MMORPG.com Reveals: Catarina, Master of the Dead and Rampage League

Rampage sounds like fun, but I was a little disappointed there will be no challenging mods for this league, just this buff? I know Domination and Ambush were basically no challenge either, though strongboxes could be dangerous sometimes.

Anyway I'm stoked to try it out. :)
IGN : Jovial
I dont like the new rampage league idea. It interferes in builds and characters to much imo. If i didnt like rouge exiles I could just avoid them, if i didnt like strongboxes i could pass them, when i found corrupted area i didnt have to enter it etc. But this rampage buff will turn on whenever i kill something and it tells me how to play to be more efficient and I dont like it.
"
yhateful wrote:
Rampage sounds like fun, but I was a little disappointed there will be no challenging mods for this league, just this buff? I know Domination and Ambush were basically no challenge either, though strongboxes could be dangerous sometimes.

Anyway I'm stoked to try it out. :)

"
greggz666 wrote:
If i understand rampage league is supposed to be an challenge league so why standard will be harder ? then i will make an summoner+culling strike and gg lvl 100 in a week! this idea sounds funny for sure but please (challenge league...)

no chalenge ? where ?
this buff is not free you have too earned it
1st it will be relatively tricky to sustain it , 5sec max you have to be fast
2nd 5 sec to kill this reflect pack you didn't see ? without OS yourself ? 5sec ? that meen you have tobe prepare for igna phoenix and Xandro Blooddrinker or any exile and kill them in 5sec , or loose the buff
3th the box will probably be here too with less chance to pop so what do you do ? yolo open it ? lose the buff ? skip it ?

edit forgot the rare mob with coorupted blood leech life regen extra life in that fucking ( here the name of the worth shrine for yu )
"
Fanaberia wrote:
I dont like the new rampage league idea. It interferes in builds and characters to much imo. If i didnt like rouge exiles I could just avoid them, if i didnt like strongboxes i could pass them, when i found corrupted area i didnt have to enter it etc. But this rampage buff will turn on whenever i kill something and it tells me how to play to be more efficient and I dont like it.

you stiil don't have to kill a mob every 5sec you probably have to kill 20/30 before 1st buff
ans sustain 1 kill/5sec
and that rarely apen unless you want to do that

it's your choice like box or shrine take the risk or not
/IGN OeilDeNuits /

Warband shop :https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1305164
Last edited by OeilDeNuit on Aug 9, 2014, 12:17:03 PM
"
yhateful wrote:

"
Fanaberia wrote:

you stiil don't have to kill a mob every 5sec you probably have to kill 20/30 before 1st buff
ans sustain 1 kill/5sec
and that rarely apen unless you want to do that

it's your choice like box or shrine take the risk or not

10 mobs before you get first buff. Only 10 mobs.
Last edited by Fanaberia on Aug 9, 2014, 12:20:59 PM
"
Fanaberia wrote:

10 mobs before you get first buff. Only 10 mobs.

every 2 pack you got some effect who pop and 1%? 2%? maybe 5% buff ? ok so 20 more for 2nd
5-6 pack for 2nd buff
don't forget you have 5 sec to grab what ever drop find something else too kill and kill it
just try with your better/faster caracter in a map or anywhere and sustain 1kill/5sec
this is hard you have to move fast to kill every f**k** thing fast, to find the good way every time
to tank anything

even with the fastest build you can have this is hard very hard
yes if you can sustain the buff the reward is huge
but sustain it first
/IGN OeilDeNuits /

Warband shop :https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1305164
I wished for something that would make players' life harder (like Anarchy, Invasion, Nemesis etc.) and not easier. But anyways, since I got pretty excited about HC during the 1MHC-race, I'm really curious about what the 'Beyond' HC League wíll be like.
"
It's nice that GGG is bringing in other websites to spread the hype, but MMORPG.org showcases once again the subpar quality of their journalism. Apart from numerous typos, they claim that Catarina is the Witch master when it's clear from the video that she's the Scion master...

+1

Imho the article is written disturbingly "casual" as in

"The goal with the Standard leagues is always about optimizing the fun and Rampage League will likely be one of the most fun Grinding Gear has thought up yet."

I mean, seriously?
IGN: SpoiledSoCalScion / ShadesOfPrey

Austriae est imperare orbi universo / GMT +1
Rampage sounds ok-ish.
I'm still waiting for 'Beyond' since i'll play mostly that.
"If you wait by the river long enough, the bodies of your enemies will float by."-Sun Tzu
"
Fanaberia wrote:

Yes, I want to play on my own pace, I have not much interest in playing as fast as possible...
People were thinking about how Rampage will be implemented into the core game after the leagues end...

My theory:
If it's too common or beneficial to keep it up as a full time game mechanic, it won't be.

Instead, they'll likely limit it to Master Missions and map mods only.

Way out there thought: New passive tree nodes to add to the effects of the rampage status OR skill gem "Rampage Aura"... yeah, way out there, huh?

Anyway, random thoughts and speculation.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info