim wrote:
Is the only positive effect of CI immunity to chaos? it seems like such a big sacrifice to lose your life pool. I know in the past it used to provide an absurd amount of ES (50%????!) but now it provides zero added ES.

i have nearly 2 ES but i just dont see the value in losing about 700 health for chaos immunity.

Few other benefits as well. Such as extra flask slots, cheaper gear, more passives are free. Look at the pros and cons section
IGN-Shibloble

"
Cold Snap – For some strong ranged damage. Can be used for single target or small groups. Cannot be spammed.

Nitpick: If you have a way of generating Power Charges, this spell CAN be spammed. Regular friends using Conduit for example (as is my case) does the trick. The thing is, if you can spam Cold Snap, it is superior to every other Ice spell, imo; it is an absolute monster once levelled up to the extent I switched my entire Ice build around it, it's that good. Support it with Elemental Proliferation and you will keep the entire screen frozen most of the time.
Did you know level 91 is the halfway point to level 100? This means that a softcore character dying ONCE at level 85+ can lose many days of progress.
Hey, nice post. Just started playing and I've found this build What do you think? He gets a lot of evasion but I don't know if its better going into the templar path. And what are those frenzy green nodes?
Thanks.
"
bailorgana234 wrote:
Hey, nice post. Just started playing and I've found this build What do you think? He gets a lot of evasion but I don't know if its better going into the templar path. And what are those frenzy green nodes?
Thanks.

Not going to lie, I wouldn't follow that build if my life depended on it.

Frenzy does crap for casters. Frenzy nodes allow you to have an additional frenzy charge activated (default of 3, +1 for each node). Every frenzy charge adds additional physical attack damage and attack speed (NOT CAST SPEED). He also takes a FITNESS node and then CI.

The Shadow tree is AMAZING, if you don't derp and take useless nodes like that build does.
IGN-Shibloble

"

For the Chaos Inoculation users, I recommend you a Blood rage lvl 1.
With the extra Frenzy charge of the Shadow tree (was on my path for the second nullification node) and the extra Frenzy charge from bandits in Merciless, it is 25% fastcast.
Better than haste, and no drawback (the %life damage is deal as chaos, so with CI...)

I thought frenzy charges do not give cast speed...??

Is this a good step to do as quoted above or is he misinformed?

i am planning to go CI so is that the best route to take? GAHH
Last edited by Nevzat on Feb 13, 2013, 8:10:00 PM
First of all I'm pretty new to this game. I'm really digging this guide and how you left it open as opposed to saying follow this exact route. I was thinking about going CI and had a few questions. You don't mention Zealot's Oath. Is it not worth it? I realize you'd have to spend a few nodes to get there. Also with Ghost Reaver you mention looking for gear with with life leach. I was under the impression that that stat on gear only works for physical damage and to get it through spells you'd have to get the support gem. Finally, Which way would you go with the tree off the start? I'm assuming to the right to go for doomcast, CI eventually when ready to take it, and freeze. Thank you for the answers in advance if I get any :)
Frenzy charges give +5% cast speed and attack speed per charge.
Which is why blood rage is a fairly useful skill to have on a CI build because you can get up frenzy charges for free.
Last edited by TJDowning on Feb 13, 2013, 8:43:27 PM
"
lvl_5_Ninja wrote:
First of all I'm pretty new to this game. I'm really digging this guide and how you left it open as opposed to saying follow this exact route. I was thinking about going CI and had a few questions. You don't mention Zealot's Oath. Is it not worth it? I realize you'd have to spend a few nodes to get there. Also with Ghost Reaver you mention looking for gear with with life leach. I was under the impression that that stat on gear only works for physical damage and to get it through spells you'd have to get the support gem. Finally, Which way would you go with the tree off the start? I'm assuming to the right to go for doomcast, CI eventually when ready to take it, and freeze. Thank you for the answers in advance if I get any :)

Zealots oath is not that great, since how far away it is and, I, have been told by a few different people that life Regen is one of the most worthless stats. Assuming you have 30 health/sec (reasonable from items) it won't be that beneficial to your 2-4k ES shield compared to running away or ghost reaver.

With Ghost Reaver, I have not used it, So my info could be wrong about the stats.

With the tree, I myself went for doom cast, then spec'd into the templar tree for the reduced mana cost and resis nodes, then shadow tree. It's all up to you.
IGN-Shibloble

Last edited by shibloble on Feb 14, 2013, 1:40:46 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info