MMORPG.com Reveals: Catarina, Master of the Dead and Rampage League

Hopefully there's more to Rampage league than just that. A league with buffs seems kinda backwards considering they are called challenge leagues.

Seeing many new skills; I think there were 3 shown in the video? Looking forward to that.
I wonder if Hillock-Senpai will notice me when I go to town??
Not sure obviously since I can't play it yet, but I think people might be a little mistaken about how Rampage will play out.

Conceptually I don't think it's going to favor aoe heavy builds more than single target builds (though I'm not sure who actually plays without any aoes at all >.>). Theoretically it will actually be a better improvement for less aoe builds. Think of it this way. Aoe builds are going to run up to a group aoe it down and move on. The benefits from novas and such might help them a bit, but it's mostly whatever. But for a single target character you're actually gaining aoe out of it... So your clear times are going to go up.

As far as this breaking slow builds... I don't really understand that. You'll grow faster in movement, faster in attacks (I assume also cast speed), AND you'll grow stronger. If you're worried that you're going to go through mana faster because you're attacking more frequently... that doesn't really make sense. Mobs still have a certain amount of health. If you kill a mob in 5 hits, it doesn't matter if those 5 hits are delivered over 3 seconds or 2 seconds... it's still 5 hits. Faster is just an improvement. PLUS it said you'll get stronger... So as your killstreak grows you should do more damage meaning less hits and less mana. This is all an improvement for any build... Unless I'm massively misunderstanding something.

----

My biggest concern is the aoes. How will they work with reflect packs? I am hoping that GGG will make you not take reflect from aoes that you get from Killstreaks. Otherwise that could complicate things.

Regardless I think the whole thing sounds fun. It honestly doesn't seem like it's going to change play styles much at all. Just going to make everything better as long as you keep moving.

I'm also curious as to whether those spiders/skeletal rhoas were a new summons or just a part of the Mission? Interesting. I would assume part of the mission. We shall see.
Last edited by Kajakfaucon on Aug 7, 2014, 10:49:05 AM
"
Fleshdancer wrote:
Sounds pretty fun.
But who cares about Softcore? Gimme Gimme Beyond info pls!

Lots of people care.

This is the kind of comment that perpetuates divisions.

Enjoy playing the game the way you enjoy playing it.

Let everyone else enjoy playing the game the way they enjoy playing it.

There is no wrong way to enjoy playing the game.
God_of_Thieves_LLD_PVP__I hate the Labyrinth
"
Fleshdancer wrote:
Sounds pretty fun.
But who cares about Softcore? Gimme Gimme Beyond info pls!

Beyond = global poorjoy mods :)

i hope they increase the difficulty a bit more 1mhc was soso
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
Last edited by ventiman on Aug 7, 2014, 11:00:39 AM
So, I'm not particularly thrilled about Rampage.

I do mostly play by myself, but every once in a while I get the craving to kill stuff with other people. Usually, it goes like this:

Antnee joins group
Antnee joins map
Everyone is running around like a bunch of unfocused idiots
Antnee leaves group

My concern is that Rampage is only going to make grouping a bigger headache, and only encourage people to just stack move speed and not stick together. I like grouping when grouping means coordinating your efforts, or building your characters to complement each other. This game mode only seems to do the opposite.

There are a few other issues I can see with this. Namely, you'll now be "punished" for stopping to roll strongboxes, loot, or do anything other than blaze forward at mach speed.

GGG, please don't forget that there are those of us who enjoy chewing their food.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
Liking the body totem; I'm guessing someone there watches Hannibal.
Saved
Tornado shot looks awesome, thanks for the close up. Cannot wait to make a new bow build :D.

"
Antnee wrote:

My concern is that Rampage is only going to make grouping a bigger headache, and only encourage people to just stack move speed and not stick together. I like grouping when grouping means coordinating your efforts, or building your characters to complement each other. This game mode only seems to do the opposite.

There are a few other issues I can see with this. Namely, you'll now be "punished" for stopping to roll strongboxes, loot, or do anything other than blaze forward at mach speed.

GGG, please don't forget that there are those of us who enjoy chewing their food.

I get what you're saying about joining groups. It can be a rather large headache. However, I don't think this is really going to change things or "punish" people for stopping. They haven't said that anything else about the game is really changing. I think the best way to think about this is when you're playing the game normally you're just getting rewarded for killing things. You stop to roll a strongbox or sort your loot or something? Not a big deal, just start over. It's not punishing you for stopping, just rewarding you for being more efficient.

Still I understand your point of view. It could cause the urge to keep going, which could make your meal less savory.
Last edited by Kajakfaucon on Aug 7, 2014, 11:14:15 AM
so did i miss info on the new challenges in this league or are they released with Beyond league?
New master is pretty hot.

On another note: New summon skill?

Another quality ZAP! post.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info