$$ [1.2.0] Emfx's Low Life Dual Flame Totem MF Witch

"
Whorehunter wrote:
How are your gems linked up? Didn't see anything in the Google Document about what gems to link together. Might just be missing it.

Oops sorry, I added the Chest links and the weapon/offhand links. The rest of the links are still to be determined based on aura changes. As of right now, Discipline is going to be overpowered as hell, like... insanely overpowered. Breaking 8k ES should be really easy, considering there is an Incinerate guide that has him theoretically breaking 20k ES.

Purity of Elements will most likely be needed at first when we acquire an Andvarius. We will switch to two Andvarius when we are resist capped with our first. Being a little under resist cap doesn't hurt when farming, just stack fire/lightning for Piety and lightning for dominus. Resist flasks will make up the difference.

Purity of [element type] auras are most likely going to be nerfed in one way or another, so taking them is still up in the air or not. Haste most likely will be taken still.

But yeah, our 4L items will be for auras only as of now, but will most likely change with the aura changes. For now just anticipate one 4L being used for BloodMagic-ReducedMana-Clarity-Discipline and the other being used for ReducedMana-Haste-2 other auras. The third 4L may be able to be a CwDT setup with enduring/immortal/increased duration or something.

IGN: Emfx
Thank you much!
"
Whorehunter wrote:
Thank you much!

You're welcome, feel free to shoot any more questions to me either via PM or post on this thread.

I am leveling on Garena with the new Passive Tree and it is going extremely smooth with my theorycrafted tree. Spells from level 1 are INSANELY strong now even without the tree % increases, but with them I am clearing whole packs with a single Cold Snap (with no +1 weapons!). Flameblast got about an 18%ish nerf it looks like, but it still one shots whole packs at 2 stacks and 4 stacks against blue packs. Definitely still leveling with Flameblast so we can grab up those Fire nodes and not have to respec them later.
Sweet, nice of you to keep us updated. Yea someone made a thread on the different spells.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/994350/page/1

Ice spear is buffed hard. Fp seems to be a lot more valid aswell.
"
Illumine wrote:
Sweet, nice of you to keep us updated. Yea someone made a thread on the different spells.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/994350/page/1

Ice spear is buffed hard. Fp seems to be a lot more valid aswell.

Yeah, it's going to be hard to resist not leveling with cold spells. Flameblast is still trucking me right along though, still good. Like I said, on a new league I don't think I could come to grips with leveling as cold, then respeccing an additional 20 points out of cold nodes at level 50ish. That's a LOT of currency wasted in a new league (like, 2ex worth) just to save realistically a few hours off of your time to 60. If that.
Revised the 60 points skill tree link.
After playing the 1month race with 0 IIR char, i realized how MFing was important! :)

Thank you so much for the build.

I'm a 100% solo player, do you think this build can do solo mapping with the budget MF gear(solaris and stuffs) ? If possible, until what lvl maps? Around 73? 75?
I do enjoying farming piety and all, but I like doing high quantity maps because it's fun. And imo getting decent ilvl rares and selling them cheaply on xyz makes faster currency then farming for specific uniques from piety or dom. That's really my opinion though.

I just like doing maps with a bit of IIR/IIQ; for example, I was playing snapshot summoner, doing 75+ rare maps with like 160IIR 20IIQ,

If this build can do the same, it will make my day.

btw; your google docs guide is so clean and informative. Fcking love it.

one more thing, as a first character in the league, would you say solo mfing piety/dom/maps is better with flame totem? Or summoner?
I guess summoner takes up too many gems :(

Last edited by greensunggwa on Aug 17, 2014, 3:28:59 AM
Hey dude, real cool build with solid groundwork prepared. Thanks a lot.

How is the build in a 5-6 group setting though? Is the DPS enough? Any way to improve it without hurting its survivability or MF too much?

Also how long does it take for you to amass a good foundation of wealth (say 50 exalts) in a fresh start economy?

