$$ [1.2.0] Emfx's Low Life Dual Flame Totem MF Witch

Just going to write some of what happened and some thoughts about the build:

You can totally ditch firepen and instead use culling strike since the dips lost is really not that much, and your heartbreaker-free culls will make you a loved person in groups. But still level that firepen since I'm lvl 66 and don't know what will happen later.

From what I've seen, leveling is easy with dual flame totems after 40 something(I don't remember when I started using them), and solo play is easy with shit gear. If you're going to do parties -which is my intention, you are really going to need that culling strike.
Or rather you can just use a 4 link with flame-cull-rarity-lmp as a separate totem setup for party play.

But I must say, survivability is becoming an issue since you NEED a lorica to really start speccing for ES(dropping life nodes etc). That vorici 5-linking is looking better each day lol.

AA should wait, it's a very late endgame item, since when you start using your second aura, you start having some mana problems. That's also the reason why you start getting many mana/reservation nodes late game.

Right now I have around 200 rarity with some normal items+stormsail, and build is starting to pay off with 2 stormsails and a rat's nest.

And also, call some runners for your piety runs, them tittybitches will destroy your totems, and you. It's not worth the effort and the loss of exp.

It's a fine build, worth playing.
Started yesterday, hit 56. Following the life build. Can't wait to transition to low life.

One concern ; with low life, low ES (budget gear, around 4~5k ES), no IR, no Grace,
and farely low lvl arctic armour, no MoM nor clock of defiance, would this build able to be
tank piety / dominus mobs / or just mobs in general from 66~70ish maps?

I was going to play some alced low level maps, but I'm kinda scared now
Strict upgrade to level 100 tree (and all trees using Alchemist)

Nice build by the way! I am using its variant on Standard right now, 328/60 without flask, 5k ES, 4100 LMP dps. Gonna post build and gear later, using US+IR+Grace because I felt way too squishy. I also might swap Haste for Determination for super tank version.
How does this compare to Grave_Intentions' flame totem build?

Here: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/979802/page/1
So I just did the switch to low life. Dps went up, but I dont have enough ES now. I'm at about 1200 es with a level 3 Discipline. I still need rathpith for that big jump in ES.

At this point I think I might have to wait to find gear on a different char, because this char gets 2 shotted with regular hits in Merci Docks now.

I have an aurseize, a Solaris Lorica, a redbeak, and wondertrap boots.

How is everyone else doing in terms of ES on their toons?
"
homer15908 wrote:
So I just did the switch to low life. Dps went up, but I dont have enough ES now. I'm at about 1200 es with a level 3 Discipline. I still need rathpith for that big jump in ES.

At this point I think I might have to wait to find gear on a different char, because this char gets 2 shotted with regular hits in Merci Docks now.

I have an aurseize, a Solaris Lorica, a redbeak, and wondertrap boots.

How is everyone else doing in terms of ES on their toons?

Even worse than that since I can't seem to find a decent ES hat and people on xyz are selling the few there for prices I don't want to pay. I really think that I'll be sticking to life for a while before swapping. I can barely run two auras as it is, and my resists are pretty awful so I think I'll need to fix that before going hard on blowing currency for ES.

Damage is still good enough for now, I think.
Last edited by JoeODanger on Aug 23, 2014, 11:30:03 PM
im running this build now, and i feel so squishy! i die all the time to tentacle misscreations one the way to piety, and they almost oneshots the totems to... i have max resistance and all that too :( oh and i havent changed to lowlife yet so it feels like when i do that im gonna be even more squishy
Im level 65 now, leveling was really really fast. But now as others i've got major survivability issue. My totems if there are large groups of aoe/ranged mob die really fast. If my totems die I die 'cause i have no means to defend myself or attack.

Iv'e used minion & totem resist, instead of faster casting, but dps are too low and totem get destroyed anyway. I play in solo, maybe groups are better.

Maybe i just should made some more levels and see where i can go.

By the way, i've tried some 66 maps and i got 3 full stash of rare... Piety dropped me 1,5 stash of yellow. First time playing a mf char but all the issue are worth the effort, never seen so many rares.

If someone wanna do some run i leave my ign: nonamejj
I have had almost no issues with this build following it basically verbatim. I would suggest though picking up two reduced reserved mana nodes for the aura around the 13 point respec time or else you can't actually run the auras without a +18 reduced mana gem. Otherwise pick up a cheap 5l armor piece and you should be good
Hey guys, sorry for the late response, my job has been crazy lately.

A big thing about switching to ES is having the gear ready for when you transition, as well as a gem leveled. A level 3 Discipline is only providing you with 1/3 of the ES a level 20 will give you. But by no means should you transition to low life when you only have sub-200 ES rares. Flat ES/+ES% is also huge on your jewelry, so craft it there if at all possible (find a good IIR/Resist ring and slap on flat +ES).

Playing with totems, and especially positioning totems, is just learned with time. Don't try placing your totems side by side in AoE groups, spread them. Also bait titty bitches into attacking one, and then place the second beside them - they are locked into their aim when they cast.

As for being able to do Piety/Dominus, you should not be getting hit by things in those fights, everything is avoidable. Dominus phase 1 mobs are burned instantly so they pose no threat, and all you need to do is avoid his smash. If you are having trouble with his lightning beam, bring a Topaz with you so you have 85% resist, you should not get stunned as it hits for multiple little hits. Piety you can just get her to transform to her flame form, pop a granite and a ruby, and she should die within seconds. The biggest thing is just getting those gems leveled up.
IGN: Emfx
Last edited by Emfx on Aug 26, 2014, 5:03:27 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info