[2.2] Guide for Life based Crit Dagger Reave

"
Suzim wrote:
If I use a soul taker, the "Insufficient Mana doesn't prevent your Melee Attacks" will be applied to my MH attacks? If yes, should I use an 3rd aura of 25%,but with one? Maybe artic armour?

The best "aura" would be by far HoT. Together with CurseOnHit + Assassin's Mark you can free up one gem slot fom your 6L and use e.g. CritMulti instead for an additional DPS boost.

"
DrRaven900 wrote:
I have a requiest.. can you show your dps when you equip with Bino's ? because im sure 80% of the players cant get your mirror dagger and get that much dps.. THanks in advance

I used a Bino for levelling my Tempest toon and it was around 60k DPS at lv80ish.
Edit: This was with 0% quality lv 17-18 gems.
Pupicitas: lv. 100 Shadow
[2.1] Guide for Life based Crit Dagger Reave Shadow: /994474
EU Officer of Umbra Exiles: /732431
Last edited by candoerfer on Oct 1, 2015, 4:20:21 PM
Droping PCoC will not make the Power charge generation bad for boss fights ?
"
Suzim wrote:
Droping PCoC will not make the Power charge generation bad for boss fights ?

The power charge generation via CoH-AM setup is completely unreliable during boss fights, which is one of the reasons why I am not using a ST as off-hand weapon. For map clearing the benefits of HoT-CoH-AM (shock dmg multiplier, ctit multi multiplier, autobreaking pots) far outshine any other aura even if you disregard the PC part. Exchanging 1 gem before a bossfight does not seem like a huge drawback to me if you consider all the pros of this combo and even if you use it without exchanging PCoC, it is probably the best option.
Threw this build on an old shadow and I'm loving it. Two things:

1. In the event that people can't afford a Doryani's Catalyst for offhand, I'm actually having some success using a Dreadarc. Up to 10% attack speed, 5% movespeed, some fire resist, and most importantly it curses with Flammability on hit. Given that HoA adds so much to our DPS, that actually counts for quite a bit and it's the next best thing to Ele Weakness on hit from a pair of gloves.

2. Bino's is relatively lackluster because of VP, but I'm running both VP and Bino's at the moment with great success. Bino's is still very solid as a general crit dagger and Adder's Touch still synergizes with it.
"
ConsPark wrote:
Threw this build on an old shadow and I'm loving it. Two things:

1. In the event that people can't afford a Doryani's Catalyst for offhand, I'm actually having some success using a Dreadarc. Up to 10% attack speed, 5% movespeed, some fire resist, and most importantly it curses with Flammability on hit. Given that HoA adds so much to our DPS, that actually counts for quite a bit and it's the next best thing to Ele Weakness on hit from a pair of gloves. [...]

Since your offhand is an axe, you will never hit with it (you only attack with the dagger), so it's curse on hit effect will not apply to your attacks.
For this build vulnerability on hit is almost always a better mod than Ele Weakness. The only case where you would prefer the Ele Weakness corruption, is when your DPS is already quite insane and the damage boost from the curse would lead to reflect one-shots.
"
candoerfer wrote:
Since your offhand is an axe, you will never hit with it (you only attack with the dagger), so it's curse on hit effect will not apply to your attacks.
For this build vulnerability on hit is almost always a better mod than Ele Weakness. The only case where you would prefer the Ele Weakness corruption, is when your DPS is already quite insane and the damage boost from the curse would lead to reflect one-shots.

Flammability is indeed being applied to everything I hit. That's a fair point on the Ele Weakness / Vulnerability, though. Since this is focused on phys, is HoT curse on hit not appropriate? Am I better off manual casting?
"
ConsPark wrote:
"
candoerfer wrote:

Flammability is indeed being applied to everything I hit.

If you are cursing with flammability that means it's a global mod and not local on the axe, my bad.

"
ConsPark wrote:
Since this is focused on phys, is HoT curse on hit not appropriate? Am I better off manual casting?

HoT enables you to shock, which is a 50% multiplier regardless if you are a phys or ele build, so it is always useful. Apart from that, manually casting a curse can be a big strain on your mana pool.
I already have an acuity and a belly 6l,for the off hand a soul taker, only missing the main hand, you think is better a bino's or a ambusher of 20ex with 8.25 crit/1.8 aps/296pDps?
"
Suzim wrote:
I already have an acuity and a belly 6l,for the off hand a soul taker, only missing the main hand, you think is better a bino's or a ambusher of 20ex with 8.25 crit/1.8 aps/296pDps?

If you are asking what dagger is better DPS wise, it's the ambusher for sure. Considering the incredible cheap price of a Bino, I don't think the significantly higher investment of 20ex is worth it though.
you think this ambusher in specific don't worth for the price or you mean i should play bino's until i farm a mirrored one ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info