A Cold Crit Witch Guide 2.0 (RE-DONE!) Check it out!

Hey! I have a 42 level witch and after release patch I've decided to modify my build.

That is how i want to spend my points:

Main idea is to spam Freezing Pulse, sometimes Ice Spear (i don't own LMP yet), and curse my enemies with Temporal Chains and Frosbite.

Is this passive skill build viable? I'm not convinced yet whether i will go for Chaos Innoculation or not. I'm pretty sure that i will go for Steady Hands, cause sometimes i get interrupted while trying to freeze enemies and i have to flee.

Should i go for some health nodes? I've found some really nice passive nodes with 6%health+8%mana.

My gear consists of items that i have found myself, most of them are rare though.

I would appreciate your advice on my build!

"
CosaC wrote:

Stuff...

I'm not a huge fan of spending points on the curses unless you are a solo player. Usually there is someone else in your party that can curse, and if not, one is typically fine for each encounter you may come across in maps. It's not absolutely necessary to have enfeeble and ele weakness on the boss for example. I like moving into the templar tree as well since there are some real nice crit nodes and ES nodes. Here is the build I've been rocking for a long time.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAv4FQgdjDkgRLxFQEZYV1xXnFr8W8xdUF9gabB0UHwIigSY8KU8snCy_L502xTrYO-FBlkLDQ2NG10cGTdhWSlZjVytY9V3GXfJe-l9qYG1mT2aebRlwUnC7cNVxTXOzf8aBSYFvghCCm4auh9uIQot6jDaMdo48jmSPRo_6lQSZmprPnaOdrp3EnjyeoaKjpwinK66zr5uyOLUEtve2-rcxu9bAUcBUwcXB88Nt0DnVT9eG2CTZE9vn3fPed9-E37Di9-OE5CLmgetj7BjsOPBr8h3z6vem-tL8qw==

I've taken every amount of crit that is close to where I am currently on the tree. My ES is sitting right at 11k (though my gear is pretty good). This is also at level 90, but it's been effective for quite some time now. Crit is the only thing that matters of course, so it needs to be prioritized. I don't do crazy amounts of damage (6.5k per projectile, about 20k total DPS with lmp), but my crowd control is good and my survivability is excellent.
CosaC wrote:

"
Stuff...

I'm not a huge fan of spending points on the curses unless you are a solo player. Usually there is someone else in your party that can curse, and if not, one is typically fine for each encounter you may come across in maps. It's not absolutely necessary to have enfeeble and ele weakness on the boss for example. I like moving into the templar tree as well since there are some real nice crit nodes and ES nodes. Here is the build I've been rocking for a long time.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAv4FQgdjDkgRLxFQEZYV1xXnFr8W8xdUF9gabB0UHwIigSY8KU8snCy_L502xTrYO-FBlkLDQ2NG10cGTdhWSlZjVytY9V3GXfJe-l9qYG1mT2aebRlwUnC7cNVxTXOzf8aBSYFvghCCm4auh9uIQot6jDaMdo48jmSPRo_6lQSZmprPnaOdrp3EnjyeoaKjpwinK66zr5uyOLUEtve2-rcxu9bAUcBUwcXB88Nt0DnVT9eG2CTZE9vn3fPed9-E37Di9-OE5CLmgetj7BjsOPBr8h3z6vem-tL8qw==

I've taken every amount of crit that is close to where I am currently on the tree. My ES is sitting right at 11k (though my gear is pretty good). This is also at level 90, but it's been effective for quite some time now. Crit is the only thing that matters of course, so it needs to be prioritized. I don't do crazy amounts of damage (6.5k per projectile, about 20k total DPS with lmp), but my crowd control is good and my survivability is excellent.

Your tree doesnt have my much mana regen. I have problems with mana and i am spec'd into 140% mana regen. Also what do you do about str/dex nodes? Need dex for LMP and cold pen etc..
"
Jamaisme wrote:
CosaC wrote:

"
Stuff...

Your tree doesnt have my much mana regen. I have problems with mana and i am spec'd into 140% mana regen. Also what do you do about str/dex nodes? Need dex for LMP and cold pen etc..

I replied to your other thread but didn't see this response. Mana regen is lackluster and is hard to get a high enough regen to allow constant spam of FP. Mana leech is the only way to do it. I don't like using passives for regen and trying to find good gear (that has survivability / damage stats in addition to mana regen) is real tough. The only auras I run are purity and discipline. Haste is ok, but other auras don't add that much to what FP is trying to accomplish. Purity and disc are mandatory imo. And it's hard to use a third unless you dedicate more passive nodes for it. It's a trade off, but my current setup has been great for the parties I play with.
HeavyUnit could you post a build for around lvl 80 I would like to know what you would skip for around that level.

Also what support gems are you running on your FP?
What other spells/supports are you running?
IGN: psyotiks
Last edited by Psyotik on Nov 5, 2013, 4:48:32 PM
hey i just wanna ask if it is useless to use hatred for this kinda build?
"
newuser123456 wrote:
hey i just wanna ask if it is useless to use hatred for this kinda build?

Yes, Hatred scales off of Physical Damage, Freezing Pulse, does not do any Physical Damage and therefore Hatred would do nothing to boost it, Hatred would however boost Physical Wand Damage, like your Normal Attack, but I hope for your sake that you won't be using Hatred just for that.
Hi, what do u think about this build?

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABAecCcQSzBS0OPA_MFCAUTRRxGS4aOBpVHOcg8CfVJ-0pLjGeMgk1kjboOtg64T38QKBBP0GqROdKyE3YTeNQR1BQUeZUSVhjWK9Z818_YEthIWSjaHRqHmo7bEZuqnJscql07XgNeu98uHzZgW-C5ITviI-I8YqvjHaMz5ARkFWUoJ48nrmfy6IAplemZKcwp4SoGKloqW6sWayqtC-0-bXyud2-vMAaxFjG2MmY1I_YTdpi3sHfv-St51LnY-w47w7wH_Iv8kX2SPcy97746_4K_o8=

its good?
with my cold critter build i had power charge on critical linked to ice spear, which was nice, since i was always running around with 4 power charges

id like to know what the opinion of more experienced players on this is
Can someone experienced in ice witch post an updated passive skill tree build for HC. Thanks :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info