Lightning Buzzsaw CoC

"
Mathil wrote:
Uh yea... your dagger doesn't have high base crit which is what your entire crit chance is based off of. You want 9+ on your dagger and 1.8+ APS

I see. So a dagger like yours is how much in ex? I don't really want to buy the crazy expensive one~
IGN: Rainku_Arc
"
rainku wrote:
"
Mathil wrote:
Uh yea... your dagger doesn't have high base crit which is what your entire crit chance is based off of. You want 9+ on your dagger and 1.8+ APS

I see. So a dagger like yours is how much in ex? I don't really want to buy the crazy expensive one~

They go for a couple of chaos in the leagues, but no-one seems to sell worse than 6-t1 gear in standard so have fun forking out several mirrors.
I'm wondering how CoC builds are going to be after the nerfs to CoC gem. What do you think? 20% is quite harsh. I've got myself a CoC wanderer and tbh it's the only char that looks really fun to me. I wanna try this in the new league.. but I think the CoC base nerf is really hard.
Can you compare Ball Lightning to AB ? I was looking at Muir's ST COC AB+Arc whit Shavs and its damn crazy..Uber killer :D
"
maczor wrote:
Can you compare Ball Lightning to AB ? I was looking at Muir's ST COC AB+Arc whit Shavs and its damn crazy..Uber killer :D

The current path problem is elemental reflect, ice or lightning aura + potion resistence. Max. two auras 60% more one 40% (elem. Defense), a single element skill (ball + arc), makes you imune dead to reflect.
Last edited by wagdemol3 on Aug 16, 2014, 12:31:23 PM
Hi,

Is it a gear dependant/expensive build, and can I use this build at around level 60? I would like to try it on new 4 month leagues.
IGN: Aristona
Would like to see some more map videos, perhaps some in a party as well.
Player since closed beta 2012. Full system specs: https://pastebin.com/c4rvbvSR
'Tongueslurp the Unspeakable' - skeleton archer in Fellshrine Merciless
"
Odoakar wrote:
I'm thinking of finally giving a CoC a try in the new league, and this build looks sweet.

Well, I gave this build a try, and my god, this is the most fun build I played in these 3 years that I've been playing PoE. The clear speed, the colors, the mighty highway of buzzsaws, ice spears, and freeze pulses...

I've went with the Cold variant of the build, as they are buffing Ice spear and FP, and didn't want to copy every single detail, and it's been amazing so far. Great clear speed, safe due to mob freezes and just fun.

I think 1.2 might even buff me, I'll be procing less, but both spells will be stronger and the passive tree will be better.

Gear
Spoiler

If I ever get a 6L, I'll slot a Cold pen. Also, need to add some mana/mana regen through masters, as I'm lacking in that departement a bit.

„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
"
maczor wrote:

I prefer Ball lightning for clearing maps and general aoe because it goes over ledges, through grates etc. while Arctic breath is superior for single target by a good margin it lacks by getting stuck on many things when shooting. I just prefer a all lightning spec atm but swapping a few spells around for certain situations is certainly optimal if you want to do so.

"
aristona37 wrote:
Hi,

Is it a gear dependant/expensive build, and can I use this build at around level 60? I would like to try it on new 4 month leagues.

I don't think it's terribly gear dependent except that the way I'm running it you need to find 1% lightning leech from somewhere. Otherwise a cloak of defiance goes a long way while it may not be entirely essential and you can go without 1 for a while. A crit/speed dagger will depend on how popular other specs are I think as far as how easy it will be to get one.

I don't know when the build comes into its own yet. I specced a lvl 80 char with this as my first try and it worked well. I'm in the process of leveling a char right now to see how well I can level it with a similar spec and when I can efficiently transition to CoC.

"
Zedda wrote:
Would like to see some more map videos, perhaps some in a party as well.

I'll try get a few more up shortly. Wasn't aware people needed to see any more :)
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Twitch.tv/Mathil1 streaming daily
"
Odoakar wrote:
"
Odoakar wrote:
I'm thinking of finally giving a CoC a try in the new league, and this build looks sweet.

Well, I gave this build a try, and my god, this is the most fun build I played in these 3 years that I've been playing PoE. The clear speed, the colors, the mighty highway of buzzsaws, ice spears, and freeze pulses...

Yep, to each their own. You can use the basic spec/gear as a skeleton and sub in whatever spells you want. I've found many variations to be highly effective. I too think this may be the funnest spec I've played/made. Really need to see how the new league plays out and hopefully we can get it going there too ;)
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Twitch.tv/Mathil1 streaming daily

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info