Teaser Video for Vorici, Master Assassin

"
Galtrovan wrote:
"
kefirhl wrote:
"
D623932883 wrote:
Do these socket options roll the number of sockets as a minimum or are they the exact amount of sockets that would roll? Because if it's the latter, these prices are a bit off the mark, and the two socket option is nothing but a noob trap.

70 for five sockets and 350 for six sockets are way too high regardless. I've rarely needed to use even half those numbers to get those results. As it stands, I don't think I would ever use these two.

I have opposite opinion tbh, guaranteed prices should be ~1.5times higher than the actual odds.

No they shouldn't.

+1

Changes like that are implemented to fight with RNG overuse not to promote rng crafting even more.

I think link prices (150 and 1500) are ok but 350 jewelers for 6sox is maybe a little too much?
It seems far more than rng probabilities. More than linking costs at least.
"
Galtrovan wrote:
"
kefirhl wrote:
"
D623932883 wrote:
Do these socket options roll the number of sockets as a minimum or are they the exact amount of sockets that would roll? Because if it's the latter, these prices are a bit off the mark, and the two socket option is nothing but a noob trap.

70 for five sockets and 350 for six sockets are way too high regardless. I've rarely needed to use even half those numbers to get those results. As it stands, I don't think I would ever use these two.

I have opposite opinion tbh, guaranteed prices should be ~1.5times higher than the actual odds.

No they shouldn't.

My opinion is that they should. Your opinion that they shouldn't. Both have right to exist. But you can't say that my opinion is incorrect without providing arguments. In fact, you can, but then who cares.
Playing with 70-80ms ping, which is causing long loading between zones,
resulting in 2-4 minutes disadvantage in 1 hour races.
(I was wrong, it wasn't a ping issue but something else on GGG side)
Looks awesome.Thanx GGG!
Enough spoilers already! I'd rather be left excited towards the patch without indirect announcements of the content of the missions. (In the video)
Another quality ZAP! post.
"

+1

Changes like that are implemented to fight with RNG overuse not to promote rng crafting even more.

Changes like that are implemented to fight with RNG by cost of increased price of crafting compaired to original way or crafting. Otherwise there would be no reason at all to have rng element at remaining original way of crafting. Crafting by original way turns purely into gambling then with no way to gain consistent profit on successful crafting.
Playing with 70-80ms ping, which is causing long loading between zones,
resulting in 2-4 minutes disadvantage in 1 hour races.
(I was wrong, it wasn't a ping issue but something else on GGG side)
How can you always do it better? :O I was already hyped for Vaal expansion and really enjoyed it, now we get this... Awsome!!!
Make lab optional! Give us another way to get the ascendancy points we need.

#CantGitGudAtLab
Last edited by ainuayan on Aug 6, 2014, 9:12:18 AM
Really GGG kudos. It must have taken some courage to make these fairly large changes to the game. I'm super excited to see the results. ^^
"
kefirhl wrote:
"

+1

Changes like that are implemented to fight with RNG by cost of increased price of crafting compaired to original way or crafting. Otherwise there would be no reason at all to have rng element at remaining original way of crafting. Crafting by original way turns purely into gambling then with no way to gain consistent profit on successful crafting.

Actually this is incorrect, there is a reason to have an RNG element even if the "average" RNG cost is the same as the "fixed" cost.

Average RNG cost to 5L = 150 fuse (for example)
Fixed cost to 5L = 150 fuse

over the sample size of the entire playerbase, the amount of fusings used would not change because on average, the RNG cost is 150 fuse which is the same as the fixed cost. This is a good thing because players will still want to use the RNG method for the chance that they get a 5L with LESS than 150 fusings.

As a crafter I now have the follwoing options assuming normal distribution of linking:
- 50% chance to get a 5L in less than 150 fuse (gambling win)
- 50% chance to get a 5L in MORE than 150 fuse (gambling lose)
- 100% chance to get a 5L for exactly 150 fuse (fixed cost)

if you make the fixed price higher than the RNG average then it becomes worthless because the chance of getting a 5L with less than the fixed cost (gambling win) is higher.
IGN: OldManBalls (Warbands)
Last edited by demivion on Aug 6, 2014, 9:16:53 AM
"
demivion wrote:

if you make the fixed price higher than the RNG average then it becomes worthless because the chance of getting a 5L with less than the fixed cost (gambling win) is higher.

You pay to avoid the risk of beeing unlucky, what's hard to understand about it ? It's a choice, you can go safely by extra paying compared to odd or gamble and pray.
IGN TylordRampage
Something I didn't find in any of the discussion is what do you pay to 6L a one socket item?

Do you first have to pay 350 Jewellers to get it to 6S and then pay 1500 fusing to link it?
Or do you simply pay 1500 fusing and it upgrades it to 6L directly with random socket colours?
Went SSF in Delve and I'm never going back.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info