[2.2] Guide for Life based Crit Dagger Reave

"
N4Z wrote:
do you recommend to get Deaths hand as main hand or off hand wp? also, should i invest extra ex for decent deaths hand ( high Physical damage or crit chance? )or any roll will do the job?
Thanks.
Im using Bino with Sould Taker atm but gonna swap to Deaths hand for %30 chaos.

I think Death's Hand is overrated, since you will not be able to stun mobs in high lvl maps. Also, Unholy Might is actually rather weak as a high part of our damage comes from added elemental damage. Soul Taker on the other hand enables you to run CurseOnHit-HoT-Assassin's Mark, which enables you to drop PCoC for CritMulti/WED and additionally gives you the shock dmage multiplier.

"
masaruhirata wrote:
How do you sustain your whirling blades with faster attacks without a blood magic gem? I have trouble sustaining mana to use it so im using a blood magic gem but with vaal pact it reduces my hp too much without healing.

With the Mind Drinker node I have no problems to sustain WB (not using Fortify with it). I run out of mana on rare occasions though.
Pupicitas: lv. 100 Shadow
[2.1] Guide for Life based Crit Dagger Reave Shadow: /994474
EU Officer of Umbra Exiles: /732431
great guide. but how do you deal with mana issues? currently lvl 40
Read the post above you.

gear

Currently saving up for a belly of the beast and looking to buy a cheap boots upgrade. Got about 38k dps atm, without charges (without doryani's x 1.7). Any tips to improve?

talents
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYAAAYFtQceDPINjQ5IEZYVIBX2Fr8ZtCLqI_Yk_SaVKgsqOCzhLYMwcTB8MgE6Qj7PRwZHfklRSn1LeE2SUUdVS1b1XfJgQWHiYnlirGNwZU1qjGwIbIxwUnBWcNV944TZh3aJ04w2jX2Nv46KkBuVLpfQmhObJp2qotmjiqXLpn-nNKxmsNixs7IZtMW1SLk-vTa95r6nwJzC7MM6yBTPetN-1CPYdttu29Tb592o44Tjn-dU6NbtQe4O73rw1fGK8-r1b_aj9vz8xf_e?accountName=Djangooo&characterName=FEGANN
"
Howler87 wrote:
great guide. but how do you deal with mana issues? currently lvl 40

At level 40 your DPS is too low for mana leech to be of any significance. Therefore you still have to depend on a mana potion.

"
Djangooo wrote:
Read the post above you.

gear

Currently saving up for a belly of the beast and looking to buy a cheap boots upgrade. Got about 38k dps atm, without charges (without doryani's x 1.7). Any tips to improve?

talents
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYAAAYFtQceDPINjQ5IEZYVIBX2Fr8ZtCLqI_Yk_SaVKgsqOCzhLYMwcTB8MgE6Qj7PRwZHfklRSn1LeE2SUUdVS1b1XfJgQWHiYnlirGNwZU1qjGwIbIxwUnBWcNV944TZh3aJ04w2jX2Nv46KkBuVLpfQmhObJp2qotmjiqXLpn-nNKxmsNixs7IZtMW1SLk-vTa95r6nwJzC7MM6yBTPetN-1CPYdttu29Tb592o44Tjn-dU6NbtQe4O73rw1fGK8-r1b_aj9vz8xf_e?accountName=Djangooo&characterName=FEGANN

Throw a Blessed on your belt, the phys roll can't get much worse than what it currently is.
Also try to replace the Two-Stone ring with a ring that has flat Accuracy instead of the hybrid %Accuracy/Light Radius mod.
Since you are using the PCoC, you should really get the +1 PC from the tree.
Master of the Arena does not offer you anything (unless you desperatley need the +str), due to VP making life regen useless.
Heya Candoerfer,

The blessed is actually not so bad :D But the belt is terrible too, so I wasn't caring.. it will help. At the moment I'm at 90% hitchance, do I really need to go for another flat acc ring? Or can I invest in another kind of ring? Good idea on the PCoC, I was wondering if I should take it or not. The str talent is indeed for my lack of str on my gear atm. And the 8% phys bonus on the talent was more attractive than 10str. I'm going to get some str on my boots, and remove the talent.

Thanks for the tips.

Pst: your build really works great. Did three levels today, without dying. Not used to that on my shadow. I used to play CI flicker crit every league, but that build really got destroyed this time, so I looked into something new. I'm plowing through the maps like it's nothing, even though I haven't found a single 76 map yet, so I haven't ventured into the heavy stuff yet.

Cheers
"
Djangooo wrote:
Heya Candoerfer,

The blessed is actually not so bad :D But the belt is terrible too, so I wasn't caring.. it will help.

I wasn't sure at first wether I should mention putting additionally currency into the belt, since it is kinda bad. When I however realized that someone valued the belt high enough to put mastercrafted WED on it, I thought I could point out the option of blessing it.

"
Djangooo wrote:

At the moment I'm at 90% hitchance, do I really need to go for another flat acc ring? Or can I invest in another kind of ring?

Accuracy is important, since it is used for calculating crits aswell. I am not saying that you need a new ring now, but it is something to aim for mid-term (specially since the other stats are not that impressive either).

"
Djangooo wrote:

Thanks for the tips.

Pst: your build really works great. Did three levels today, without dying. Not used to that on my shadow. I used to play CI flicker crit every league, but that build really got destroyed this time, so I looked into something new. I'm plowing through the maps like it's nothing, even though I haven't found a single 76 map yet, so I haven't ventured into the heavy stuff yet.

Cheers

It's good to hear that you are enjoying the build. GL and keep reaving.
Hi! Thank you for posting your build here and helping guys :)
Can you tell me what will be better to use in off-hand with my dagger

?

This mace
or doryani's?
And second question why u dont take nodes in this area
Last edited by icexxx on Sep 12, 2015, 12:01:01 PM
Since you are using a Demon Dagger base, which has naturally high crit, I doubt that the crit chance mod from Doryani's will be of much use for you. Therefore the mace should be the superior option (critmulti > WED). The mana leech mod on it is however local, so you will not be able to utilize that sadly.
"
candoerfer wrote:
The mana leech mod on it is however local, so you will not be able to utilize that sadly.
Thank you) What about accuracy, its global or local on mace?
ign: trytowin
"
icexxx wrote:
And second question why u dont take nodes in this area
Spoiler

1) This build is already crit capped, so we don't need any additional crit nodes.
2) The life nodes are quite weak compared to some other clusters.
3) Travelling 4 points for a 10% iAS node is not worth it at all (and this build already has plenty of AS anyway).

"
ggrambo wrote:
"
candoerfer wrote:
The mana leech mod on it is however local, so you will not be able to utilize that sadly.
Thank you) What about accuracy, its global or local on mace?

Accuracy on weapons is a local mod aswell.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info