EDIT; Also is this Hardcore viable with Solaris Lorica start?
Last edited by elitedesolator on Aug 17, 2014, 10:53:40 AM
"
Hey dude, real cool build with solid groundwork prepared. Thanks a lot.

How is the build in a 5-6 group setting though? Is the DPS enough? Any way to improve it without hurting its survivability or MF too much?

Also how long does it take for you to amass a good foundation of wealth (say 50 exalts) in a fresh start economy?

EDIT; Also is this Hardcore viable with Solaris Lorica start?

In a 5-6 man group, you will want to just throw on a Heartbreaker and focus mainly on culling as the MF culler of the group. Your damage will still be decent (not near a full-dps build, but you will be able to hold your own). But for the most part, you're just there to MF cull for everyone else. You will still have roughly 26,000 to 31,000 LMP shotgun DPS at higher levels and 20+/20+ gems. The biggest way to increase your survivability is getting Q on your Flame Totem, as it will increase it's health along with the buffed totem health nodes on the tree in 1.2.0 (they are amazing now, like 20% more health on them!) and then getting your other gems quality ASAP, as Flame Totem has aggro and works almost like a taunt totem. Faster Casting / IIR you can just do the level 20 -> 20% if you want, it takes longer than to just GCP it up to 20% but it is much more effective on your wallet, especially when GCP are going for 1:4c early in the league and you are already struggling to get your Andvariuses and your Distillate, let alone your Shavronne's.

50 Exalts takes me roughly two weeks in a fresh economy, sometimes less, rarely more, depending on my drops. The main reason is because it takes about 2 weeks for enough Exalts to get into rotation in the economy for me to actually FIND the damn things to buy them!

Yes, Solaris can work with HC. I would highly suggest getting a Rathpith ASAP and focusing on your ES/Resists before worrying about getting Andvarius. You WILL have low ES compared to a lot of other builds, but you have the benefit of plopping totems down and staying back. Just be cautious of leapers/flicker strikers while leveling. After that, there is no reason at all you won't be able to steamroll Piety/Dominus with appropriate gem levels.
Last edited by Emfx on Aug 17, 2014, 12:35:56 PM
"
greensunggwa wrote:
After playing the 1month race with 0 IIR char, i realized how MFing was important! :)

Thank you so much for the build.

I'm a 100% solo player, do you think this build can do solo mapping with the budget MF gear(solaris and stuffs) ? If possible, until what lvl maps? Around 73? 75?
I do enjoying farming piety and all, but I like doing high quantity maps because it's fun. And imo getting decent ilvl rares and selling them cheaply on xyz makes faster currency then farming for specific uniques from piety or dom. That's really my opinion though.

I just like doing maps with a bit of IIR/IIQ; for example, I was playing snapshot summoner, doing 75+ rare maps with like 160IIR 20IIQ,

If this build can do the same, it will make my day.

btw; your google docs guide is so clean and informative. Fcking love it.

one more thing, as a first character in the league, would you say solo mfing piety/dom/maps is better with flame totem? Or summoner?
I guess summoner takes up too many gems :(

You can do 78 maps with a Solaris - we simply use that to not allow chaos to bypass our ES. You will want to play EXTREMELY safe, as your ES will be rather low, but your DPS will still be good, and you can stand back. The only thing that would potentially kill you without fast reaction is flicker/leaper mobs. If you're doing softcore, it will really help as you can take more dangers on your high quantity maps. I for one normally just transmute/aug/alt and regal if it's decent when playing hardcore.

This character won't have the insane DPS of say, Ghazzy's summoner, but you will be able to run 400IIR/60IIQ and still be doing 30k+ AoE DPS, which is far enough to do 78 maps solo.

I would say Flame Totem beats out Summoner in a new league just for the fact you don't need all those damn quality gems to really do much like you do with a summoner. You can start mapping with Flame Totem with a 3 link! Flame Totem is also flexible in it's sockets, allowing you to run CwDT setups, or self cast increased duration immortal calls, or simply level up other gems so you can sell them (like empower, enhance)!

And thanks for the kind words about my spreadsheet :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info