Save up forever for a crown of eyes. Get shit all over.

"
Veruski wrote:
"
sidtherat wrote:
logic/stuff

while you are right about the technical aspects here, there's other problems.

you're basically assuming GGG is being honest about their reasons, rather than just making up excuses for what they have done.

it's quite likely that, for example, legacy items were created to enrich their friends and core elements of their playerbase.

this would make them happy, no? more likely to stick with PoE and tell their friends to play. and if they are already the kind of player who logs thousands of hours, all the better...lol.

the developers of games enriching their friends and fans in the virtual worlds they create has a long LONG tradition dating back to MUDs.

...it's especially common with smaller companies...

This is something i havent touched just because this and their very very lax approach to rmters being on the top of ladders nicely goes together..
I heard Chris learned Mandarin because he can easier communicate with all his transnational employees this way. Everything makes sense now. King of RMT confirmed.

Spoiler
对不起 Chris...
Last edited by Nightmare90 on Aug 11, 2014, 8:04:19 AM
"
sidtherat wrote:

Why not make your own ARPG. It's just some coding and putting pretty graphics on.
Then you can de-legacy all the items you want.
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
"
Sneakypaw wrote:
"
sidtherat wrote:

Why not make your own ARPG. It's just some coding and putting pretty graphics on.

Obviously it doesn't pay well enough.

This is why there are secondary income sources.
If I were to entertain tinfoil hatness I'd entertain the idea of ggg having their own RMT shop why they DO bother banning bots but DON'T bother banning buyers of rmt, the idea they make legacies or not to make their top players happy is meh at best when they could you know just make them drop a mirror every 10 days and achieve the same effect. What I'm thinking is closer to the truth is they have only one competent programmer in there and they keep him chained up in a basement and he can churn out code only so fast especially when he is wasted on completely mindboggling useless if not counterproductive things like PvP spectator mode instead of making you know that trading system that was promissed 2 years ago that is also coming soon even next patch that being a year ago I'm not even gonna mention desynch since that boat sailed loooong ago.
"
Sneakypaw wrote:
"
sidtherat wrote:

So you have nothing to say and yet you try? Next time address the technical stuff youve obviously missed. And basid db operations are basic db operations in arpg or in telecom. Domain knowledge means nothing in this case. It is db stuff. Not arpg stuff.
"
sidtherat wrote:
"
Sneakypaw wrote:
"
sidtherat wrote:

So you have nothing to say and yet you try? Next time address the technical stuff youve obviously missed. And basid db operations are basic db operations in arpg or in telecom. Domain knowledge means nothing in this case. It is db stuff. Not arpg stuff.

I give a rats ass about your technical stuff as long as you didn't actually work at GGG.
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
As usual, no one actually listening to what Mark said and instead making their own fantasy ideas of how the game works and how they change items. He explained everything there and people are still like "I don't buy it".... are you really that fucking dense?
"
dandan88 wrote:
As usual, no one actually listening to what Mark said and instead making their own fantasy ideas of how the game works and how they change items. He explained everything there and people are still like "I don't buy it".... are you really that fucking dense?

more like: are you really so dense to believe that there isn't more than one way to skin a cat?

you could balance CoE by changing it numerically rather than mechanically.

kaoms could have been balanced by changing it mechanically rather than numerically.

etc.

the choice either way seems to be somewhat arbitrary.

then there's the quite obvious fact that GGG has a history of either never giving advance notice to the public at large for these changes, or very little notice. then there'es the fact that some people DO have advance notice, and are set to profit vastly from it.

soooo hmmm. what are we to conclude?
Last edited by Veruski on Aug 11, 2014, 9:17:25 AM
Whole thing's pretty gross. I never even got to use the CoE I bought, because I was saving up for a good dagger. Also bought a 6L shav's I wouldn't have bought otherwise. Should have been pretty fucking obvious that an ES item that lets you scale attacks with spell damage would have been used with pain attunement and Shav's. Think about that shit before you introduce it into the game for people to waste their currency on next time.
@UnfairMonopoly

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info