[1.3.0 HC] Zaun's Level 100 Blood Magic Dual Crit Flame Totem (Atziri HC Capable, 200k+ shotgun dps)

"Fixed a bug with The Three Dragons where dealing both fire and lightning damage in the same hit would contribute both values towards shock chance."

:O
o boy, crit multi nerf too strong? I'm still gunna try it I think, but man this sounds like it really hurts....
Shaper is not enough for a mana based version. In fact, marauder is a rather poor choice for non-BM.

I don't think having totems benefit from defensive auras is a game changer either. For mana-based you're still going to want to use heralds, and if you start reserving more for other aura's you'll be low mana and unable to use infernal mantle. I also think if you're going mana based, it's better to invest heavily and go legacy cloak of defiance + eldritch battery (optimal gearing would require diamond rings with cast speed and mana regen - for new leagues, gearing for blood magic is easier).

Defensive options for totems aren't necessary either, since you'll just resummon them (which is why, when taking ancestral bond, we take totem placement speed instead of totem damage).
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
Last edited by Vhlad on Dec 12, 2014, 10:04:11 AM
I aggree, if going for a mana version you should go CoD, because you wont be able to make use of enough reservation buffs with infernal mantle.

And regarding the defensive aura change, I dont think either that this will do anything major for totems.

It might be interesting to see how tanky they can get with purity of ice against beeing frozen, and purity of fire against atziri flame blasts, but for the most part its irrelevant.

The crit multi nerf hits hard, but on the other hand the new spell and ele nodes are quite decent, gonna be interesting if it will be a net nerf or buff after that patch but I assume it has to be overall a nerf, 100% crit multi loss just stings very hard.
Decided to take the opportunity and try to attempt uber atziri before the patch hits to have some frame work.

Everything went better then expected!

Can't unfortunetally prove it was deathless but I made a screen shot

I dont know if I will be able to record a run as my settup is absoltely at its limits and I had moments of 1-2 fps at atziri. Untill I will be able to fix that issue somehow i need to think twice before I start recording.
Nice, grats.

pre 1.3 crit flame totem uber viable!

All-out DPS? No shield, no fire pots, no enfeeble, no self-cast immortal call. Just deeps.

Were there any item swaps?
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
Nah not really. I packed a 3rd Health pot with bleed removal in but Honestly just tp' in and out after finishing a split phase was the key.

Naturally its safe to say that if any flameblast hits me im done for, so i figured that getting fire res pots wont actually save me. Basically diamond flask dps the split phase down and stay alive in the mono phase.

The Single spear in the Single phase gets me to about 10-15% , the cwdt prevent from the bleed to kill me immediatelly, so i can pot up.

So yeah not exactly save in terms of HC viabilty but I never expected that to be. Normal atziri is HC viable and Uber reasonably farmable on SC, thats all i wanted to achieve in the end.

I'll use the new leagues to farm currency for a couple of mirrors and then finalize the character.
hello, new to this build. any1 have a link to 1.3 patch skill stree or something similar?
"
Tyranastrasz wrote:
Nah not really. I packed a 3rd Health pot with bleed removal in but Honestly just tp' in and out after finishing a split phase was the key.

Naturally its safe to say that if any flameblast hits me im done for, so i figured that getting fire res pots wont actually save me. Basically diamond flask dps the split phase down and stay alive in the mono phase.

The Single spear in the Single phase gets me to about 10-15% , the cwdt prevent from the bleed to kill me immediatelly, so i can pot up.

So yeah not exactly save in terms of HC viabilty but I never expected that to be. Normal atziri is HC viable and Uber reasonably farmable on SC, thats all i wanted to achieve in the end.

I'll use the new leagues to farm currency for a couple of mirrors and then finalize the character.

You're farming currency for a couple of mirrors? Given the current prices, that would take some work, or am I missing something?
"
timbo1959 wrote:
"
Tyranastrasz wrote:

You're farming currency for a couple of mirrors? Given the current prices, that would take some work, or am I missing something?

It definitally will but its easier to farm for mirrors in temp leagues as they have less then 1 third of the value there and other gear is has more value to sell, so all in all it should be easier.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info