Lightning Buzzsaw CoC

"
aristona37 wrote:
Can we ignore power charges and build defensively? I have like 45% cc which seems enough, but I am really squishy so I would like to get iron reflexes or something. What do you think about it? Do you rely on level 70 chest to minimize incoming damage?

I'm currently level 59 and this is my gear:

Not running grace, hardly any life on your gear and no CWDT.

Also not using Cloak, but that is expected. Your problem right now is CWDT and life on gear.

45% CC, but what is your accuracy? Also you only have about 40% chance to gain a charge on a crit from PCoC and 50ish chance to cast on crit...

You will need the power charges. When I start racking them up it doesn't feel like they even matter until 3-4 are up.
"
Odoakar wrote:
"
Odoakar wrote:
I'm thinking of finally giving a CoC a try in the new league, and this build looks sweet.

Well, I gave this build a try, and my god, this is the most fun build I played in these 3 years that I've been playing PoE. The clear speed, the colors, the mighty highway of buzzsaws, ice spears, and freeze pulses...

I've went with the Cold variant of the build, as they are buffing Ice spear and FP, and didn't want to copy every single detail, and it's been amazing so far. Great clear speed, safe due to mob freezes and just fun.

I think 1.2 might even buff me, I'll be procing less, but both spells will be stronger and the passive tree will be better.

Gear
Spoiler

If I ever get a 6L, I'll slot a Cold pen. Also, need to add some mana/mana regen through masters, as I'm lacking in that departement a bit.

Ice Shot+Freeze Pulse CoC...oh boy. This build got ultra buffed. It absolutely demolishes everything.

The nerf to base ES is preventing me to run AA, but honestly, the build doesn't need it. Everything is perma frozen and just shredds to pieces. I really can't feel the difference from CoC nerf, it still seems to proc at around the same rate. But the spells...oh man, absolutely demolishes everything.

This build is the one that I take to 100.
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
How core are the lightning / cold damage nodes at the top of the tree for DPS? I'm undecided on cold / lightning at the moment and want to leave them out so I can switch between both setups! I'm level 81 at the moment and can pick up everything else while leaving them out but will that be viable considering there's no other spell damage in the build?
BigKnox
"
Odoakar wrote:
"
Odoakar wrote:
"
Odoakar wrote:
I'm thinking of finally giving a CoC a try in the new league, and this build looks sweet.

Well, I gave this build a try, and my god, this is the most fun build I played in these 3 years that I've been playing PoE. The clear speed, the colors, the mighty highway of buzzsaws, ice spears, and freeze pulses...

I've went with the Cold variant of the build, as they are buffing Ice spear and FP, and didn't want to copy every single detail, and it's been amazing so far. Great clear speed, safe due to mob freezes and just fun.

I think 1.2 might even buff me, I'll be procing less, but both spells will be stronger and the passive tree will be better.

Gear
Spoiler

If I ever get a 6L, I'll slot a Cold pen. Also, need to add some mana/mana regen through masters, as I'm lacking in that departement a bit.

Ice Shot+Freeze Pulse CoC...oh boy. This build got ultra buffed. It absolutely demolishes everything.

The nerf to base ES is preventing me to run AA, but honestly, the build doesn't need it. Everything is perma frozen and just shredds to pieces. I really can't feel the difference from CoC nerf, it still seems to proc at around the same rate. But the spells...oh man, absolutely demolishes everything.

Can I see your build ?? I have been thinking about running an Ice spinoff to this build as well would love to see what you came up with wit ice shot o_o.. I was thinking of possibly running glacial cascade as a proc as well.. but not sure how the dmg numbers would add up..
Last edited by Destreaga on Aug 22, 2014, 9:59:43 PM
"
De7rag wrote:
How core are the lightning / cold damage nodes at the top of the tree for DPS? I'm undecided on cold / lightning at the moment and want to leave them out so I can switch between both setups! I'm level 81 at the moment and can pick up everything else while leaving them out but will that be viable considering there's no other spell damage in the build?

I have most stuff except for those nodes atm because I'm somewhat undecided but am still leaning towards lightning. They'll boost your dps nicely but yea you can go without them for a while.
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Twitch.tv/Mathil1 streaming daily
Hey bro, got a link to your tree currently at your level? Trying to decide where to place my points next as I'm currently at the ~70 in your most recent level.
"
FINALBOSS wrote:
Hey bro, got a link to your tree currently at your level? Trying to decide where to place my points next as I'm currently at the ~70 in your most recent level.

I would be incline to ask the same thing, also.. I was looking at the tree and this build it seems has no means of self sustain at all .. no % life regen nodes or life on hit or anything lol, unless I am missing something??? Do you rely just on pots?
"
Odoakar wrote:
"
Odoakar wrote:
"
Odoakar wrote:

Gear
Spoiler

Quite interested in what your build tree and gems are.. and what were the steps you took when you were levelling. Plus bandits! :)
Eh, for the leveling I respeced my lvl 74 shadow, I think he used to be dual sporker. But I think you could cleave or spectral throw your way up to the point where you feel that you have enough crit for CoC.

Passive is basically Mathils lightning one, just changed to Ice spells.

lvl 77 passive tree

Planned lvl 95ish tree

Gear and gems:
Spoiler
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
"
Worldbreaker wrote:
"
aristona37 wrote:
Can we ignore power charges and build defensively? I have like 45% cc which seems enough, but I am really squishy so I would like to get iron reflexes or something. What do you think about it? Do you rely on level 70 chest to minimize incoming damage?

I'm currently level 59 and this is my gear:

Not running grace, hardly any life on your gear and no CWDT.

Also not using Cloak, but that is expected. Your problem right now is CWDT and life on gear.

45% CC, but what is your accuracy? Also you only have about 40% chance to gain a charge on a crit from PCoC and 50ish chance to cast on crit...

You will need the power charges. When I start racking them up it doesn't feel like they even matter until 3-4 are up.

Thanks for the reply - what other gems should I equip along with my CWDT?
IGN: Aristona

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info