Lightning Buzzsaw CoC

So I am considering this build for the new leagues and what do you guys think is a better starting position, Witch or Shadow?
Video guide answering all your shit

Watch the video to get answers to everything, it might be a bit long but it should cover all you need to know.

As a quick answer though, Witch and Ranger and pretty close together and Shadow is just a little less desirable. The differences are negligible though, pick whichever you wanna stare at for 90 levels.
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Twitch.tv/Mathil1 streaming daily
"
Firewolx wrote:
I'm not very aware of the current strengths of Cold Skill gems, but with Ice Spear increasing in damage by 87% and Freezing Pulse increasing by 40% and Cold Snap is increasing damage by 50%, do you have any clue how close the Cold version will be to the Lightning build? I know Ball Lighting gets buffed by 30% and Arc nerfed by 15% (which roughly cancel each other out right?) and the critical strike chance of the lighting spells will increase.

Cold should probably be good and fun too but I just have a personal preference for the lightning skills for clearing. They have their advantages and disadvantages so play around with skills and make a choice for yourself.
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
"
Mathil wrote:
"
Firewolx wrote:
I'm not very aware of the current strengths of Cold Skill gems, but with Ice Spear increasing in damage by 87% and Freezing Pulse increasing by 40% and Cold Snap is increasing damage by 50%, do you have any clue how close the Cold version will be to the Lightning build? I know Ball Lighting gets buffed by 30% and Arc nerfed by 15% (which roughly cancel each other out right?) and the critical strike chance of the lighting spells will increase.

Cold should probably be good and fun too but I just have a personal preference for the lightning skills for clearing. They have their advantages and disadvantages so play around with skills and make a choice for yourself.

I think the flavor of element you use will ultimately come down to preference.

Personally, if I decide to rock a CoC build like this, I'd be using cold spells for the early league just for their defensive properties when your gear is weak and you aren't CoC a lot--so every freeze counts. Course, you could look at that inversely and see it as you aren't CoCing a lot--so every bit of damage counts.

Preference. Preference. Preference.
In the video you told that it may hurt for people with not very good computers. Could you please post your computer specs so I can compare it to mine?
IGN: Aristona
Interesting build Mathil!

I've been testing this out with dual daggers, 64% crit chance pre charges, gems level 15 to 19.

Gear
Spoiler

Build (not optimized, was an old ST-CoC-AB-Fireball)
Spoiler

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAAAYFfQW1DkgRlhX2Fr8c3B6UI_YkPCaVJ6ko-jBxMHw0kzpCPI5JUUp9S3hOKlFHVUtW6lb6V8laSFptW69d8mHiYnlirGNwZ6BqP217cFJwu3DVdEF31311fyt_xoLHh3aH24w2jX2Nv5Mnk_yYrZ2jnaqnXKp_qrisP67PtAy0OLVItkG7476nwFHEosaizerQ7tN-1CPVT9aK1p3cV90N3ajed97244TlGed06NbquusU647uDu967-Pv8PPq96P56Pv1_Kv8xf66

I can absolutely demolish packs. Amazing.

But I cannot for the life of me do single target, which is going to be important with the new invasion bosses, rogue exiles and piety/dom farming. It takes forever since LB doesn't shotgun.

I've been playing wand barrage coc EK Arc Pcoc and that combo demolishes single target, and sprays groups with no penetration like LB however(facetank Dominus with no leech, just flasks).

How would you suggest single target for less than min-maxed gear going Lightening? With frost variant I can shotgun arctic breath and I'm sure it would do fine. But I love your Arc/LB concept.

Thanks

EDIT: I know I don't have lightening damage nodes, but all else being equal if I need those for single target, it is not efficient. swapping out LB for a lvl16 fireball I can shotgun facetank Dominus in 20% of the time LB would take to bring him down. Just for testing purposes.
Last edited by Dakilula on Aug 20, 2014, 5:23:36 AM
"
aristona37 wrote:
In the video you told that it may hurt for people with not very good computers. Could you please post your computer specs so I can compare it to mine?

