[1.3.0 HC] Zaun's Level 100 Blood Magic Dual Crit Flame Totem (Atziri HC Capable, 200k+ shotgun dps)

SPorkTots
Last edited by B_L_3_E_D on Dec 13, 2014, 6:26:16 PM
haha just turned 32 in new hc league and DING found Tabularasa xD
"
B_L_3_E_D wrote:

Tree looks fine for the most part.
You missed to grab throatseeker Crit multi wheel.
Also Ironwood is worth taking with the 14% summons speed node on the way,

Mostly what you need is lvl 20/20 gems in your 6linked maxed out, maybe even 21/20 on added chaos and flame totems, those benefit a lot from level.

Same goes for Heralds, if you can make an lvl 4 empower work on them it will help a lot aswell.

Gear looks otherwise very formidable!
Got to rank 28 in US-STD 1v1 Open using flame totems, total PVE spec.

It seems to do pretty well, but there are hard counters:

1. Tempest shield: Since flame totem is many small hits, they just insta die.
2. Large AOE poison arrow: No way to increase totem chaos resist so they die in 0.004 seconds, and there's no safe place to put them if the area is blanketed via increased aoe/increased duration.
3. Aegis Aurora: Again, since flame totem is many small hits.
4. CI: Very difficult due to ~40% of totem damage being chaos.
5. Arc: Auto targets, opponent can stand still and spam, kills totems outside of totem activation range and if you manage to get close enough to place one beside the opponent, it just dies instantly or gets stunlocked while the opponent continues to blindly spam arc.
6. Summon raging spirits: Totems don't target spirits, but spirits target totems, so totems die. Spirits chase you across the map, so you die. Very hard to win if the spirits are extra speedy and the opponent has good mobility.

Some of these may be easier with gear swaps, i.e. block reduction gem vs aegis or tempest shield, swapping out mantle and added chaos vs CI, maybe trying a +3 fire SRS 6L on weapon swap and spamming your own raging spirits faster vs SRS builds (either using spell echo, or 1-2 spell totems with SRS).

Edit:
Currently #3 in US-STD 3v3 Open. Was #1 for a short amount of time, but then hard counters emerged (#1 and #4 are currently poison arrow, #2 is arc).
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
Last edited by Vhlad on Dec 14, 2014, 9:41:55 PM
Is there a 1.3 version of this build available. Thinking of playing this crit version instead of expjah's for this league.
@tyran so u got a 1.3 optimized build?
IGN: OP_Split
GMT +8
hi can we have a updated skill tree 1.3? pls. any1
Hey guys,

I was a little out of it recently, burned out on PoE so I'm taking a break for a little.

I will be checking forums occasionally but not as frequently obviously.

Here a 1.3 Tree that I think i use currently

https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMAghDfsCycSbIC4welQZYFQtD1rrNMswQHOlhVxoPbrJiPRpuh99f60h0Utvr3po5k42oWbzbpJKpmnljlKhOj8lorwBqQVRo47DgnL4KbmjvVpu08ogDhcwSzwGbwH-oY9zJyqayqWfPPfnasggclvN-_Djz2rnhpLKdfPxQglSAtH6KjwfN_xhGWSVHw1ZUuBx7yHWSd6_WP-l3yDkhwUonTcNW1SPPqKgsfQQYjFr8DHgdjy73mgYw2uMo7fA_Ens2nMAHnvJ8UTRiROlJVtcEE-OsUcdl87w5xhfMRsUI=

Obviously for new leagues there are resist nodes to grab in the marauder area that will help leveling new characters so dont hesitate to get them, just like the 30 Dex nodes for temporary gain.

I'm currently not sure how many points should be invested in the left part of the tree before moving into the shadow area but as a rule of thumb try to be efficient with life nodes and dont pick 4% effective life nodes when it comes to leveling. Focus on juicy clusters that are on the highways and try to get to the Shadow "U" area fast.

What I can hugely recommend is the Celestial punishment and Elementalist with Added lightning together with assasins mark for early leveling.

The shocking feels very consistent and doesnt require to get 3 Dragons early, maybe even stay away from it all together if you can get a decent herald of thunder going and maybe swapping to added chaos.

Its a budget option but an effective one.
Also good job on the PvP.

I didnt try to optimize yet to much for it, and Flame totems do have obvious weaknesses but its still a very fun build to do PvP with. There is definitally room for skillfull play from my short experiences.
Thanks Tyranastrasz for the updated 1.3 skill tree.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info