Teaser Video for Vorici, Master Assassin

Man 14 days of torture :(

I so love this teaser music, WTB in game.
can't wait please release it sooner :)
omg, it doesn't matter how much you think is the probability for linking or socketing, GGG knows better than you.
and they said the prices will be slightly above that.
so, the probability to 6-socket is around 1:325
and for 6-linking -> around 1:1450
you can say that you think it takes around 200 jewelers, but you're wrong.
Last edited by Dunedain02 on Aug 6, 2014, 7:21:35 AM
"
Allnamestaken wrote:
Don't remember ever needing 350 jewelers for a 6S. This is so blatant that it is quite amusing to watch people actually try to defend it.

So because you never needed it (how many times did you do it?) doesn't mean that's the average, some people are just lucky. I only tried it once, pumped everything I had in it and at 800 it was still not 6-socketed and the end of the league was close, and yes it was a high enough ilvl item.
"
Dunedain02 wrote:
omg, it doesn't matter how much you think is the probability for linking or socketing, GGG knows better than you.
and they said the prices will be slightly above that.
so, the probability to 6-socket is around 1:325
and for 6-linking -> around 1:1450
you can say that you think it takes around 200 jewelers, but you're wrong.

omg, it doesn't matter how much you believe to 1 person from GGG who might not have all the information or knowledge in maths. Statistics and maths know better than him.
and if they said the prices will be slightly above that they still may have incorrect understanding of mechanics of own game.
so, the probability to 6-socket is less than 350
and for 6-linking it is less than 1:1500
you can say whatever, but you're wrong.

Also Chris message from Feb 2012 regarding jeweller's and odds of sockets, if you will read it correctly you'll understand why odds are around 1:223. FYI WhiteBoy read it incorrectly.
Playing with 70-80ms ping, which is causing long loading between zones,
resulting in 2-4 minutes disadvantage in 1 hour races.
(I was wrong, it wasn't a ping issue but something else on GGG side)
Last edited by kefirhl on Aug 6, 2014, 7:49:44 AM
I have a question which I didn't see answered anywhere. Since this is an arpg and we already have big rng aspects in the game and even with SotV we had more rng elements implemented is it safe to assume that there will be different rarities on the Masters? Some will spawn more frequently and some you will only see a few times in the sum of the 3 month?
Do these socket options roll the number of sockets as a minimum or are they the exact amount of sockets that would roll? Because if it's the latter, these prices are a bit off the mark, and the two socket option is nothing but a noob trap.

70 for five sockets and 350 for six sockets are way too high regardless. I've rarely needed to use even half those numbers to get those results. As it stands, I don't think I would ever use these two.

Last edited by D623932883 on Aug 6, 2014, 8:00:09 AM
"
D623932883 wrote:
Do these socket options roll the number of sockets as a minimum or are they the exact amount of sockets that would roll? Because if it's the latter, these prices are a bit off the mark, and the two socket option is nothing but a noob trap.

70 for five sockets and 350 for six sockets are way too high regardless. I've rarely needed to use even half those numbers to get those results. As it stands, I don't think I would ever use these two.

I have opposite opinion tbh, guaranteed prices should be ~1.5times higher than the actual odds.
Playing with 70-80ms ping, which is causing long loading between zones,
resulting in 2-4 minutes disadvantage in 1 hour races.
(I was wrong, it wasn't a ping issue but something else on GGG side)
"
TwistedTrip wrote:
"
Andrew676 wrote:
intresting...

I usually use 20-100 jewelers for 6S but no 350 :D

Feel free to share around your RnG, I used 400-500 to 6soc my Lioneye's Glare in 2 week hc charity race.

Ya, I know. People come in here and go, 350, no way. I can do it 20-100. Well good for you Mr. Lucky RNG guy. But note, there are people far luckier than you that do it in less. And to pay for you lucky people, there are unlucky people like me that after blowing through 500 or more jewelers that pray to god they have enough jewelers and fuses left to get back to having the measly 4 link they started with. Otherwise, time to switch characters because the item you were using is now broken and you are broke.

When I want to 6 socket something, guess which way I'll be doing it in the new patch.

Also, when I want to 4 link something guess which way I'll be doing it in the new patch. Last time I tried to 4 link a new pair of boots... 14 damn fuses. Really. Bunch of crap. I'll pay just pay the 5.
Last edited by Galtrovan on Aug 6, 2014, 8:10:02 AM
"
kefirhl wrote:
"
D623932883 wrote:

I have opposite opinion tbh, guaranteed prices should be ~1.5times higher than the actual odds.

No they shouldn't.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info