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz
AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series
8 GB memory

My system is a little bit overkill for a spec like this but helps to run most everything pretty smoothly. I bought this stuff maybe a year ago or so.

"
Dakilula wrote:
Interesting build Mathil!

I've been testing this out with dual daggers, 64% crit chance pre charges, gems level 15 to 19.

Gear
Spoiler

Build (not optimized, was an old ST-CoC-AB-Fireball)
Spoiler

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAAAYFfQW1DkgRlhX2Fr8c3B6UI_YkPCaVJ6ko-jBxMHw0kzpCPI5JUUp9S3hOKlFHVUtW6lb6V8laSFptW69d8mHiYnlirGNwZ6BqP217cFJwu3DVdEF31311fyt_xoLHh3aH24w2jX2Nv5Mnk_yYrZ2jnaqnXKp_qrisP67PtAy0OLVItkG7476nwFHEosaizerQ7tN-1CPVT9aK1p3cV90N3ajed97244TlGed06NbquusU647uDu967-Pv8PPq96P56Pv1_Kv8xf66

I can absolutely demolish packs. Amazing.

But I cannot for the life of me do single target, which is going to be important with the new invasion bosses, rogue exiles and piety/dom farming. It takes forever since LB doesn't shotgun.

I've been playing wand barrage coc EK Arc Pcoc and that combo demolishes single target, and sprays groups with no penetration like LB however(facetank Dominus with no leech, just flasks).

How would you suggest single target for less than min-maxed gear going Lightening? With frost variant I can shotgun arctic breath and I'm sure it would do fine. But I love your Arc/LB concept.

Thanks

EDIT: I know I don't have lightening damage nodes, but all else being equal if I need those for single target, it is not efficient. swapping out LB for a lvl16 fireball I can shotgun facetank Dominus in 20% of the time LB would take to bring him down. Just for testing purposes.

Well one thing I notice is you really should be using PCOC on a separate gem setup so you can throw in lightning pen which helps your BL/arc quite substantially on single target. Otherwise your attack speed looks a good bit slower than mine due to no quality on gems (-20%), none on gloves (-16%), slower daggers (-many %) and as well your accuracy doesn't look like it's too super. All that adds up to far less procs than what I'm experiencing.

It works for me well enough but all that said, if you really want the single target deeps you gotta make changes for the boss fights. Just before zoning into a 78 dominus fight I'll sometimes sub BL for arctic breath or remove my gmp for faster attacks, etc. I'm at the point where I kill fast enough that I don't really bother doing that. Good news is though with the expansion BL gets 30% more damage and 1 extra crit, with all the extra ele/light damage my spec is taking single target should be alot stronger without subbing any gems out.
Thanks for the build! I'm going to try something similar out in 1.2 Question since you already have experience with this build: what are your thoughts on changing out Ondar's Guile for Iron Reflexes?
I am going with the ice variant. They also capped shock so it is only 50% more damage instead of a max of 90%. (3 stacks)

"
Shock and Shocked Ground have been changed so that they cause 50% increased damage taken (rather than 30%) but no longer stack. They do not stack with each other either. "Cannot Be Shocked" now prevents players being affected by either Shocked Ground or Shock itself.

Thank you so much for this build, I will try it out. Haven't ever played a Cast on Crit character yet!
Last edited by Worldbreaker on Aug 20, 2014, 1:28:17 PM
"
antiwar wrote:
Thanks for the build! I'm going to try something similar out in 1.2 Question since you already have experience with this build: what are your thoughts on changing out Ondar's Guile for Iron Reflexes?

Feels bad man. Without stun immunity and having such low life, IR will feel pretty bad because everything hits you constantly which feels even worse because we have MoM from the chest so your mana pool will constantly be getting depleted whereas evasion synergises perfectly with it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info