Lightning Buzzsaw CoC

"
Worldbreaker wrote:

(Also ice has 3 good projectile skills, I am having much better luck running Arctic Breath+ Freeze Pulse+ Ice Spear, instead of cold pen. Really helps with the chance nerf.)

This may be a dumb question, but are you saying you're running the CoC piece now (not just the cold leveling build) and these ice skills are working well?
For the Ice variant of this build, what would you recommend for changing out gearwise. The Doryiani belt seems useless in that regard and maybe i would swap out the Lightning penetration for LL?
"
Griever114 wrote:
For the Ice variant of this build, what would you recommend for changing out gearwise. The Doryiani belt seems useless in that regard and maybe i would swap out the Lightning penetration for LL?

Doryani's invitation could spawn with Cold damage, too.
"
tanfodelmale wrote:
"
Griever114 wrote:

Also, if we were doing straight swaps, wouldn't you swap out Lightning penetration for Cold Penetration?

Though honestly, I haven't done the maths or testing enough to figure out the dps differences, there are many possible choices that would increase your dps here (or survivability if you wanted to use LL instead). Faster Attacks, a third spell (doesn't have to be of that element, though using same element will probably provide largest dps boost, could even be physical (EK)), elemental penetration of choice, Added (Elemental) Damage of choice, maybe power charge on crit if you wanted to only utilize a single attack instead of swapping to get your power charges (this results in a dps increase during the "ramp up time" but a loss of benefits a different gem could have provided after gaining power charge).
I've been thinking of doing something similar, but dual-wielding Ungil's Gauches. The tree would look something like this. It's probably tankier once geared up for spellblock, but I'm not sure about the damage.
Did I miss a cold variant tree somewhere? Looked through every page... :/

Ty for the guide as a whole, looking forward to it.
"
gildash wrote:

I dont think there was any specific guide. I think you just swap out Doryani's Invitation for a cold variant and switch out the spells.

At least that is what im assuming. Im just pissed that I need to make a new character now :P
"
Griever114 wrote:
"
gildash wrote:

I dont think there was any specific guide. I think you just swap out Doryani's Invitation for a cold variant and switch out the spells.

At least that is what im assuming. Im just pissed that I need to make a new character now :P

If you wanted to use as many of the same passives as possible, it also takes 1 more passive point to reach the code equivalent passives at the top of the tree as the lightning passives are directly above the path, and the code ones are 1 point to the right :P
Can we ignore power charges and build defensively? I have like 45% cc which seems enough, but I am really squishy so I would like to get iron reflexes or something. What do you think about it? Do you rely on level 70 chest to minimize incoming damage?

I'm currently level 59 and this is my gear:

IGN: Aristona
Last edited by aristona37 on Aug 22, 2014, 3:49:38 PM
"
Warranx wrote:
"
tanfodelmale wrote:
"
Griever114 wrote:

Also, if we were doing straight swaps, wouldn't you swap out Lightning penetration for Cold Penetration?

Though honestly, I haven't done the maths or testing enough to figure out the dps differences, there are many possible choices that would increase your dps here (or survivability if you wanted to use LL instead). Faster Attacks, a third spell (doesn't have to be of that element, though using same element will probably provide largest dps boost, could even be physical (EK)), elemental penetration of choice, Added (Elemental) Damage of choice, maybe power charge on crit if you wanted to only utilize a single attack instead of swapping to get your power charges (this results in a dps increase during the "ramp up time" but a loss of benefits a different gem could have provided after gaining power charge).

I think the reason for only taking 2 lightning skills and lightning penetration is because there are only 2 good lightning skills. The others aren't worth taking. When you go for the cold variant you have 3 options. In my 5 link I constantly switch between Freezing Pulse, Ice Spear and Arctic Breath. All 3 seem to be evenly good, but freezing pulse feels slightly better for maps with small rooms and for single target bosses.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info